• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

no your time-out will probably not be fixed with that sql statement, that helps the import.

The osC backup should be good enough, but I would use phpMyAdmin if it was available from your host.

you should have all the model numbers in place before the export-edit-reimport process. don't try to add them in the middle of that process.

Thanks surfalot,

I will keep that in mind about the SQL statement and only run it if I run into upload problems.

I have done a bit more testing and have been able to restore from a database backup successfully. During my testing, I was trying to add the model numbers to these existing products, then uploading via EP. This dupilcates all of the products and sets the new one as "Inactive". It also seems to create what seems to be random categories from my existing subcategories. Weird.

So, in order to get model numbers on these products, I can either go into Admin and add a model number to each one.....

Or, I will backup my database, then assign model numbers to these existing products on the Excel file, then I will delete the categories and products through the Admin, then upload the new EP file to populate and add new products instead of duplicating.

I will post back with the final results.

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

Hi,

I've installed 2.76d MS2 onto my new host and have set it up correctly - the issue i am having is when i choose to download a full file or create a full file in the temp directory the page seems to load for a while and then display's the 'Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Page' error message?

The file will be large with over 2000 products (around 1mb) but seems to work fine with my old host?

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

many thanks

d4

Thanks, I will give it a go. Since my hosting sever is windows :blush: I will ask them how to do this?

Cheers

Wayne

Hi All,

I have moved to a linux server and EP works there. I am not sure what the issue was on Winows. Thanks to all that offered advice.

Cheers

Wawyne

New question:

Now that i found the help necessary to make easypopulate work with php5 with the minor code change listed above (to solve the problem of only one record being inserted into the database at a time), i have a scarier question: has anyone else run into any major problems using easypopulate with attributes (mine were simple entries including at most category information) or any other heavily used contribution with php5?

thanx

m brian ladner

and one more question, and i apologize in advance as i'm guessing there is probably a better forum to ask this in, but does anyone have a visual schematic diagram of the mysql database schema for the standard osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817 database - one showing the relationships between the tables (something like ERwin used to do, but cheaper)? if not, does anyone know of a tool that will do that given the database? if not, any pointers as to where i should be looking?

thanx

m brian ladner

Oh, and I still have this small problem here, but the file manager is fine now:

Warning: fopen(/home/charm3/public_htmlstore/temp/EP2007Feb14-1503.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 678

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680
You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: /home/charm3/public_htmlstore/temp/EPEP2007Feb14-1503.txt

looks like the temp dir config at the top of your EP file is not right.

should be set to:

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/store/temp/";

and one more question, and i apologize in advance as i'm guessing there is probably a better forum to ask this in, but does anyone have a visual schematic diagram of the mysql database schema for the standard osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817 database - one showing the relationships between the tables (something like ERwin used to do, but cheaper)? if not, does anyone know of a tool that will do that given the database? if not, any pointers as to where i should be looking?

thanx

m brian ladner

you will notice one distinct characteristic of the osCommerce database. All fields with a relationship are always named the same in all tables that use that field name. With that info, it should be easy to pick-out the relationships.

for example the field products_id in the products_description table is the referencial link to the products table field products_id.

hope that helps.

Hi,

I've installed 2.76d MS2 onto my new host and have set it up correctly - the issue i am having is when i choose to download a full file or create a full file in the temp directory the page seems to load for a while and then display's the 'Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Page' error message?

The file will be large with over 2000 products (around 1mb) but seems to work fine with my old host?

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

many thanks

d4

well, sorry to say, you are most likely going to chop up the file for this host. If you still have trouble with 100 products, ask again. One thing to check though, is if you host allows register globals with php.

Edited by surfalot

I've looked everywhere in this forum, but can't find anyone with the same problem.

My problem is, nothing happens! I've installed the latest osCommerce version (with the Register Globals Patch Files, since my host has this turned off), with the standard database products. After that I installed 'Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)' by surfalot, and then overwrote the necesarry files with the ones from 'Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) - register globals off' by moosey_jude.

I've edited the necesarry configuration files (I think) so everything should work fine.

Exporting csv files to edit works great. I open the file in excel, use the 'text to columns' option to split the data into columns, make a few minor changes, save the file as a tab delimited text file, and try to import in using easypopulate.

The page just refreshes without anything happening. It doesns't seem to mather what sort of file I try to upload, every file has the same result(even nonsense files as a .jpg for example), the page just reloads without any errors or anything being done.

What am I missing here? :blink:

well, sorry to say, you are most likely going to chop up the file for this host. If you still have trouble with 100 products, ask again. One thing to check though, is if you host allows register globals with php.

Hi,

I'm not having trouble uploading the products as I haven't got to that stage yet.

I'm having trouble downloading the existing products from the database via easypopulate so i don't think there is a way to chop this into smaller quantites?

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks

D4

using Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2, and importing a file, i import and the items appear on the page under a manufacturer, but i dont see them in the catalog when trying to edit categories and products. anyone else ever see this behavior before?

I've looked everywhere in this forum, but can't find anyone with the same problem.

My problem is, nothing happens! I've installed the latest osCommerce version (with the Register Globals Patch Files, since my host has this turned off), with the standard database products. After that I installed 'Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)' by surfalot, and then overwrote the necesarry files with the ones from 'Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) - register globals off' by moosey_jude.

I've edited the necesarry configuration files (I think) so everything should work fine.

Exporting csv files to edit works great. I open the file in excel, use the 'text to columns' option to split the data into columns, make a few minor changes, save the file as a tab delimited text file, and try to import in using easypopulate.

The page just refreshes without anything happening. It doesns't seem to mather what sort of file I try to upload, every file has the same result(even nonsense files as a .jpg for example), the page just reloads without any errors or anything being done.

What am I missing here? :blink:

if you downloaded a (dot)csv file, then you must save into a DOS CSV file type from excel. Then import.

If you download a (dot)txt file, then saving as a tab delimited would be correct.

if the problem continues it may be that the register globals issue was not completely corrected by the newer upload. I am working on a newer version. No ETA, just have to be patient

Edited by surfalot

Hi,

I'm not having trouble uploading the products as I haven't got to that stage yet.

I'm having trouble downloading the existing products from the database via easypopulate so i don't think there is a way to chop this into smaller quantites?

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks

D4

you can't export? what are the symptoms?

using Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2, and importing a file, i import and the items appear on the page under a manufacturer, but i dont see them in the catalog when trying to edit categories and products. anyone else ever see this behavior before?

are you asigning a unique model number to each product in the first column? Have you specified the categories in the correct columns of the import file? post a link to a download of the import you are trying if you want me to take a look.

Hi,

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks

D4

sorry, had to reread. Do you see the download on-the-fly option with the category and manufacturer filter? It's a bordered box above the list of quick links for downloading. (v2.76d) Use that to download sub-sets of products. download on the fly should do it.

if you downloaded a (dot)csv file, then you must save into a DOS CSV file type from excel. Then import.

If you download a (dot)txt file, then saving as a tab delimited would be correct.

if the problem continues it may be that the register globals issue was not completely corrected by the newer upload. I am working on a newer version. No ETA, just have to be patient

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried importing different files, including tab delimited txt files as dos csv files, all with the same effect. You also mention downloading a (dot)txt file, how do I do that?

I think indeed that there may be something wrong with the register globals off version, I'll be patient and look out for any updates. Thanks!

HI there. Ive had SPPC and Hide Products installed with Easy Populate for some time. The paid support I have been trying to use are just &*%&^ hopeless so trying to get back into tackling this one myself. I got the module working OK but am a little unclear about the contents of the v_customer_group_id_0 v_products_price_0 pairs.

If group 0 is retail and 1 is wholesale does my file look something like this

v_customer_group_id_0 v_products_price_0 v_customer_group_id_0 v_products_price_0

retail $50.00 wholesale $25.00

Do i need to populate _group_id_0 for each row?

I appreciate if someone has a file I can look at to implement. Im sure there are more questions to follow.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried importing different files, including tab delimited txt files as dos csv files, all with the same effect. You also mention downloading a (dot)txt file, how do I do that?

I think indeed that there may be something wrong with the register globals off version, I'll be patient and look out for any updates. Thanks!

if you have the excel safe set to false, the files will download with the specific separator specified and with a (dot)txt extension.

HI there. Ive had SPPC and Hide Products installed with Easy Populate for some time. The paid support I have been trying to use are just &*%&^ hopeless so trying to get back into tackling this one myself. I got the module working OK but am a little unclear about the contents of the v_customer_group_id_0 v_products_price_0 pairs.

If group 0 is retail and 1 is wholesale does my file look something like this

v_customer_group_id_0 v_products_price_0 v_customer_group_id_0 v_products_price_0

Do i need to populate _group_id_0 for each row?

I appreciate if someone has a file I can look at to implement. Im sure there are more questions to follow.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry, I have not worked with that contribution. the help in the EP docs are:

... If you have turned on support for the Multiple Prices per Product, you'll see these fields here:

'v_customer_price_N'

'v_customer_group_id_N'

... Note: these must appear in pairs!! You cannot logically have a price without an ID to apply it to.

... End of Multiple Prices per Product fields

I would suggest starting with an export and taking a look at the format. You first need to know what the ID# for the groups are that you have created. (look at the export)

I suspect it will be something like this. (note the second group id and price id numbers)

v_customer_group_id_0 v_products_price_0 v_customer_group_id_1 v_products_price_1

hope that helps

Would anyone have a clue as to why when i try to create an export text file, nothing happens? No file is created. I have been through the configuration over and over and cannot figure out what the problem could be.

Thanks...

Anyone have a guess?

looks like the temp dir config at the top of your EP file is not right.

should be set to:

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/store/temp/";

Thank you, surfalot. It now says:

"You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: /home/charm3/public_html/store/temp/EPEP2007Feb21-1010.txt"

I then download the file from that folder. I will read to figure out where to go from there.

Anyone have a guess?

I think you are in the "nothing-happens" group, see post 5289.

Easy Populate version?

PHP version? (register globals ? on/off)

MySQL version?

any info you can provide would help greatly. :)