• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I am having a problem downloading attributes.

I have QTPro installed, which lets you define multiple stock quantities for different products, for example, I have 10 SM, 10 MED and 10 LG shirts. (Not just "30" shirts). When people check out, the respective stock levels get depleted accordingly.

When I download a complete text file, it just shows my total (30) for the T-Shirt product. I don't see where I can specify different quantities for each attribute if I were to upload more shirts. Is this something that can be done?

And I have the following set:

$products_with_attributes = true;

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)

Attributes in Product List for QTpro 1.0 (add-on)

PHP 4.4.4

MySQL 4.1.21-standard

Trustix 2.4.34-1tr

Thanks,

-Sean

Edited by SeanLee

EP v276dms2

General server information:

Operating system Linux

Kernel version 2.6.17.11-grsechg

Machine Type i686

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

cPanel Build 10.9.0-RELEASE 7965

Theme cPanel X v2.6.0

The database is only recognizing html from excel and ms works spreadsheet when it is in line. As opposed to something you would copy out of dreamweaver which is vertical. Does that make sense? Is there any way in dreamweaver to format html in one continuous line instead of stacked like normal?

Also I am finding that the "product_names and model_numbers are being cut off. I was using the manufacturer part number as the model number, is this a no no? Should it be something like numbers between 10000-20000?

// set this to the size of your model number field in the db.  We check to make sure all models are no longer than this value.
// this prevents the database from getting fubared.  Just making this number bigger won't help your database!  They must match!
global $modelsize;
$modelsize = 20;

Thoughts?

-dano

you don't need to inline the html with the excel safe option enabled.

model numbers can be any alpha-numeric values.

I have changed no table names. Just to lcarify, my attributes load fine. The problem that I have is that I need also need to upload an attribute for a download zip file for a few hundered different download products (digital photograpgy backgrounds). I have seen that others have tried to do this, but have not seen any solutions.

Thanks

as stated many times in this thread, there is no support for download attributes in v2.76x.

I am having a problem downloading attributes.

I have QTPro installed, which lets you define multiple stock quantities for different products, for example, I have 10 SM, 10 MED and 10 LG shirts. (Not just "30" shirts). When people check out, the respective stock levels get depleted accordingly.

When I download a complete text file, it just shows my total (30) for the T-Shirt product. I don't see where I can specify different quantities for each attribute if I were to upload more shirts. Is this something that can be done?

And I have the following set:

$products_with_attributes = true;

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)

Attributes in Product List for QTpro 1.0 (add-on)

PHP 4.4.4

MySQL 4.1.21-standard

Trustix 2.4.34-1tr

Thanks,

-Sean

I can't support integrating other contributions, sorry. I am focussing on cleaning up the base code. Someone else may be able to help though.

I am using version 2.76d. osCommerce 2.2-MS2 PHP Version 4.3.10-19

This contribution seems to work great! BUT, I cannot get the attributes download to work. I get the Excel file with a model column and the eod of line column...nothing else. Did I miss a configuration step? Thank you for your help.

I just found another issue:

When I try to "Upload and Import EP File", the screen refreshes, but I don't get anything. No error or success message. There is nothing in the database.

Per the manual, I tried downloading a complete EP file and without even opening it, I tried to upload. Same results.

It can't be a size issue, as there are only three products in the store right now.

Any ideas?

Only the price/quantity download (quick link) has the SPPC added to it. As long as you have uncommented the rest of th e SPPC code, that should do if for you. Unfortunately there is a bug in 2.76d that will blank out the product name and description if not included, so you will need to download a file with those, then the price/quantity, then copy your SPPC columns to the spreadsheet that has the name/description included also.

Hi Todd,

Have uncommented as per below:

$filelayout = array(
		'v_products_model'		=> $iii++,
		'v_products_price'		=> $iii++,
		'v_products_quantity'		=> $iii++,
		'v_customer_price_1'		=> $iii++,
		'v_customer_group_id_1'		=> $iii++,
		'v_customer_price_2'		=> $iii++,
		'v_customer_group_id_2'		=> $iii++,
		#'v_customer_price_3'		=> $iii++,
		#'v_customer_group_id_3'		=> $iii++,
		#'v_customer_price_4'		=> $iii++,
		#'v_customer_group_id_4'		=> $iii++,
			);

and uncommented all the SPPC code starting:

// this is for the separate price per customer module
	if (isset($filelayout['v_customer_price_1'])){
		$sql2 = "SELECT
				customers_group_price,
				customers_group_id
			FROM
				".TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS."
			WHERE
			products_id = " . $row['v_products_id'] . "
			ORDER BY
			customers_group_id"
		;

I can't find anything else that references SPPC.

Downloaded the prices/quantity file but there are no SPPC columns included. Added name/description columns plus v_customer_price_N and v_customer_price_group_N manually and did the upload and the details insert OK into the retail group (0) but not into the trade (Group 1). Queried the product_groups table and the entries have not inserted into the table.

Also tried using a Complete file and inserted v_customer_price_N and v_customer_price_group_N manually before v_manufacturers_name, same results as above, group 0 is fine but no entry into group 1.

Have I missed some code to uncomment somewhere?

Also, instruction states:

Open your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file and set DOCUMENT_ROOT TO $DOCUMENT_ROOT DO THIS!!

I now have the following error on admin/file_manager.php (not that I use this but I don't like errors just in case they are duplicated elsewhere I haven't found yet):

Warning: dir(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/**/public_html/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/**/public_html/admin/file_manager.php on line 179

Presumably I need to change something in admin/file_manager.php so it is happy with $DOCUMENT_ROOT instead of DOCUMENT_ROOT do I?

Many thanks for your help.

Katie.

as stated many times in this thread, there is no support for download attributes in v2.76x.

Yes, that's right. This contrib does not support file download names right out of the box. This is true of many of the things that people are trying to with the contrib and are asking about in this thread. I know that because I read the the thread. A reply stating that you don't know the answer to my question is not going to be helpful.

My questions is this: has anyone found a way to incorporate the filenames for downloadable products into their store?

Thanks

hey, Ive just downloaded a 'Complete .txt file to edit' and added another product at the end of the long list. I then went to the admin section found the file and tried to upload it and clicked 'Insert into db'

Then i got all these errors... Whats wrong?!

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar29-2008.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpP4IDkE' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar29-2008.txt' in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpP4IDkE
User filename: EP2007Mar29-2008.txt
Size: 143

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar29-2008.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

Edited by Benjjj6

I have my store in the root.

I have '/temp/' in my easy populate admin file.

Is this correct?

I can upload db to my dev store on the same server (/shop_dev/temp/) no worries but the same db I can't upload to my live shop.

I used to have the shop in 'shop' and admin easy populate.php used to have /shop/temp/

which is where EP is still trying to put the info.

How do I refresh EP to realise that the folders have changed?

I just found another issue:

When I try to "Upload and Import EP File", the screen refreshes, but I don't get anything. No error or success message. There is nothing in the database.

Per the manual, I tried downloading a complete EP file and without even opening it, I tried to upload. Same results.

It can't be a size issue, as there are only three products in the store right now.

Any ideas?

I'm sure they are related. you didn't include your MySQL version or whether your PHP globals are turned on or off. If your globals are off, you'll have to find another solution until myself or someone else can offer a version that fixes that issue.

Also, instruction states:

Open your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file and set DOCUMENT_ROOT TO $DOCUMENT_ROOT DO THIS!!

I now have the following error on admin/file_manager.php (not that I use this but I don't like errors just in case they are duplicated elsewhere I haven't found yet):

Warning: dir(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/**/public_html/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/**/public_html/admin/file_manager.php on line 179

Presumably I need to change something in admin/file_manager.php so it is happy with $DOCUMENT_ROOT instead of DOCUMENT_ROOT do I?

please ignore that instruction. If you config file was setup correctly from the beginning, it is fine for this contribution. you just need to make sure what you have set there works with what is set for the temp directory in the easypopulate.php file setttings.

Hi Todd,

Have uncommented as per below:

$filelayout = array(
		 'v_products_model'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_products_price'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_products_quantity'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_customer_price_1'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_customer_group_id_1'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_customer_price_2'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_customer_group_id_2'		=> $iii++,
		 #'v_customer_price_3'		=> $iii++,
		 #'v_customer_group_id_3'		=> $iii++,
		 #'v_customer_price_4'		=> $iii++,
		 #'v_customer_group_id_4'		=> $iii++,
			 );

and uncommented all the SPPC code starting:

// this is for the separate price per customer module
	 if (isset($filelayout['v_customer_price_1'])){
		 $sql2 = "SELECT
				 customers_group_price,
				 customers_group_id
			 FROM
				 ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS."
			 WHERE
			 products_id = " . $row['v_products_id'] . "
			 ORDER BY
			 customers_group_id"
		;

I can't find anything else that references SPPC.

Downloaded the prices/quantity file but there are no SPPC columns included. Added name/description columns plus v_customer_price_N and v_customer_price_group_N manually and did the upload and the details insert OK into the retail group (0) but not into the trade (Group 1). Queried the product_groups table and the entries have not inserted into the table.

Also tried using a Complete file and inserted v_customer_price_N and v_customer_price_group_N manually before v_manufacturers_name, same results as above, group 0 is fine but no entry into group 1.

Have I missed some code to uncomment somewhere?

I'm sorry Kayti, I don't have any other suggestions for you on this at the moment. I've never used it, don't know if it's complete or even works with the latest version of SPPC. My goal is to build a base code that works for everyone.

hey, Ive just downloaded a 'Complete .txt file to edit' and added another product at the end of the long list. I then went to the admin section found the file and tried to upload it and clicked 'Insert into db'

Then i got all these errors... Whats wrong?!

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar29-2008.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpP4IDkE' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar29-2008.txt' in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpP4IDkE
User filename: EP2007Mar29-2008.txt
Size: 143

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/public_html/temp/EP2007Mar29-2008.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

you probably need to undo the change you made to your admin/configure.php file. I'm sure it will work as it was originally. the temp directory in your easypopulate.php file should be set to:

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . 'temp/'

of this

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/temp/'

depending on whether your DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT define in your configure.php file ends with a slash.

I have my store in the root.

I have '/temp/' in my easy populate admin file.

Is this correct?

I can upload db to my dev store on the same server (/shop_dev/temp/) no worries but the same db I can't upload to my live shop.

I used to have the shop in 'shop' and admin easy populate.php used to have /shop/temp/

which is where EP is still trying to put the info.

How do I refresh EP to realise that the folders have changed?

sorry, I'm confused. one more time for everyone. hope this helps.

ignore the directions to change the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT define in your configure.php

it can look like this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

or it can look like this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

if you created your temp folder in the root of your shop, your temp folder setting in easypopulate.php should look like this:

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "temp/";

and of course, don't forget to set your permissions.

Edited by surfalot

EP is working great...for the most part:)

Couple of issues...

Have a look at the site. You will notice 4 "ghost" products. I cannot find these via the admin panel and was hoping to find them when I downloaded an EP csv....

When I download model/price/qty csv to edit, it is blank.

When I download the complete csv to edit I get

EP-problem.gif

I am using EP v2 76d MS2

General server information:

Operating system Linux

Service Status Click to View

Kernel version 2.6.17.11-grsechg

Machine Type i686

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PERL version 5.8.7

Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl

Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

Installed Perl Modules Click to View

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

cPanel Build 10.9.0-RELEASE 7965

Theme cPanel X v2.6.0

Documentation Click to View

My easypopulate.php confige looks like this:

<?php
/*
 $Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.76d 2006/10/16 22:50:52 surfalot Exp $

Designed for osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Current EP Version
$curver = '2.76d-MS2';

require('includes/application_top.php');
require('includes/database_tables.php');

//
//*******************************
// C O N F I G U R A T I O N
// V A R I A B L E S

// **** Temp directory ****
// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.
//
// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

//**** File Splitting Configuration ****
// we attempt to set the timeout limit longer for this script to avoid having to split the files
// NOTE:  If your server is running in safe mode, this setting cannot override the timeout set in php.ini
// uncomment this if you are not on a safe mode server and you are getting timeouts
// set_time_limit(330);

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.
// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger
global $maxrecs;
$maxrecs = 300; // default, seems to work for most people.  Reduce if you hit timeouts
//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

//**** Image Defaulting ****
global $default_images, $default_image_manufacturer, $default_image_product, $default_image_category;

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif
//$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image_manufacturer.gif';
//$default_image_product = 'no_image_product.gif';
//$default_image_category = 'no_image_category.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing
$default_image_manufacturer = '';
$default_image_product = '';
$default_image_category = '';

//**** Status Field Setting ****
// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system
// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!
// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.
global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;
$active = 'Active';
$inactive = 'Inactive';
//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet
$zero_qty_inactive = true;

//**** Size of products_model in products table ****
// set this to the size of your model number field in the db.  We check to make sure all models are no longer than this value.
// this prevents the database from getting fubared.  Just making this number bigger won't help your database!  They must match!
global $modelsize;
$modelsize = 5;

//**** Price includes tax? ****
// Set the v_price_with_tax to
// 0 if you want the price without the tax included
// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.
global $price_with_tax;
$price_with_tax =false;

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****
// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off
// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters
// set to 0 = no quote replacement
global $replace_quotes;
$replace_quotes = false;

// **** Field Separator ****
// change this if you can't use the default of tabs
// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs
// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!
global $separator;
$separator = "\t"; // tab is default
//$separator = ","; // comma
//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon
//$separator = "~"; // tilde
//$separator = "-"; // dash
//$separator = "*"; // splat

// *** Excel safe output ***
// this setting will supersede the previous $separator setting and create a file
// that excel will import without spanning cells from embedded commas.
global $excel_safe_output;
$excel_safe_output = true; // default is: false
if ($excel_safe_output == true) { $separator = ","; }

// *** Preserve Tabs, Carriage returns and Line feeds ***
// this setting will preserve the special chars that can cause problems in 
// a text based output. When used with $excel_safe_output, it will safely
// preserve these elements in the export and import.
global $preserve_tabs_cr_lf;
$preserve_tabs_cr_lf = false; // default is: false

// **** Max Category Levels ****
// change this if you need more or fewer categories
global $max_categories;
$max_categories = 3; // 7 is default

// VJ product attributes begin
// **** Product Attributes ****
// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes
global $products_with_attributes;
$products_with_attributes = false; 

// change this to true, if you use QTYpro and want to set attributes stock with EP.
global $products_attributes_stock;
$products_attributes_stock = false; 

// change this if you want to download selected product options
// this might be handy, if you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns (which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle)
global $attribute_options_select;
//$attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'Model'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options
// VJ product attributes end

// *** Show settings on EP page ***
global $show_ep_settings;
$show_ep_settings = false; // default is: false

// ****************************************
// Froogle configuration variables
// -- YOU MUST CONFIGURE THIS!  IT WON'T WORK OUT OF THE BOX!

// **** Froogle product info page path ****
// We can't use the tep functions to create the link, because the links will point to the admin, since that's where we're at.
// So put the entire path to your product_info.php page here
global $froogle_product_info_path;
$froogle_product_info_path = "http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/product_info.php";

// **** Froogle product image path ****
// Set this to the path to your images directory
global $froogle_image_path;
$froogle_image_path = "http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/images/";

// **** Froogle - search engine friendly setting
// if your store has SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY URLS set, then turn this to true
// I did it this way because I'm having trouble with the code seeing the constants
// that are defined in other places.
global $froogle_SEF_urls;
$froogle_SEF_urls = false;

// End Froogle configuration variables

// E N D
// C O N F I G U R A T I O N
// V A R I A B L E S

And I am using the 2000 version of MS excel.

Please Advise.

-Dano

edit: how should I be formatting things?

Edited by dealindano

I'm sorry Kayti, I don't have any other suggestions for you on this at the moment. I've never used it, don't know if it's complete or even works with the latest version of SPPC. My goal is to build a base code that works for everyone.

Thanks for getting back to me Todd.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to hear about updates and compatibility with SPPC; it would be very much appreciated if you get it working. If I do manage to get anywhere myself I'll post it up here for your feedback.

Cheers

Kayti

sorry, I'm confused. one more time for everyone. hope this helps.

ignore the directions to change the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT define in your configure.php

it can look like this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

or it can look like this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

if you created your temp folder in the root of your shop, your temp folder setting in easypopulate.php should look like this:

and of course, don't forget to set your permissions.

Sorry Todd, it's been awhile since I looked into OSC code.

I'm not sure what the problem is with my shop using Easy Populate

When I had it at http://www.makepeace.org.au/shop/ - EP worked fine.

My test store at http://www.makepeace.org.au/shop_dev/ - still works fine.

Now that I've moved the live store to the root I can't upload my excel files to the shop (same file works fine in test store though)

I changed the temp directory in admin/easypopulate.php to what it should be ('/temp/')

But when I try and import the database Oscommerce is still looking for the temp files at /shop/temp/

How do I get it to see the new temp file?

Here is a screenshot of my EP screen:

Those bits should just say temp not shop/temp/

ep.png

you probably need to undo the change you made to your admin/configure.php file. I'm sure it will work as it was originally. the temp directory in your easypopulate.php file should be set to:

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . 'temp/'

of this

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/temp/'

depending on whether your DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT define in your configure.php file ends with a slash.

thans for your reply surfalot, although it still doesnt work :blink:

I realised that i actually have the structure 'public_html/' and then everything is in there. It says it is looking for 'home/discoun/public_html/' maybe this si why it is not working? is there a way to change this? i know nothing about programming, this is just something i spotted, what do you think?

If i try to upload a EP file i now get this error message:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(public_html/temp/EP2007Mar31-1604.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpXhK2AC' to 'public_html/temp/EP2007Mar31-1604.txt' in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpXhK2AC
User filename: EP2007Mar31-1604.txt
Size: 531343

Warning: file(public_html/temp/EP2007Mar31-1604.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

and I can download a "Download Complete .txt file to edit" fine, although if i try to "Create Complete .txt file in temp dir" i get this error message:

Warning: fopen(public_html/temp/EP2007Mar31-1604.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 678

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680
You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: public_html/temp/EPEP2007Mar31-1604.txt

thanks, i look forward to youyr reply :thumbsup:

EDIT: by the way, i went to 'public_html/admin/includes/configure.php' and changed

define('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'home/discoun/public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

to

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

I took out the $ as you didnt include it in your post, although in easypopulate.php it says

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

Edited by Benjjj6

Have a look at the site. You will notice 4 "ghost" products. I cannot find these via the admin panel and was hoping to find them when I downloaded an EP csv....

if by ghost products, you mean they only show in areas not associated with the categories. then you probably have some products that don't have product-to-category entries in the database.

I would export the shop via phpMyAdmin (most hosts offer it). open the export file in a text editor and search for the product name. Make sure you have the right one and remove the "insert" line it's on, then reimport the file via phpMyAdmin.

if you don't have that available install this contrib

then, open a page on the front end of your shop showing a ghost product. look at the URL for that product:

http://sample.com/product_info.php?products_id=1784

go to your admin, edit any product. In the URL, you will see: pID=xxxx

change the number represented by xxxx to the product_id number you found above.

you should now be editing the ghost product, and have the multi-category contrib showing.

select a category and save it. then go to that category in your admin and you can now delete it.

hope that helps.

When I download model/price/qty csv to edit, it is blank.

And I am using the 2000 version of MS excel

edit: how should I be formatting things?

what country are you in?

the problem is your excel is not using the comma for your CSV separator.

go to your windows control panel. open regional and language options. click on customize. find list separator.

this is what excel will use. you need to use that same character in your easypopulate.php.

find this:

if ($excel_safe_output == true) { $separator = ","; }

change the $separator = "," to reflect what your windows is expecting for the separator.

post 4939 for more info on this.

Edited by surfalot