• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi everyone,

I installed EP on my test store, and although I had a few glitches, with some help here, I was successful. Well, today is the day that I am installing on an exisiting store with over 900 products already added by hand. These products did not include a model number or name. I have included a model number on some test products in order to avoid trouble with EP, and as suggested in the manual, I plan to add product numbers to all the empty ones before uploading an updated file. I'm looking for some advice and help on something before I edit and try to upload the changed text file. If someone here can help, that would be most appreciated.

Here's what I've done...

The install went fine. When I run EP from the Admin area with the settings as "Create then Download" and "Complete", runs for about a minute, then prompts me to download the easypopulate.php file. I had run into this before, but I've searched previous posts and the forums and cannot find a definitive answer. I am assuming that this has to do with the server timing out. I hae read about running the extra SQL command for large databases, but haven't done this yet.

Then I tried the download settings as "Download on the Fly" and "Create in Temp Dir" using "Complete" and these methods both worked. I opened the file in Excel and it seems that all 900+ products are listed correctly, although most do not contain the model name/number as described earlier.

My questions are...

1. Does the "download easypolulate.php" issue exist because of the server timeout, and will this be fixed by using the existing SQL statement method in the instructions?

2. I have used the "Backup Database" function in the Admin area so when I do upload an edited EP file I will be able to restore my database back to original in case I get something wrong and lose products. Am I correct in thinking that this will be a fail-safe method in case the worst happens?

I am realy nervous about this because we've been working on setting up this store for over two months, but I had just recently realized the benefit of the Easy Populate contribution, so I just want to be double sure that I (and the store owners) won't be shedding tears soon;)

Any advice and answers are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this:)

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Adam

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

Some additional information to the above post...

As stated above, I was able to download the EP file using two of three of the download options. After going through the file while opened in Excel, I noticed that only 2 of the 10 catergories and only a couple of the many sub-categories have downloaded into the file. I checked my database in phpMyAdmin and can confirm that the missing categories and sub-categories are in the database still.

Maybe this is related to the possible server time-out issue???

I will wait to see what advice can be offered regarding this post and the above, and will keep investigating/learning;)

Adam

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

that should be correct. there is an EP setting that displays all the settings on the EP main-page. the full temp directory should be listed at the top. make sure that directory is correct, exists, and is set to 777 permissions. (use your ftp/dev software/ask your host)

Thanks, I will give it a go. Since my hosting sever is windows :blush: I will ask them how to do this?

Cheers

Wayne

Some additional information to the above post...

As stated above, I was able to download the EP file using two of three of the download options. After going through the file while opened in Excel, I noticed that only 2 of the 10 catergories and only a couple of the many sub-categories have downloaded into the file. I checked my database in phpMyAdmin and can confirm that the missing categories and sub-categories are in the database still.

Maybe this is related to the possible server time-out issue???

I will wait to see what advice can be offered regarding this post and the above, and will keep investigating/learning;)

Adam

After further testing with different download settings, and easypopulate.php settings changes. It appears that all of the products are listed, but the information from 2 out of the 10 categories and subcategories is filling the fields for ALL products, even if the products are in different categories.

For example, as stated above, I have over 900 products. When I am able to successfully download an EP file, the Category and Subcategory fields are being filled with the category names of only 2 of the 10 actual categories I have products in. Am I explaining this so it makes sense?

Can someone please offer any advice on why this may be happening? I still have not run the SQL statement suggested in the instructions because I don't know what effect (if any) this would have on this issue.

Adam

After further testing with different download settings, and easypopulate.php settings changes. It appears that all of the products are listed, but the information from 2 out of the 10 categories and subcategories is filling the fields for ALL products, even if the products are in different categories.

For example, as stated above, I have over 900 products. When I am able to successfully download an EP file, the Category and Subcategory fields are being filled with the category names of only 2 of the 10 actual categories I have products in. Am I explaining this so it makes sense?

Can someone please offer any advice on why this may be happening? I still have not run the SQL statement suggested in the instructions because I don't know what effect (if any) this would have on this issue.

Adam

...still more info...

I have created a new category, put new product in, and also created new subcategory under this. Ran EP, opened file, and the category and subcategory names are exactly where they should be. Hmmmmm....I'll post back if I get further info.....

...still more info...

I have created a new category, put new product in, and also created new subcategory under this. Ran EP, opened file, and the category and subcategory names are exactly where they should be. Hmmmmm....I'll post back if I get further info.....

I'm so embarrassed, please ignore the posts about the categories not showing. It appears that the store owner has created 10 categories with subcategories, but ONLY 2 of those categories actually contain products. All 900+ products are under only 2 categories. That's why they weren't showing when the EP file was downloaded and opened.

I'm really sorry for all the posts concerning this, they did help me walk through and find out what was going on. Hopefully this will help others.

I'm still experiementing with the "easypopulate.php" wanting to download on "complete then download" issue.

Hi everyone,

I've installed EP and it works fine, but get an erorr:

34WinFast PX7300 GT TDH Extreme 128... ERROR! - Too many characters in the model number.

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 25

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

I have to inform you that I've checked in the DB and saw that the product_model length is set to 50.

I don't know what should I do to solve this.

Hi everyone,

I've installed EP and it works fine, but get an erorr:

34WinFast PX7300 GT TDH Extreme 128... ERROR! - Too many characters in the model number.

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 25

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

I have to inform you that I've checked in the DB and saw that the product_model length is set to 50.

I don't know what should I do to solve this.

Did you look at the begining of your EP file in the varibales configuration section?

Edited by pixclinic

I appear to be getting this message when I try to make the file:

Warning: fopen(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTstore/temp/EP2007Feb13-1212.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 678

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680
You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTstore/temp/EPEP2007Feb13-1212.txt

My entire store is fine but now I notice that if I go to file manager, I get this:

Warning: dir(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/file_manager.php on line 179
File Manager
DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT 		

I appear to be getting this message when I try to make the file:

Warning: fopen(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTstore/temp/EP2007Feb13-1212.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 678

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679[code][/code]

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680
You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTstore/temp/EPEP2007Feb13-1212.txt

My entire store is fine but now I notice that if I go to file manager, I get this:

Warning: dir(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/file_manager.php on line 179
File Manager
DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT 		

please change your /admin/includes/configure.php back to what it was before installing EP. If you are not sure what that is, just make sure this line in it is just like this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

My questions are...

1. Does the "download easypolulate.php" issue exist because of the server timeout, and will this be fixed by using the existing SQL statement method in the instructions?

2. I have used the "Backup Database" function in the Admin area so when I do upload an edited EP file I will be able to restore my database back to original in case I get something wrong and lose products. Am I correct in thinking that this will be a fail-safe method in case the worst happens?

no your time-out will probably not be fixed with that sql statement, that helps the import.

The osC backup should be good enough, but I would use phpMyAdmin if it was available from your host.

you should have all the model numbers in place before the export-edit-reimport process. don't try to add them in the middle of that process.

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) is FANTASTIC.

I was limping along with an older version that was FUBAR.

Surfalot is the Man!

Special thanks to:

Mossey Jude for the Admin adaptation...the perfect touch.

UGLi's May 6, 2006 recommendation to index the products_model field has really supercharged my 20,000 product catalog.

Issue: Categories with Products & Subcategories create category named "0".

Products in the parent are given a category name "0" instead of being listed with the subcategories.

This has caused the creation of dozens of categories named "0"...which is going to freak out my client.

Wad-I-do wrong?

Sam M. - Seattle

Issue: Categories with Products & Subcategories create category named "0".

False Alarm!

I found it...operator error of course.

I'm using a Excel > Concantinate to take data from one sheet and crank out the EP import file on another sheet.

Forgot to leave it blank if NULL =IF(Enhanced!L531="","",Enhanced!L531)

Sam M. - Seattle

I am hoping someone can help me through what should be a fairly simple problem - just not one i can find by scouring the docs, the forums, and the contributions related to Easy Populate.

I have setup osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817 on a Mac/*nix (Kernel Version 7.9.0) and have it running with no major problems so far. I downloaded and setup EP_v2_76d_MS2, read the documentation, made all the configuration changes, and then created a couple of simple tab-delimited text files to insert into the database and placed them in the /catalog/temp/ directory. The first row/line contained the fieldnames as described in the documentation that came with EP that I needed, followed by an EOREOR. The next three rows contained the values for those fields i wanted inserted into the database. I was very careful to put an EOREOR at the end of each row/line and make sure that v_products_model is unique.

Here is one example (and i made sure that all fields were tab-delimited):

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_products_quantity v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_date_added v_date_avail v_tax_class_id v_status EOREOR

BB001WG BB001WG.gif White Gold Bracelet This is a beautiful white gold bracelet for the one you love. 199.99 0.75 25 Bracelets Womens White Gold 1 1 EOREOR

CC001WG CC001YG.gif Yellow Gold Bracelet This is a beautiful yellow gold bracelet for the one you love. 179.99 0.75 50 Bracelets Womens Yellow Gold 1 1 EOREOR

DD002WG DD002WG.gif Big White Gold Bracelet This is another beautiful white gold bracelet for the one you love. 179.99 0.75 5 Bracelets Womens White Gold 1 1 EOREOR

I then went to the admin tool, chose Easy Populate from the Catalog submenu, and entered the text file's name in the "insert into db" box and clicked "insert into db". Every time I get the following results (no matter which of the three records/products come first - in the row right after the fieldnames) at the top of the Easy Populate admin page:

Filename: testdata.txt

| BB002WG | BB002WG.gi | Big White | This is an | 179.99 | 0.75 | 5 | Bracelets | Womens | White Gold | | | 1 | 1 !New Product!

| CC001WG | DD001WG |

if i went into the text file and swapped the order of the products, i'd get:

Filename: testdata.txt

| CC001WG | CC001YG.gi | Yellow Gol | This is a | 179.99 | 0.75 | 50 | Bracelets | Womens | Yellow Gol | | | 1 | 1 !New Product!

| DD002WG | BB001WG |

so finally, trying to follow some advice from one of the Easy Populate addenda that i found in the contributions section, i downloaded the products in the database (setup by default), deleted all but the column names, and put in two full records using data for every field, whether i needed it or not (german fields, spanish fields, etc).

the input file:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_name_2 v_products_description_2 v_products_url_2 v_products_name_3 v_products_description_3 v_products_url_3 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

AA1YG AA1YG.gif Simple Yellow Gold Ring This is a simple yellow gold ring. http://www.gohere.com Simple Yellow Gold Ring (German) This is a simple yellow gold ring. (German) http://www.gohere.de Simple Yellow Gold Ring (Spanish) This is a simple yellow gold ring (Spanish) http://www.gohere.sp 199.99 0.75 25 Rings Womens Yellow Gold Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

AA1WG AA1WG.gif Simple White Gold Ring This is a simple white gold ring. http://www.gohere.com Simple White Gold Ring (German) This is a simple white gold ring. (German) http://www.gohere.de Simple White Gold Ring (Spanish) This is a simple white gold ring (Spanish) http://www.gohere.sp 199.99 0.75 25 Rings Womens White Gold Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

the results:

Filename: newtestdata.txt

| AA1YG | AA1YG.gif | Simple Yel | This is a | http://www | Simple Yel | This is a | http://www | Simple Yel | This is a | http://www | 199.99 | 0.75 | | | 25 | | Rings | Womens | Yellow Gol | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

| AA1WG AA1 |

the question, why is only the first record being inserted into the db as a "!New Product!", then whatever records follow are cut off after what seems to be the first field (actually, it looks like more than the first field - the first 9 or so characters - in the second example)? and why does it do it no matter which of the records i put first?

any help would be appreciated.

thanx

m brian ladner

brian (dot) ladner (at) gmail (dot) com

the question, why is only the first record being inserted into the db as a "!New Product!", then whatever records follow are cut off after what seems to be the first field (actually, it looks like more than the first field - the first 9 or so characters - in the second example)? and why does it do it no matter which of the records i put first?

Does the "New Product" load properly into the catalog with all the data in the correct fields?

I'm thinking it's a config issue...as it did take me a bit to figure out all the pieces.

The config below works extremely well for me.

Mine: Excel export as > DOS CSV

EP Settings (Admin contribution)

----NAME---VARIABLE----VALUE

EP $tempdir', 'EP_VAR_TEMPDIR', 'temp/'

EP $maxrecs', 'EP_VAR_MAXRECS', 1000

EP $default_image_manufacturer', 'EP_VAR_DEFAULT_IMAGE_MANUFACTURER', ''

EP $default_image_product', 'EP_VAR_DEFAULT_IMAGE_PRODUCT', ''

EP $default_image_category', 'EP_VAR_DEFAULT_IMAGE_CATEGORY', ''

EP $zero_quantity_inactive', 'EP_VAR_ZERO_QUANTITY_INACTIVE', 'false'

EP $modelsize', 'EP_VAR_MODELSIZE', 30

EP $price_with_tax', 'EP_VAR_PRICE_WITH_TAX', 'false'

EP $replace_quotes', 'EP_VAR_REPLACE_QUOTES', 'true'

EP $separator', 'EP_VAR_SEPARATOR', 'comma'

EP $excel_safe_output', 'EP_VAR_EXCEL_SAFE_OUTPUT', 'true'

EP $preserve_tabs_cr_lf', 'EP_VAR_PRESERVE_TABS_CR_LF', 'false'

EP $max_categories', 'EP_VAR_MAX_CATEGORIES', 5

EP $products_with_attributes', 'EP_VAR_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES', 'true'

EP $products_attributes_stock', 'EP_VAR_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK', 'false'

EP $attributes_options_select', 'EP_VAR_ATTRIBUTE_OPTIONS_SELECT', ''

EP $show_ep_settings', 'EP_VAR_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS', 'false'

EP $froogle_products_info_path', 'EP_VAR_FROOGLE_PRODUCT_INFO_PATH', 'http://'

EP $froogle_image_path', 'EP_VAR_FROOGLE_IMAGE_PATH', 'http://'

EP $froogle_sef_urls', 'EP_VAR_FROOGLE_SEF_URLS', 'false'

Edited by netstep

Sam M. - Seattle

any help would be appreciated.

thanx

m brian ladner

brian (dot) ladner (at) gmail (dot) com

First, in the admin panel, under tools, click on Server Info and check to see what version of PHP they are running.

If it's Version 5 (something), search this thread for PHP5. There is a 1 line change that you have to do to import more than the first record.

I spent two weeks banging my head against the wall before someone clued me into this and I thought it might save some wear and tear on your walls.

HTH,

Druid

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

please change your /admin/includes/configure.php back to what it was before installing EP. If you are not sure what that is, just make sure this line in it is just like this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

I love you!!

Are you single?

I mean, thank you so much. :)

Oh, and I still have this small problem here, but the file manager is fine now:

Warning: fopen(/home/charm3/public_htmlstore/temp/EP2007Feb14-1503.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 678

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679

You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: /home/charm3/public_htmlstore/temp/EPEP2007Feb14-1503.txt

Does the "New Product" load properly into the catalog with all the data in the correct fields?

mysterylectric: yes, it does. whatever item i make first in the list gets loaded properly into the various tables needed. then, like i said, if i change what the first item is, again, it loads everything properly into the database - at least as far as i can tell. i'll scour the config settings to see if i can find anything that looks like it might help.

I'm thinking it's a config issue...as it did take me a bit to figure out all the pieces.

The config below works extremely well for me.

Mine: Excel export as > DOS CSV

EP Settings (Admin contribution)

----NAME---VARIABLE----VALUE

EP $tempdir', 'EP_VAR_TEMPDIR', 'temp/'

EP $maxrecs', 'EP_VAR_MAXRECS', 1000

EP $default_image_manufacturer', 'EP_VAR_DEFAULT_IMAGE_MANUFACTURER', ''

EP $default_image_product', 'EP_VAR_DEFAULT_IMAGE_PRODUCT', ''

EP $default_image_category', 'EP_VAR_DEFAULT_IMAGE_CATEGORY', ''

EP $zero_quantity_inactive', 'EP_VAR_ZERO_QUANTITY_INACTIVE', 'false'

EP $modelsize', 'EP_VAR_MODELSIZE', 30

EP $price_with_tax', 'EP_VAR_PRICE_WITH_TAX', 'false'

EP $replace_quotes', 'EP_VAR_REPLACE_QUOTES', 'true'

EP $separator', 'EP_VAR_SEPARATOR', 'comma'

EP $excel_safe_output', 'EP_VAR_EXCEL_SAFE_OUTPUT', 'true'

EP $preserve_tabs_cr_lf', 'EP_VAR_PRESERVE_TABS_CR_LF', 'false'

EP $max_categories', 'EP_VAR_MAX_CATEGORIES', 5

EP $products_with_attributes', 'EP_VAR_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES', 'true'

EP $products_attributes_stock', 'EP_VAR_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK', 'false'

EP $attributes_options_select', 'EP_VAR_ATTRIBUTE_OPTIONS_SELECT', ''

EP $show_ep_settings', 'EP_VAR_SHOW_EP_SETTINGS', 'false'

EP $froogle_products_info_path', 'EP_VAR_FROOGLE_PRODUCT_INFO_PATH', 'http://'

EP $froogle_image_path', 'EP_VAR_FROOGLE_IMAGE_PATH', 'http://'

EP $froogle_sef_urls', 'EP_VAR_FROOGLE_SEF_URLS', 'false'

First, in the admin panel, under tools, click on Server Info and check to see what version of PHP they are running.

If it's Version 5 (something), search this thread for PHP5. There is a 1 line change that you have to do to import more than the first record.

I spent two weeks banging my head against the wall before someone clued me into this and I thought it might save some wear and tear on your walls.

HTH,

Druid

i have a fear you're probably right, and my php4 to php5 conversion skills aren't all that i would hope they would be. any idea on how to refine the search beyond PHP5?

thanx

brian ladner

Hi guys,

First of all many, many, many, thanks to all the wonderful people for making such a great contrib!!

I used the Short Description Mod ( www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3123 ) in my store before finding the godsend that is Easypopulate, so had to find a way to get EP to catch my short descr field and receive and give that data to my store - soo.....after much testing and a migraine (as i am new to the world of OSCommerce and php) i found out how to edit the easypopulate file to get it to work.

I posted it on the Easy Populate & Products Attributes Contribution download - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

It's just so you can use a file comparison tool and do a search on "products_info" and you'll see what to add to your file.

So hopefully this will help out some people that are new like me :blush:

BTW - Surfalot - thanks for all the help u provide :D

i have a fear you're probably right, and my php4 to php5 conversion skills aren't all that i would hope they would be. any idea on how to refine the search beyond PHP5?

thanx

brian ladner

true it seems - i have searched back through this forum and see multiple references to problems using easypopulate with php5. most who could claimed that they backed down to php 4 and it worked fine. I backed down to php 4.4.5 (with apache 2.0.54, mysql 5.x) and ran into new problems. it seems easypopulate worked ONCE, then when i went to look at the catalog, i'd get a blank page, with the following in the apache error_log.

[Thu Feb 15 00:31:47 2007] [notice] child pid 23509 exit signal Bus error (10)

so i built the latest apache (2.2.4), then built php 4.4.5 using its headers/libraries (as well as the same mysql libraries), and ran immediately into

[Thu Feb 15 00:28:44 2007] [notice] Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) PHP/4.4.5 configured -- resuming normal operations

[Thu Feb 15 00:31:47 2007] [notice] child pid 23509 exit signal Bus error (10)

[Thu Feb 15 00:31:48 2007] [notice] child pid 23483 exit signal Bus error (10)

[Thu Feb 15 00:31:49 2007] [notice] child pid 23510 exit signal Bus error (10)

[Thu Feb 15 00:34:19 2007] [notice] child pid 23496 exit signal Bus error (10)

[Thu Feb 15 00:34:20 2007] [notice] child pid 23497 exit signal Bus error (10)

[Thu Feb 15 00:34:22 2007] [notice] child pid 23484 exit signal Bus error (10)

if i'd swap back out libphp5.so for libphp4.so (each having its own php.ini file and binary, of course) and restart, and the /catalog/ and /admin/ sections worked fine, but easy populate wouldn't load more than one record again.

again, i'm doing all this using a mac:

# uname -a

Darwin localhost 7.9.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 PST 2005; root:xnu/xnu-517.12.7.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

does anyone know a combo of apache and php versions that should work for both the oscommerce package AND easypopulate? or does someone have another solution? i can keep trying combos till the cows come home i guess, but i'm sure i'm not the first to run into this problem... i wish i were so unique :rolleyes:

thanx in advance

brian ladner

HTH,

Druid

you nailed it on the head, which i did again and again as it sounds like you did a while back. i searched through pages and pages of search results on "+easypopulate +php5" and finally found the following:

I decided dig thru the 200+ pages of answers in this thread and I found the answer to my problem listed above. Just to reiterate, here's what choosealogin suggested:

First check to see what version of PHP 5 you are running.

If you're not sure, go to admin > tools > server info ...php version # will be at the top.

I suspect it's PHP5.

IF THAT IS THE CASE,

In your easypopulate.php file

Find

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

replace with this

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

If it's NOT php5, don't change anything at this point.

Thanks, choosealogin!

thanks to both of you - you turned two weeks of banging my head into a wall into two days - not a bad improvement!!!

brian ladner