• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Sorry John, I know it was my mistake.

I was just dead pleased with meself cos I am a total non-programmer and I actually got this to work :D

Anyway, gonna have a look at where I should replace tab with a semi-colon in the easypopulate.php file.

Also I set the document root in the admin/includes/configure.php to $DOCUMENT_ROOT but it didnt work for me. seems to work fine with the setup that is already there...home/path yada yada yada

Will post back if I have any more problems.

This is just a question, but why on earth does easypopulate default to semicolon when EVERYONE seems to advise excel tab delimited? Why couldn't easypopulate.php default to the \t as a delimiter? It really makes no sense to force people to change it -- it's just one more thing that can go wrong, and apparently from this thread, it often does.

I looked at the 26 July which is complete, it is set to tab delimited.

I guess I had downloaded the Apr 30 2005 version, which looks like the last official version since your contrib is called "Easy Populate with Product Attributes". But then again I have used the array modification, so I'm not sure which version I used!

Wish these contribs were a bit more centralized in the way they are released and named. I often never know which version to download because so many different people seem to upload different versions with different tweaks.

In your version I notice there are 7 easypopulate files -- is it a special customized version for each one corresponding to the other package listed in the name? (e.g. easypopulate_vendoremail.php, easypopulate_pricebreak.php)

Hello all,

I've (I think) successfully installed Easy Populate. Is it right that the upload will only go to the english section of a website? I'm not sure if I have done anything wrong but at present, if I create a category with Easy Populate it can't be seen when browsing the site in german or spanish.

Thanks,

Steve

Ok, I found out (sort of) what happened.  I loaded a sample file where the products had several atributes and values.  How do I make OSC recognize that the attributes are the same.

Example from this file.. Notepads.. they come in 5 sizes and each size has 5 colors of paper and 5 colors of ink.  There are also options for monogram or a small text field at the top of the note.  What happened is that EP created a brand new attribute value and option for each instance.  So, instead of there being one blue which applies to all sizes for paper color, there are 25.  It created a paper color for everysize and every ink color.  It did the same with ink color.

My question now is how do I get EP to see that ink color=blue only needs to be an attribute once?  BTW, these were all contained in drop down boxes and were duplicated.  Example.. When you went to the product to select options it appeared like this

product 213456

ink color - dropdown box

ink color - dropdown box

ink color - dropdown box

ink color - dropdown box

paper color - dropdown box

ink color - dropdown box

price

There was no place to indicate whether you wanted any sort of text applied.

I realize it is most likely a result of how the spreadsheet was created.  I am only using it as an example of how to set up my products and did not create it. 

Oh, and if it makes a difference, but the fields in the spreadsheet were like this

v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1

The thing is, going down the rows, they were all the same.  Like for options_name they all said paper color.

I guess I am trying to find out if this is always going to do this.  Also, when it uploaded, it applied Paper Color as a return address option for one of the default products that comes with OSC.

How do I get it to show Paper Color = White one time instead of several hundred?

Ok, I think I have rambled enough.. Hope this made sense!

Lori

Any help on the above problem?

Thanks

Lori

I've (I think) successfully installed Easy Populate. Is it right that the upload will only go to the english section of  a website? I'm not sure if I have done anything wrong but at present, if I create a category with Easy Populate it can't be seen when browsing the site in german or spanish.

Steve,

I posted a similar question the other day

Hi, I've been trying to find a solution to the multiple language category problem. I've searched the forums, and there are a number of people asking the same question which is basically:

I have a cart set up with multiple languages. Easypopulate works well in uploading the product names, descriptions, etc in the respective languages, but it only seems able to apply the categories to one language. This means if you look at the site in the other languages, your products are not assigned to any of the categories set in the other languages. While you can assign product names, descriptions, etc to multiple languages, the categories_name field doesn't offer this multiple language option.

As I said, a search of the forum brings up a number of questions about this problem, but there don't appear to be any answers - or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated!

And got no useful reply. BUT! I think I've worked out a way around the problem. :D The key seems to be that if you have multiple languages set up on your site, the names of the manufacturers and categories in your excel file will be stored in the database and assigned to the default language your cart is set to. Changing the default language, and uploading the excel file via easy populate once more will not delete the categories and manufacturers you entered the first time. Instead it will store them in the database and assign them to the new default language. All you need to do is make multiple versions of your excel files, changing only the manufacturer/category to the format you require for each language, reset your site's default language, and upload the appropriate excel file. As long as the product data is the same for each file, no data will be lost, and you'll have manufacturers/categories displaying in the correct places.

Hope this works for those who need it!

Ok.. I went into phpmyadmin and then into my database area and deleted the options and values tables.. so all those orphaned attributes are gone..

Now.. how do I keep it from doing it again?

So if I have 20 products that come in White, Red, Fushia etc I want only one value for white not 20. Same as if they all came in small, med, large.. I want one value/option to represent small, not 20 of them

When setting up my spreadsheet, how do I get it to see it as one option?

thanks

Lori

Hi.

I uninstalled and started over and I'm still getting this message when I click file manager

Warning: dir($DOCUMENT_ROOT): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/xxx/admin/file_manager.php on line 179
File Manager
$DOCUMENT_ROOT

and this when I try to upload

Warning: move_uploaded_file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/xxx/temp/atdatebase.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpIMKKTP' to '$DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/content/s/i/m/simplyclesha/html/temp/atdatebase.txt' in /home/xxx/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpIMKKTP
User filename: atdatebase.txt
Size: 89908

Warning: file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/xxx/temp/atdatebase.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxx/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

I checked under Server Info again and it says DOCUMENT_ROOT and the variable is the full path. strangely, when I left the $DOCUMENT_ROOT out and the orginal path in, I was able to upload a few catagories and items to my catalog. How can I fix this?

Edited by simplyclesha

Thanks!

Clesha

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I've tried searches with multiple keywords and couldn't find it. Is there a quick tutorial on how and where to add new fields to EasyPopulate? The mods whose fields I'm specifically looking to add are:

- attribute with individual product weight

- attribute actual proce (instead of +/-)

Thanks!

post your configure.php file here from the admin WITHOUT the database connection info.

Thanks John! My shop is on the root and not the catalog folder. I did make the temp folder change in the ep.php file.

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.simplycleshaaromatics.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.simplycleshaaromatics.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'xxx'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'xxx'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Thanks!

Clesha

easypopulate will recognize these fields if they are programmed in. i use the attribute options contribution

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I've tried searches with multiple keywords and couldn't find it.  Is there a quick tutorial on how and where to add new fields to EasyPopulate?  The mods whose fields I'm specifically looking to add are:

- attribute with individual product weight

- attribute actual proce (instead of +/-)

Thanks!

this:

'$DOCUMENT_ROOT'

to:

$DOCUMENT_ROOT

note this does not have the tick marks

Thanks John. This fixed the problem but I'm getting this error when I try to import from temp or upload. It's uploading only the first few lines of items from the file.

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpKmRJ9g
User filename: atdatebase.txt
Size: 89908
| 27151 | /products/ | Alabastrit | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | the Home | Tranquilit | | | Updated
| 27155 | /products/ | Country Co | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | the Home | Tranquilit | | | Updated
| 27278 | /products/ | Glass Oil | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | the Home | Oil Burner | | | Updated
| 28061 | /products/ | 6-Piece Wo | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | the Home | | | | Updated
| 29549 | /products/ | Scented Ca | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | the Home | Decorative | | | Updated
| 29550 | /products/ | Scented Mo | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | the Home | Decorative | | | Updated
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Candle', '', '' )' at line 10

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url) VALUES ( '33', 1, 'Scented Mother's Candle', '', '' )

Thanks!

Clesha