• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I need to include the attribute for a download file.

I've searched through this thread and others and have seen where others have asked the same thing. Does anyone have a way to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff Wolski

What version of EP are you using? And if you have follow up questions, include: PHP vers (globals on/off), MySQL vers

I installed EP 2.76b-ms2 in a clean test store by following the instruction, but the "esay populate" does not show up in my admin.

Am I missing something here?

yup, go through the directions again. There is a change to some admin files your missed.

somehow i got it to work.

next problem. i uploaded a .txt file to the temp dir thats almost 3mb in size that has complete store data from my other store. when i put the NAME.txt into the "Import EP file from Temp Dir" i get a error "Filename: EP2007Mar24-040422.txt

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2833271 bytes) in /home/SITE/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 850"

what do i do to fix this problem?

Please, please, please, if you are going to ask for help, it is important you provide details about your environment such as PHP vers (whether PHP globals are on/off), MySQL vers, and the EP version you are using. Otherwise, all I can say is go through the docs again.

What is the maximum amount of products for easy Populate, my text sheet is about 25MG should this sheet be split?

that depends on how your host has your host environment established. you should check with your host to find out what the maximum upload size for your PHP environment is. Then you need to find out the length of time the script is allowed to run. then you know the key details that will allow you to configure your host environment, or limit your data, to perform the upload.

Both of those items can be changed by uploading a php.ini to your admin directory if you host allows that.

surf im going to get you that information. im using the latest version of the EP. i figured out that all i need to do from 1 site is just export the categories one at a time and its easier for me that way. then on the new site i can just import the categories i want, instead of doing the entire site. very nice.

Hi,

Tried downloading 1 category and recieve the following error:

1065 - Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Any further ideas?

Many Thanks

D4

TYPO?

L972: snip.. 3 => array( "id" => 'catagory', ..snip

'catagory' to 'category'

a to e

It seems that excel and Microsoft works spreadsheet are not handling my html descriptions.

I copy and paste something like

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<th scope="col"><table width="424" height="228" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <tr>
	<td><strong>Chipset</strong></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td bgcolor="#f6f4f5">GeForce™ 7600 GT</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><strong>Pixels per Clock (peak)</strong></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td bgcolor="#f6f4f5">12</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><strong>Memory Bandwidth</strong></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td bgcolor="#f6f4f5">22.4 GB/Sec</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><strong>RAMDACs</strong></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td bgcolor="#f6f4f5">400 MHz</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><strong>Vertices Per Second</strong></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td bgcolor="#f6f4f5">700</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><strong>Fill Rate</strong></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td bgcolor="#f6f4f5">6.7 Billion pixels/sec</td>
  </tr>
</table>
</th>
 </tr>
</table>

And get nothing.

But if I copy into nopad and backspace,backspace,backspace....all the words into lines, then paste it back to Dreamweaver:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<th scope="col"><strong>Chipset</strong>GeForce™<br7600 GT<strong>Pixels per Clock (peak)</strong>12<strong>Memory Bandwidth</strong>22.4 GB/Sec<strong>RAMDACs</strong>400 MHz<strong>Vertices Per Second</strong>700<strong>Fill Rate</strong>6.7 Billion pixels/sec</th>
 </tr>
</table>

It works fine on upload.

Any tricks to get the html "in line" other than the tedious notepad method I describe above?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

-Dano

Another question:

STS 4.4 has product info pages with some of its own unique placeholders.

For instance,

Regular Price: $regularprice$<----this works

Special Price: $specialprice$<----I would like to utilize this

How would I modify EP and the database to recognize a column like "v_product_price_special" or something like that?

-Dano

What version of EP are you using? And if you have follow up questions, include: PHP vers (globals on/off), MySQL vers

I'm using Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes). PHP version is 4.3.11 with register_globals=on and MySql Databse is 4.0.

Hi Everyone

I just installed Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 with Admin dated 12/02/2007 and i just wanted to know how i can integrate this with Seperate Pricing Per Customer.

Contributions i have installed are:

Seperate Pricing Per Customer

Quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer v1.02 + Update

Any help would be much appreciated

Please note: In the Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 with Admin package there was a contributions folder and i tried the easypopulate_pricebreak.php but then i get this error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_bimage' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_bimage as v_products_bimage, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_price1 as v_products_price1, p.products_price2 as v_products_price2, p.products_price3 as v_products_price3, p.products_price4 as v_products_price4, p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty, p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty, p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty, p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty, p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have a solution as to how to integrate this contribution with Seperate Pricing Per Customer please?

Does anyone have a solution as to how to integrate this contribution with Seperate Pricing Per Customer please?

Hi

I need some instruction on how to integrate this with SPPC too. I have SPPC v415 and SPPC Attributes Module installed. EP installed, the csv file will update the the first pricing category (retail) but not the second (trade). I've uncommented the two groups in the filelayout_array as per the manual instructions:

$filelayout = array(
		'v_products_model'		=> $iii++,
		'v_products_price'		=> $iii++,
		'v_products_quantity'		=> $iii++,
		'v_customer_price_1'		=> $iii++,
		'v_customer_group_id_1'		=> $iii++,
		'v_customer_price_2'		=> $iii++,
		'v_customer_group_id_2'		=> $iii++,
		#'v_customer_price_3'		=> $iii++,
		#'v_customer_group_id_3'		=> $iii++,
		#'v_customer_price_4'		=> $iii++,
		#'v_customer_group_id_4'		=> $iii++,
			);

However there in just no column for the trade category in the csv file.

I get nothing for product attributes either, no columns in the csv file.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Katie

It seems that excel and Microsoft works spreadsheet are not handling my html descriptions.

Mmm, not a lot I can help with without the EP vers, PHP vers (globals on/off), MySQL vers, or anything else that would help me understand your situation >_<

What I can tell you is my version has an excel safe option that should help with that.

TYPO?

L972: snip.. 3 => array( "id" => 'catagory', ..snip

'catagory' to 'category'

a to e

Oh yeah! only one post and you are already helping out. you rock! will be fixed in 2.76e.

Another question:

STS 4.4 has product info pages with some of its own unique placeholders.

For instance,

Regular Price: $regularprice{:content:}lt;----this works

Special Price: $specialprice{:content:}lt;----I would like to utilize this

How would I modify EP and the database to recognize a column like "v_product_price_special" or something like that?

-Dano

I don't know of an EP version that imports specials.

I'm using Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes). PHP version is 4.3.11 with register_globals=on and MySql Databse is 4.0.

Your attributes are not downloading by default with that setup? That is very odd. Check to make sure the setting at the top of the easypopulate.php file (something about attributes) is set to true. With that it *should* be setup to work attributes. Do you have all the standard table names?

Hi

I need some instruction on how to integrate this with SPPC too. I have SPPC v415 and SPPC Attributes Module installed. EP installed, the csv file will update the the first pricing category (retail) but not the second (trade). I've uncommented the two groups in the filelayout_array as per the manual instructions:

$filelayout = array(
		 'v_products_model'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_products_price'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_products_quantity'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_customer_price_1'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_customer_group_id_1'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_customer_price_2'		=> $iii++,
		 'v_customer_group_id_2'		=> $iii++,
		 #'v_customer_price_3'		=> $iii++,
		 #'v_customer_group_id_3'		=> $iii++,
		 #'v_customer_price_4'		=> $iii++,
		 #'v_customer_group_id_4'		=> $iii++,
			 );

However there in just no column for the trade category in the csv file.

I get nothing for product attributes either, no columns in the csv file.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Katie

Only the price/quantity download (quick link) has the SPPC added to it. As long as you have uncommented the rest of th e SPPC code, that should do if for you. Unfortunately there is a bug in 2.76d that will blank out the product name and description if not included, so you will need to download a file with those, then the price/quantity, then copy your SPPC columns to the spreadsheet that has the name/description included also.

Hi Everyone

I just installed Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 with Admin dated 12/02/2007 and i just wanted to know how i can integrate this with Seperate Pricing Per Customer.

Contributions i have installed are:

Seperate Pricing Per Customer

Quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer v1.02 + Update

Any help would be much appreciated

Please note: In the Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 with Admin package there was a contributions folder and i tried the easypopulate_pricebreak.php but then i get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_bimage' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_bimage as v_products_bimage, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_price1 as v_products_price1, p.products_price2 as v_products_price2, p.products_price3 as v_products_price3, p.products_price4 as v_products_price4, p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty, p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty, p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty, p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty, p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

the SPPC code should be in the file, just commented out. You need to find the bits of code and remove the comments. Also look at the previous post.

I have multiple subcategories on my site and I only see options for v_categories_name_1, v_categories_name_2, v_categories_name_3 on my Excel sheet. Is there a way to add more categories than just those three? Thanks for the help.

there is a setting for that in the EP file and I think it is covered in the docs also. I know there is a lot of info there that doesn't make sense in the first reading. please do return to the settings and docs with every problem you have. I think you will be surprised how often just rereading them will help.

there is a setting for that in the EP file and I think it is covered in the docs also. I know there is a lot of info there that doesn't make sense in the first reading. please do return to the settings and docs with every problem you have. I think you will be surprised how often just rereading them will help.

Ok great. I am new to all of this so I am sure I missed it. I am suprised I even got it to work this far with little errors, lol. Thanks a bunch.

How many items can be imported in one upload, I am having trouble importing about 7000 items about 35MB is that a server issue or Easy Populate file size? I am using the lastest Easy Populate version.

I covered some of those issues on post 5554. .... in addition to my comments to brandonnistor above, please do read a little of the forum before posting also. You may be surprised to find someone else just asked that very same question. After all, the real benefit of a public forum is to not have to respond to the same questions hundreds of times. :thumbsup:

I have uncommented the section as per the manual instruction file. This is what it looks like:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$filelayout = array(

'v_products_model' => $iii++,

'v_products_price' => $iii++,

'v_products_quantity' => $iii++,

'v_customer_price_1' => $iii++,

'v_customer_group_id_1' => $iii++,

'v_customer_price_2' => $iii++,

'v_customer_group_id_2' => $iii++,

#'v_customer_price_3' => $iii++,

#'v_customer_group_id_3' => $iii++,

#'v_customer_price_4' => $iii++,

#'v_customer_group_id_4' => $iii++,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also added different pricies as per 2 other groups i have. These new prices or columns are not showing up in Easy Populate at all. Have i done something wrong?

I have been installing my contributions and spending hrs testing all of them after every new install of a contribution and they are both working fine.

Do i need to Activate SPPC in easypopulate.php or somewhere else? If i have missed something please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Mmm, not a lot I can help with without the EP vers, PHP vers (globals on/off), MySQL vers, or anything else that would help me understand your situation >_<

What I can tell you is my version has an excel safe option that should help with that.

EP v276dms2

General server information:

Operating system Linux

Kernel version 2.6.17.11-grsechg

Machine Type i686

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

cPanel Build 10.9.0-RELEASE 7965

Theme cPanel X v2.6.0

The database is only recognizing html from excel and ms works spreadsheet when it is in line. As opposed to something you would copy out of dreamweaver which is vertical. Does that make sense? Is there any way in dreamweaver to format html in one continuous line instead of stacked like normal?

Also I am finding that the "product_names and model_numbers are being cut off. I was using the manufacturer part number as the model number, is this a no no? Should it be something like numbers between 10000-20000?

// set this to the size of your model number field in the db.  We check to make sure all models are no longer than this value.
// this prevents the database from getting fubared.  Just making this number bigger won't help your database!  They must match!
global $modelsize;
$modelsize = 20;

Thoughts?

-dano

Your attributes are not downloading by default with that setup? That is very odd. Check to make sure the setting at the top of the easypopulate.php file (something about attributes) is set to true. With that it *should* be setup to work attributes. Do you have all the standard table names?

I have changed no table names. Just to lcarify, my attributes load fine. The problem that I have is that I need also need to upload an attribute for a download zip file for a few hundered different download products (digital photograpgy backgrounds). I have seen that others have tried to do this, but have not seen any solutions.

Thanks