• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

hey guys i need some help in adding a new tab to EP file . i have "EZ new fields" contribution installed on my site. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1310

and the problem im having is the retail price wont show in downloaded txt file, and thats why in admin the retail price box is blank

your help is very much appreciated

thankyou

Hi everyone,

With help of Surfalot replies to my silly questions , I managed to use easy populate (Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2)

There is no problem now, i manages to upload 7000 poducts using split file system.

I have Additional Images contribution installed, at prsent i can only use one image for one product.

is there any script or any update of present contribution available which enable me to upload or use additional images contribution in easy populate.

Thanks

Zee

Hi everyone,

With help of Surfalot replies to my silly questions , I managed to use easy populate (Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2)

There is no problem now, i manages to upload 7000 poducts using split file system.

I have Additional Images contribution installed, at prsent i can only use one image for one product.

is there any script or any update of present contribution available which enable me to upload or use additional images contribution in easy populate.

Thanks

Zee

I have tried Ultra Pics and have run into the above errors: 1136 and 1064. I have also tried More Pics with no luck. Please let me know if you have better luck.

Hello there,

I'm newbie at OSC and just installed easypopulate (the november 2006 Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) full package).

But when i run it and click on "build file" nothing happens, it only reloads the easypopulate.php page... what am I missing here?

Thanx

"Dreams are the pilar of reality, stop dreaming and you'll exist no more"

BTW: Once that i don't have any "/catalog/temp" dir but "/loja/temp" (the complete is "ftp.mysite.com/inforibe/www/loja/temp") what do i have to change in easypopulate.php?

I've changed:

// **** Temp directory ****

// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.

//

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/";

into this:

// **** Temp directory ****

// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.

//

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/loja/temp/";

is this correct?

Also, in the manual there is this instruction:

"6. Open your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file and set DOCUMENT_ROOT TO $DOCUMENT_ROOT DO THIS!! IT IS

VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SUCCESS. IF YOU DO NOT FLLOW THIS YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!"

So, in my configure.php i have this:

<?php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mysite.com');

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.mysite.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.mysite.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/inforibe/public_html/loja/'); ------> is this the line to change?

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/loja/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/inforibe/public_html/loja/admin/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/loja/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/inforibe/public_html/loja/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'me ;)');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'you wish ;)');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'inforibe_prod');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

is it suppose to be define ---- > ('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/inforibe/public_html/loja/');

Yeah, ok, laugh at your will :)

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

I am getting this error when running ezpopulate to make products inactive.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '144.9500", vendors_id="1" ,manufacturers_id=80 , products_status=0 WHERE ' at line 4

I have been searching this board for hours and can't find a solution that works for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

I have downloaded the latest EP module with REGISTER GLOBALS Off.

I have also enabled options for ULTRA PICS in EP.

All works perfect and iam able to download the file.

When I modify data or add new data in the xls file and upload it again and INSERT usign the Import to DB option, Nothing happens, the page gets redirected to EP page again.

Is it something to dow tih REGISTER GLOBALS ?

I have installed the latest version of Easy Populate. I have successfully downloaded my database and looks fine. However when I upload the file the fields don't match!. So I get the wrong data in the fields... product model is the product name for example!

I do have extra product columns in the database, but I do not need them for this task, so I thought it would be ok not to add these to the code. I guess these extra columns are linked to the problem. Do I need to add all columns to the code.

Any suggestions / help?

Thanks, Gareth

Edited by WS Evolution

I have installed the latest version of Easy Populate. I have successfully downloaded my database and looks fine. However when I upload the file the fields don't match!. So I get the wrong data in the fields... product model is the product name for example!

I do have extra product columns in the database, but I do not need them for this task, so I thought it would be ok not to add these to the code. I guess these extra columns are linked to the problem. Do I need to add all columns to the code.

Any suggestions / help?

Thanks, Gareth

My product table:

CREATE TABLE `products` (
 `products_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
 `products_quantity` int(4) NOT NULL default '900',
 `products_model` varchar(12) default NULL,
 `products_image` varchar(64) default NULL,
 `products_price` decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',
 `products_date_added` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
 `products_last_modified` datetime default NULL,
 `products_date_available` datetime default NULL,
 `products_weight` decimal(5,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
 `products_status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
 `products_tax_class_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 `manufacturers_id` int(11) default NULL,
 `products_ordered` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 `product_botanical_name` varchar(30) default NULL,
 `products_master` int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
 `products_master_status` tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '0',
 `products_listing_status` tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '1',
 `products_to_rss` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1',
 PRIMARY KEY  (`products_id`),
 KEY `idx_products_date_added` (`products_date_added`),
 KEY `product_botanical_name` (`product_botanical_name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=1765;

My tab limited headings in order they are exported!

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_options_id_3 v_attribute_options_name_3_1 v_attribute_options_id_4 v_attribute_options_name_4_1 v_attribute_options_id_5 v_attribute_options_name_5_1 v_attribute_options_id_6 v_attribute_options_name_6_1 v_attribute_options_id_7 v_attribute_options_name_7_1 v_attribute_options_id_8 v_attribute_options_name_8_1 v_attribute_values_id_8_1 v_attribute_values_name_8_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_8_1 v_attribute_values_id_8_2 v_attribute_values_name_8_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_8_2 v_attribute_values_id_8_3 v_attribute_values_name_8_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_8_3 v_attribute_values_id_8_4 v_attribute_values_name_8_4_1 v_attribute_values_price_8_4 v_attribute_values_id_8_5 v_attribute_values_name_8_5_1 v_attribute_values_price_8_5 v_attribute_values_id_8_6 v_attribute_values_name_8_6_1 v_attribute_values_price_8_6 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

Hope this helps someone spot my problem....

Edited by WS Evolution

Hello,

I have installed easy populate to my oscommerce site. I can download a file successfully and upload in to my site on local host. When I attempt to upload on my live site I get this message

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpti6Dwj

User filename: test4.txt

Size: 3187

but nothing is uploaded. Files are being placed in my temp folder and if I try to upload a file from my temp folder i still get the same message! I guess it is something to do with my configuration for my live site but I cannot figure out what. All other aspects of my live site seem to work fine.

I have spent ages trying to work this out and any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Claire

I use oscommerce_2.2ms2_060817 with Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2_with_admin.

After installing Easy Populate evertything seemed to work ok, I could download csv's to my computer and to the temp dir.

But when I "Upload and Import EP File" or "Import EP file from Temp Dir", nothing happens, no green bar saying that it's succeded, no updated data in the shop, no error msg.

I probably missed some important.

Can somebody give me a clue?

Easy Populate not "Inserting into DB"

If I try to "Create Complete .csv file in temp dir" it works fine (so the temp thingie works) and I get the green bar telling me where to dl the csv file

When I copy (from FTP) and paste the filename "Import EP file from Temp Dir" box, nothing happens, no error msg, no green bar.

When I put a wrong name in that box, nothing happens just the same.

oscommerce_2.2ms2_060817 with Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2_with_admin

phpMyAdmin 2.9.1.1 mysql Server version: 5.0.37

Products: just the OSC standard products database, so the csv can't be too long.

Globals are off, I installed the patch.

Contrib: STS v4.5.2

CSV starts with:

v_products_model,v_products_image,v_products_name_4,v_products_des
cription_4,v_products_url_4,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_products
_url_1,v_products_name_2,v_products_description_2,v_products_url_2,v_products_pri
ce,v_products_weight,v_date_avail,v_date_added,v_products_quantity,v_manufacturer
s_name,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_categories_name_3,v_tax_class_ti
tle,v_status,EOREOR

Do you want to see the whole csv file?

It's a bit longish with all the default OSC descriptions

BTW, if I load this csv file into Exel 2003, it really becomes unwieldy, all the fields mess up because the descriptions are so long.

exel.jpg

If I load the file into PHP Designer 2007, it looks normal again, but then finding the right columns becomes a prob, as they are not alighned with the other rows

How do you guys edit your csv files?

Easy Populate not "Inserting into DB"

If I try to "Create Complete .csv file in temp dir" it works fine (so the temp thingie works) and I get the green bar telling me where to dl the csv file

When I copy (from FTP) and paste the filename "Import EP file from Temp Dir" box, nothing happens, no error msg, no green bar.

When I put a wrong name in that box, nothing happens just the same.

oscommerce_2.2ms2_060817 with Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2_with_admin

Products: just the OSC standard products database, so the csv can't be too long.

Globals are off, I installed the patch.

Contrib: STS v4.5.2

CSV starts with:

v_products_model,v_products_image,v_products_name_4,v_products_des
cription_4,v_products_url_4,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_products
_url_1,v_products_name_2,v_products_description_2,v_products_url_2,v_products_pri
ce,v_products_weight,v_date_avail,v_date_added,v_products_quantity,v_manufacturer
s_name,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_categories_name_3,v_tax_class_ti
tle,v_status,EOREOR

Do you want to see the whole csv file?

It's a bit longish with all the default OSC descriptions

BTW, if I load this csv file into Exel 2003, it really becomes unwieldy, all the fields mess up because the descriptions are so long.

exel.jpg

If I load the file into PHP Designer 2007, it looks normal again, but then finding the right columns becomes a prob, as they are not alighned with the other rows

How do you guys edit your csv files?

Highlight the cell thats too long -> open the format menu -> select cells -> click on the alignment -> change the text controls... you should find wrapping text or shrink text helps. (I am using excel 2000). Hope it helps.

I recently installed Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2. I'm getting similar errors that others have posted recently (see below). I've downloaded the csv file, and I've tried uploading it as a csv file and a txt file, neither have worked. I've have already set my temp file to the correct permission. And I've tried using the Excell Safe and Replace quotes settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Matt

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/store/temp/EP2007Jul19-1402.csv) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/competi1/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/php6ygEwY' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/store/temp/EP2007Jul19-1402.csv' in /home/competi1/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php6ygEwY

User filename: EP2007Jul19-1402.csv

Size: 146943

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/store/temp/EP2007Jul19-1402.csv) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/competi1/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: fopen(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/store/temp/EP2007Jul19-1402.csv) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/competi1/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 831

##Can not open CSV file for reading. Script will terminate.

Can some one clarify a few things for me about EP so I can see if its a fault with my install or I'm just wishing it did more that it was intended to do.

when I do a full dump of products the first product has the correct attributes lets say its a jacket thats available in red, green and blue.

but any lines underneath are incorrect - lets say its a pair of trousers available in small medium and large - but it will show red, green and blue.

this makes me think something about my install is wrong.

now for uploading data -

I want to add a t-shirt and I also want to add new attributes for this T-shirt of long sleeve or short sleeve.

Can EP do this add a new product with new attribs? or is it only able to use attribs previously in the system.

many thanks

Graeme

To add to my recent post (see above), I'm also having an error on the file manager admin page. I think it has something to do with the DOCUMENT_ROOT. I had to add a $ to it when installing the contrib

Warning: dir(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/competi1/public_html/store/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/competi1/public_html/store/admin/file_manager.php on line 179

File Manager

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT

Looking at the contribution page for easy populate, lots of people have added their comments, which makes it quite confusing.

Which version is the latest/full package/fully working (english version) please?

I am running MS2x - many thanks :)

----------------------------------------

Minxy :)

"Keep plodding on to achieve your dreams"

Umm hi guys.. I am new here as you can tell since this is my first post lol.. umm anyways I want to use Easy Populate but I have no idea which version to use from the contributions page.. there are so many and it is confusing.. I just downloaded the newest version of OSCommerce from http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads so I am not sure which version I have and would like to know which version of EP to download? I really don't want to browse through every page on here.. So anything you guys can tell me would be appreciated..

I have tried several different configs.

At the moment I'm working with oscommerce_2.2ms2_060817 (no contribs, only the RegisterGlobals v1.5-PatchFiles) thinking that EP was initally developed for that version.

If I install Surfalot's Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) nothing happens, no files are created, nothing gets imported to the database, no error msg's

If I install moosey_jude's Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 with Admin nothing happens when I import a file, but when I click on of the "Create Files in Temp Dir" commands, I get a green bar with the msg: "You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: /usr/home/ws/color/www.coloursite.nl/www/naaldkunst/EP_VAR_TEMPDIREP2007Jul21-0707.txt" And in fact, I find the file (EP_VAR_TEMPDIREP2007Jul21-0707.txt) in the root of my shop, not in the temp dir

I can't get it to put the files into the temp dir anymore, even though I have put a temp dir into the /naaldkunst/ dir and set permissions to 777 (the HTTP path is: http://www.coloursite.nl/naaldkunst/temp)

If I open easypopulate.php and change $tempdir = DIR_FS_CATALOG . EP_VAR_TEMPDIR; to $tempdir = DIR_FS_CATALOG . usr/home/ws/color/www.coloursite.nl/www/naaldkunst/temp

I get: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GLOBAL in /usr/home/ws/color/www.coloursite.nl/www/naaldkunst/admin/easypopulate.php on line 40

I'm rally at my wit's end, can anybody offer any advice?

Well, it seems that the prob was with the location of the temp dir.

When I made the dir in admin/temp everything worked fine.

I remember now that I did the same thing a few days ago, and that's why the thing worked partially, then.

However, I still can't upload a file, when I click the ïnsert into DB"button,nothing happens, no errors, no green bar at the top of my browser window, no updated proces, nothing.

oscommerce_2.2ms2_060817 (no contribs, only the RegisterGlobals v1.5-PatchFiles)

Surfalot's EasyPopulate 2.76d with Admin and moosey_jude's Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 with Admin

Products: just the OSC standard products database