• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

more importantly is your PHP globals on/off?

Is the php error reporting turned on? (ask your host)

then look at this post about php 5. but that problem will still insert the first line, then quit.

post 5554 might have more info for you to look at.

Thank you for your answer.

PHP globals are on.

error_reporting = E_ALL

I tried the suggested modifications from url=http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=162244&view=findpost&p=982309]this post[/url. Same results.

I read post 5554, I left only a few products into the file then I tried to upload the data.

Same results. The database is empty and nothing apear on the screen when importing data (new product or updated)

I am working locally, so I modified php.ini regarding the time and memory for the script.

Thank you for your answer.

PHP globals are on.

error_reporting = E_ALL

I tried the suggested modifications from url=http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=162244&view=findpost&p=982309]this post[/url. Same results.

I read post 5554, I left only a few products into the file then I tried to upload the data.

Same results. The database is empty and nothing apear on the screen when importing data (new product or updated)

I am working locally, so I modified php.ini regarding the time and memory for the script.

I see from one of your other posts you are using vista and IIS 7? That would be important info when asking for help with osC. If you are getting nothing, no error, no report, then there isn't much more I can help with since I can't test that environment. I provided a general debug method in post 4919 that might help you track it down where your problem is.

I see from one of your other posts you are using vista and IIS 7? That would be important info when asking for help with osC. If you are getting nothing, no error, no report, then there isn't much more I can help with since I can't test that environment. I provided a general debug method in post 4919 that might help you track it down where your problem is.

Yes, you are correct, I am using VISTA and IIS7.

I had an operational shop under XP, IIS6, PHP 4 and mySQL 4 . Now I have to fix it in the new conditions.

The test method you suggested is exactly what I had in mind for seeing the path followed by EasyPopulate.

Normally, I am using a little diferent approach for testing. I am inserting into the code more messages indicated where I am in the code. When I am running the code I can see where the problem is located and where I have to focus onto.

Thank you for your time.

Hi all.

My product names are long and are being cut off. For example,

"EVGA 128-A8-N303-L2 GEFORCE FX5200 128MB 64-BIT DDR AGP 4X 8X VIDEO CARD";

Shows on the site as

"EVGA 128-A8-N303-L2 GEFORCE FX5200 128MB 64-BIT DDR AGP 4X 8X VI"

Do I have to modify the field in myphp admin? I found the table,with the names cut off, I just have no clue how to modify it as a whole. Any insight would be appreciated!

Temp Dir:

/home/dadano/public_html/temp/

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 18

Price with tax: false

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: true

Category depth: 3

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

General server information:

Operating system Linux

Kernel version 2.6.17.11-grsechg

Machine Type i686

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PERL version 5.8.7

Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl

Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

cPanel Build 10.9.0-RELEASE 7965

Theme cPanel X v2.6.0

Regards,

Dano

I was working with easypopulate fine for a long of period .... . My server had php 4.4.4

I moved my site to another host company ( vodahost ) and now the server has php 5.1.6

In both servers register_globals are on .

When i'm trying to insert to the database a file from my temp dir or directly from my computer , i get error 406 with the following message

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /osc1/admin/easypopulate.php could not be found on this server.

I can't fix it . Has anyone the same problem ?

I'm searching in the forum 2 days now , and i can't fix it .

AS i made a search at google , this error must become from the <FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" ACTION="easypopulate.php?split=0" METHOD="POST"> .

I saw that too many people have problem with this .

Is this the problem ?

We have to fix it

what do you have for your model size in the db? that also must change . . .

Hi all.

Shows on the site as

Do I have to modify the field in myphp admin? I found the table,with the names cut off, I just have no clue how to modify it as a whole. Any insight would be appreciated!

Temp Dir:

/home/dadano/public_html/temp/

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 18

Price with tax: false

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: true

Category depth: 3

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

General server information:

Operating system Linux

Kernel version 2.6.17.11-grsechg

Machine Type i686

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PERL version 5.8.7

Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl

Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

cPanel Build 10.9.0-RELEASE 7965

Theme cPanel X v2.6.0

Regards,

Dano

Hello!

Thank you for easypopulate contribution!

One question please:

Look at this picture:

easypopulate_new.gif

This is my excell file:

v_products_model | v_products_image |v_products_name_1 | v_products_description_1 |v_products_url_1 ......................

How can I create some columns (v_file_name | v_max_days | v_num_downloads) (this is attributes for downloadable products) in excell file and import by easypopulate?

Thank you, ivan

Edited by ivanos

Hello!

Thank you for easypopulate contribution!

One question please:

Look at this picture:

easypopulate_new.gif

This is my excell file:

v_products_model | v_products_image |v_products_name_1 | v_products_description_1 |v_products_url_1 ......................

How can I create some columns (v_file_name | v_max_days | v_num_downloads) (this is attributes for downloadable products) in excell file and import by easypopulate?

Thank you, ivan

if you don't have php globals problems, you may consider trying the version I uploaded. There is some confusion about what v2.76d is since the other uploaders didn't give their work a unique version number. all the settings are in the easypopulate file not the admin.

Hi Todd,

that file worked like a blast.. thanks man.. ! :D

Hi all.

Shows on the site as

Do I have to modify the field in myphp admin?

yes, it's easy in phpMyAdmin.

**** First, do a complete backup of your database ****

click on the products_description table name

find the products_name field and click the little pencil icon on the same row.

where you see "Length/Values", increase that number to the length you need and click save.

And to what Mibble added, you need to increase the size of your product model number field also since you have increase the size to 18 in your easypopulate.php settings. The Model number is in the products table, field products_model. Increase that to 18.

I was working with easypopulate fine for a long of period .... . My server had php 4.4.4

I moved my site to another host company ( vodahost ) and now the server has php 5.1.6

In both servers register_globals are on .

When i'm trying to insert to the database a file from my temp dir or directly from my computer , i get error 406 with the following message

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /osc1/admin/easypopulate.php could not be found on this server.

I can't fix it . Has anyone the same problem ?

I'm searching in the forum 2 days now , and i can't fix it .

AS i made a search at google , this error must become from the <FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" ACTION="easypopulate.php?split=0" METHOD="POST"> .

I saw that too many people have problem with this .

Is this the problem ?

We have to fix it

this is the first I've heard of this error. but I've only been lurking since the middle of last year.

if that is the complete error, I'd say you have a path problem in your configure.php file. It's just my guess, but "/osc1/admin/easypopulate.php" is not a complete path to your script. It should be "/home/accountname/public_html/osc1/admin/easypopulate.php" for a cPanel server and most likely longer for any other server also. So I would be looking at problems in your configure.php or maybe an incorrectly formulated link to the page.

perhaps your version of php does not include the fix for php5, i dont have the exact link, however search here and you should find what needs to be changed.

Find

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

replace with this

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

If it's NOT php5, don't change anything at this point.

Find

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

replace with this

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

If it's NOT php5, don't change anything at this point.

As my hosting company answered me , they have disabled the mod_secutiry option and it works now perfectly !!!!

Thank you a lot for your time and efforts

Tell anyone that in PHP5 they must disable the mod_security option

Hello,

I am having a problem using EP with product attibutes which I hope someone will be able to assist with. I downloaded a sample document and worked in 3 test products - after adding in several product attributes with their corresponding values, the new attributes and values get added on to Product Attributes under Oscommerce Admin, but these attributes do not appear in the product listing. The other product description and pricing etc are uploaded without a problem.

Does anyone know why the product attributes are not automatically displaying with the product description?

It only works if I do this manually under Admin/Product Attributs, but with several thousand items, I really need this to work with EP.

My specs:

php - version 4.4.6

MySQL - 3.23.49

register globals ON

EP version - 2.76

Windows Server IIS

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi there,

I have another question: is it possible to use Easy Populate together with another contribution Product Extra Fields? I really need to add additional product fields to the product description page, and it's just too much manual work to do it one by one for over thousand items. If the product attributes do not work, I will have to install the Product Extra fields contribution, hopefully if there is a way to customise in the extra fields into EP, that will be really sweet.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciate!

Thank you in advance!

As my hosting company answered me , they have disabled the mod_secutiry option and it works now perfectly !!!!

Thank you a lot for your time and efforts

Tell anyone that in PHP5 they must disable the mod_security option

that is not entirely true. They should have been able to setup a work-around for this script only, but still leave it enabled for your and their safety. mod_security rules are very different on every host. Some hosts are restrictive, some not so much. This script will work with mod_security and reasonable rules, I do it every day.

In the future, make the entire error text bold, including the error 406 part. I totally missed that.

One question please:

Look at this picture:

easypopulate_new.gif

This is my excell file:

Thank you, ivan

One question please:

Look at this picture:

easypopulate_new.gif

This is my excell file:

Thank you, ivan

Hello,

I am having a problem using EP with product attibutes which I hope someone will be able to assist with. I downloaded a sample document and worked in 3 test products - after adding in several product attributes with their corresponding values, the new attributes and values get added on to Product Attributes under Oscommerce Admin, but these attributes do not appear in the product listing. The other product description and pricing etc are uploaded without a problem.

Does anyone know why the product attributes are not automatically displaying with the product description?

It only works if I do this manually under Admin/Product Attributs, but with several thousand items, I really need this to work with EP.

My specs:

php - version 4.4.6

MySQL - 3.23.49

register globals ON

EP version - 2.76

Windows Server IIS

Thank you very much in advance!

My advise on working with attributes is to enter one product you wish to emulate using the osCommerce product/attributes mangager. Then export that product and examine how the attributes are shown in the spreadsheet. Then you should have a good model to work with when creating more products.

if you find that it still doesn't work, make sure you are using the 2.76d version that I uploaded and try again.

Hi there,

I have another question: is it possible to use Easy Populate together with another contribution Product Extra Fields? I really need to add additional product fields to the product description page, and it's just too much manual work to do it one by one for over thousand items. If the product attributes do not work, I will have to install the Product Extra fields contribution, hopefully if there is a way to customise in the extra fields into EP, that will be really sweet.

Thank you in advance!

It's possible to code for that, but I don't know of anyone that has. there are many versions of EP that have a variety of contributions included. Look through the list and do some investigating.

Hello,

When I import products with Easy Populate, everything goes well, and I can buy new products,

list them...

but when I enter in product information page (product_info.php) there is no description, price appears to zero , boxes of right side are downside boxes of left side...

If I edit any of these products with oscommerce admin, without changing anything, everything

goes well and the problem dissapears.

I use EP 2.76 d

laperfu.jpg

Hi there,

Thank you in advance!

Actually it's possible, but you need to know your way around phpmyadmin, sql and a little php coding. You shouldn't use the extra fields contribution if you still want to use easypopulate to import and export products, as it would be way too complicated to add the new tables to the Easypopulate file.

What you need to do:

1. Install surfalot's Easypopulate version

2. Go into phpmyadmin and add the fields you need to the products table, or if you need fields with different languages, add them to the products_description table

3. Edit the Easypopulate file and add your new fields wherever occurrences of the corresponding table's fields are. e.g. search for products_description and add your fields from the products_description table, search for e.g. products_weight and add your fields from the products table. Make sure that you go with the same naming scheme that is used for the existing fields in the easypopulate file.

4. To actually show the fields you need to edit the products_info.php file, add the new fields to the sql-query and do an echo with the field e.g. for the already existing products_weigh field:

<?php echo $product_info['products_weight']; ?>

That should just work fine if I haven't overlooked anything :)

Hello,

When I import products with Easy Populate, everything goes well, and I can buy new products,

list them...

but when I enter in product information page (product_info.php) there is no description, price appears to zero , boxes of right side are downside boxes of left side...

If I edit any of these products with oscommerce admin, without changing anything, everything

goes well and the problem dissapears.

I use EP 2.76 d

laperfu.jpg

If you have a comparison tool such as WinDiff or Beyond Compare, you can try this.

after you import using EP, export the entire database using phpMyAdmin. Save that file for later.

edit and safe a product, so that your product now appears correctly.

now export the entire database using phpMyAdmin again.

now compare the two exports files from phpMyAdmin with WinDiff and please report the differences here.

That should help me figure-out what is not getting setup correctly in the EP import.