• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I'm new to EZ.

I get this message at the top of the screen:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpkaqTTP

User filename: MASTER_PRODUCT_LISTA.txt

Size: 99941

It imports the file from the local machine to my UNIX server.

When I go to the catalog to see if it worked, nothing is imported.

I did a txt file create and nothing was downloaded except the category structure from oscommerce.

I uploaded to an empty store.

Thanks for ANY help.

do you have apostrophes in your model #'s? seems if they have them, they duplicate the items.

John, is this problem limited to only the model# or can this happen in the other fields like name and description exc just to clarify I have this problem now but I havnt any apostrophes in model on any product.

only in the product model #'s, is where the problem lies. i had that identical problem. the uploads were duplicating categories, and the products would go there.

one other thing it could be, if you have the same product in multiple categories? without seeing the data, it is tough to know.

I think it might be any field, I have ' in my descriptions

I am running easypopulate version 2.62 in my oscommerce store. I need to define the products_id for all of the products I insert using easypopulate. Instead of having a products_id automatically generated I want to generate my own. I have added the column v_products_id in my excel file and have entered in all of the products_id numbers for each product. I cannot figure out how to make easypopulate use this column and insert products_id into the database based on the numbers I have entered into this column. Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

backto square one,

corel quattro pro 12 carshes when i try to import a tab delimited file.

4 flip sake , you'd expect that a software with the suffix 'PRO' be able to do what it says on the box....

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

reason i asked about your temp directory is this:

/tmp/phpkaqTTP

for quattro pro, yes, i had read that a few years ago, about crashing is why most dont use it.

backto square one,

corel quattro pro 12 carshes when i try to import a tab delimited file.

4 flip sake , you'd expect that a software with the suffix 'PRO' be able to do what it says on the box....

Temporary test shoping cart

<?php

// Current EP Version
$curver = '2.74-MS2';

/*
 $Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.74 2004/05/03 VJ Exp $
*/

//
//*******************************
// C O N F I G U R A T I O N
// V A R I A B L E S

// **** Temp directory ****
// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.
//
$tempdir = "temp/";
// $tempdir2 = "temp/";

//**** File Splitting Configuration ****
// we attempt to set the timeout limit longer for this script to avoid having to split the files
// NOTE:  If your server is running in safe mode, this setting cannot override the timeout set in php.ini
// uncomment this if you are not on a safe mode server and you are getting timeouts
// set_time_limit(330);

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.
// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger
global $maxrecs;
$maxrecs = 300; // default, seems to work for most people.  Reduce if you hit timeouts
//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

//**** Image Defaulting ****
global $default_images, $default_image_manufacturer, $default_image_product, $default_image_category;

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif
//$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image_manufacturer.gif';
//$default_image_product = 'no_image_product.gif';
//$default_image_category = 'no_image_category.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing
$default_image_manufacturer = '';
$default_image_product = '';
$default_image_category = '';

//**** Status Field Setting ****
// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system
// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!
// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.
global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;
$active = 'Active';
$inactive = 'Inactive';
//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet
$zero_qty_inactive = true;

//**** Size of products_model in products table ****
// set this to the size of your model number field in the db.  We check to make sure all models are no longer than this value.
// this prevents the database from getting fubared.  Just making this number bigger won't help your database!  They must match!
global $modelsize;
$modelsize = 12;

//**** Price includes tax? ****
// Set the v_price_with_tax to
// 0 if you want the price without the tax included
// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.
global $price_with_tax;
$price_with_tax =true;

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****
// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off
// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters
// set to 0 = no quote replacement
global $replace_quotes;
$replace_quotes = true;

// **** Field Separator ****
// change this if you can't use the default of tabs
// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs
// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!
global $separator;
$separator = "\t"; // tab is default
//$separator = ","; // comma
//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon
//$separator = "~"; // tilde
//$separator = "-"; // dash
//$separator = "*"; // splat

// **** Max Category Levels ****
// change this if you need more or fewer categories
global $max_categories;
$max_categories = 3; // 7 is default

// VJ product attributes begin
// **** Product Attributes ****
// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes
global $products_with_attributes;
$products_with_attributes = true; 

// change this if you want to download selected product options
// this might be handy, if you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns (which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle)
global $attribute_options_select;
//$attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'Model'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options
// VJ product attributes end

// ****************************************
// Froogle configuration variables
// -- YOU MUST CONFIGURE THIS!  IT WON'T WORK OUT OF THE BOX!

// **** Froogle product info page path ****
// We can't use the tep functions to create the link, because the links will point to the admin, since that's where we're at.
// So put the entire path to your product_info.php page here
global $froogle_product_info_path;
$froogle_product_info_path = "http://www.path to my shop/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php";

// **** Froogle product image path ****
// Set this to the path to your images directory
global $froogle_image_path;
$froogle_image_path = "http://www.path to my shop/oscommerce/catalog/images/";

post the top part of your easypopulate file here, as well as your document root.  do u have a link to your main site?

put these:

$tempdir = "temp/";

// $tempdir2 = "temp/";

both at:

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

Temporary test shoping cart

<?php

// Current EP Version
$curver = '2.74-MS2';

/*
?$Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.74 2004/05/03 VJ Exp $
*/

//
// C O N F I G U R A T I O N
// V A R I A B L E S

// **** Temp directory ****
// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.
//
$tempdir = "temp/";
// $tempdir2 = "temp/";

//**** File Splitting Configuration ****
// we attempt to set the timeout limit longer for this script to avoid having to split the files
// NOTE: ?If your server is running in safe mode, this setting cannot override the timeout set in php.ini
// uncomment this if you are not on a safe mode server and you are getting timeouts
// set_time_limit(330);

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.
// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger
global $maxrecs;
$maxrecs = 300; // default, seems to work for most people. ?Reduce if you hit timeouts
//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

//**** Image Defaulting ****
global $default_images, $default_image_manufacturer, $default_image_product, $default_image_category;

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif
//$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image_manufacturer.gif';
//$default_image_product = 'no_image_product.gif';
//$default_image_category = 'no_image_category.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing
$default_image_manufacturer = '';
$default_image_product = '';
$default_image_category = '';

//**** Status Field Setting ****
// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system
// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!
// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.
global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;
$active = 'Active';
$inactive = 'Inactive';
//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet
$zero_qty_inactive = true;

//**** Size of products_model in products table ****
// set this to the size of your model number field in the db. ?We check to make sure all models are no longer than this value.
// this prevents the database from getting fubared. ?Just making this number bigger won't help your database! ?They must match!
global $modelsize;
$modelsize = 12;

//**** Price includes tax? ****
// Set the v_price_with_tax to
// 0 if you want the price without the tax included
// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.
global $price_with_tax;
$price_with_tax =true;

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****
// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off
// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters
// set to 0 = no quote replacement
global $replace_quotes;
$replace_quotes = true;

// **** Field Separator ****
// change this if you can't use the default of tabs
// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs
// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!
global $separator;
$separator = "\t"; // tab is default
//$separator = ","; // comma
//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon
//$separator = "~"; // tilde
//$separator = "-"; // dash
//$separator = "*"; // splat

// **** Max Category Levels ****
// change this if you need more or fewer categories
global $max_categories;
$max_categories = 3; // 7 is default

// VJ product attributes begin
// **** Product Attributes ****
// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes
global $products_with_attributes;
$products_with_attributes = true; 

// change this if you want to download selected product options
// this might be handy, if you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns (which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle)
global $attribute_options_select;
//$attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'Model'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options
// VJ product attributes end
// Froogle configuration variables
// -- YOU MUST CONFIGURE THIS! ?IT WON'T WORK OUT OF THE BOX!

// **** Froogle product info page path ****
// We can't use the tep functions to create the link, because the links will point to the admin, since that's where we're at.
// So put the entire path to your product_info.php page here
global $froogle_product_info_path;
$froogle_product_info_path = "http://www.path to my shop/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php";

// **** Froogle product image path ****
// Set this to the path to your images directory
global $froogle_image_path;
$froogle_image_path = "http://www.path to my shop/oscommerce/catalog/images/";

F I N A L Y !! whooo hooo

it was actually my fault i had not set the importer right. seem silly that the program crashes instead of throwing an error message but hey, what can u do....?

for future refrance quatro pro works and its a free download(152mb from corel website). when u set it u must go to

open--?file_type ascii.txt click format>> then set the delimiter and go

quattro does away with the eoreor at the end of the row so u need to enter it again

now finaly i can start working on it

thanks for your help

zaxxon

http://www.complete-computer-care.co.uk

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

double check your /catalog/temp directory for file permissions of 777 and again double check the temp files for /catalog/temp in the path, for the tempdir for both lines

Hi John,

I still get this:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpBy4whn
User filename: MASTER_PRODUCT_LISTA.txt
Size: 99941

yes it is, usually it is something overlooked or a server error.

look at your server access log and error log files, to try to determine what is going on with the server when you are trying to upload the file via easy populate. also, you can turn on sql logging in the admin/configuration/logging to see what is happening there too.

All the permissions and paths are correct.  I'm ready to give up.

This is basic stuff.

Mibble you are an OSC-EP Saint. pure and simple .

I am sure i speak for all the people who follow this thread when i say " Thank you" :)

you are really giving great support to the contrib.

i am having problems with special characters like ? © and the like, is there a setting in ep to adjust to that or am i restricted to ASCII ?

i have not had problems with them. are you selecting the symbol from the insert, symbols menu?

Mibble you are an OSC-EP Saint. pure and simple .

I am sure i speak for all the people who follow this thread when i say " Thank you" :)

you are really giving great support to the contrib.

i am having problems with special characters like ? ? and the like, is there a setting in ep to adjust to that or am i restricted to ASCII ?

it will, you need to be in control of your server to make it efficient for you, so you can change the php.ini settings at times.

Question:  Will this support 250,000-500,000 products ? The reason I want to know is that my company sells about that much

Hi,

Please forgive the long post. I am trying to give as much information as you might need based on the previous posts I've read.

I am a newbie user with a pretty clean installation of OScommerce. I added one contribution and it is working (ultrapics with the html editor) after adding that contribution, I tried Easy Populate. I've read as many threads as I can find looking for the same error messages, tried some that didn't help, deleted all files and started over several times.

Oscommerce is uploaded to a "Catalog" file. The temp file inside "Catalog" is named "temp" and the access is 777, my catalog file is 777.

I changed the easypopulate.php temp directory setting to

$tempdir = "temp/";

$tempdir2 = "temp/";

I also tried

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalogtemp/";

I changed the product attributes to "false"

I changed the catagory limit to 20

and I put my domain in the Froogle configuration.

I deleted all demo products in the original catalog, added one new one from the admin panel, downloaded the file, added another new item following the data that was in the original, saved it as tab delimited file (excel is version 2002)

(I've tried uploading both .txt and .xls files)

I get the following note when I try to upload from my hard drive:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpXrWsAP

User filename: test2.xls

Size: 1906

| 1 | MARBLE TOP | Louis XVI | www.auctio | | | | 000001a.jp | | | 000001b.jp | 000001b.jp | | 000001c.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001g.jp | 000001g.jp | 35 | 1 | 70 | | | 9/12/2004 | | Furniture | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

1054 - Unknown column 'products_head_title_tag' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag) VALUES ( '32', 1, 'MARBLE TOP ORMOLU TWO DRAWER CHEST', 'Louis XVI style chest which measures 35 1/2" high x 48" wide x 19" deep. Ornate ormolu and inlay styling. Slight wear and blemishes to finish. Generally good condition.', 'www.auctionsneapolitan.com/catalog/products/000001a.JPG', '', '', '')

After upload, there is no file in my temp directory called phpXnvyOj

The data is unchanged and the new item is not added.

I get this error when I upload using the "tmp" directory

Filename: temp/test2.xls

| 1 | MARBLE TOP | Louis XVI | www.auctio | | | | 000001a.jp | | | 000001b.jp | 000001b.jp | | 000001c.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001g.jp | 000001g.jp | 35 | 1 | 70 | | | 9/12/2004 | | Furniture | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag) VALUES ( '32', 1, 'MARBLE TOP ORMOLU TWO DRAWER CHEST', 'Louis XVI style chest which measures 35 1/2" high x 48" wide x 19" deep. Ornate ormolu and inlay styling. Slight wear and blemishes to finish. Generally good condition.', 'www.auctionsneapolitan.com/catalog/products/000001a.JPG', '', '', '')

I am not at all educated in most of the processes involved here, but did try and change the Data base "logging" options on my configuration panel. I got immediate errors pointing to the Logger.php file line 49

After uploading a file from the hard drive I got the same errors and the following:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpet8eZw

User filename: test2.xls

Size: 1906

Warning: error_log(/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/auctio13/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49

| 1 | MARBLE TOP | Louis XVI | www.auctio | | | | 000001a.jp | | | 000001b.jp | 000001b.jp | | 000001c.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001g.jp | 000001g.jp | 35 | 1 | 70 | | | 9/12/2004 | | Furniture | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active

Warning: error_log(/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/auctio13/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49

Updated

[TEP STOP

(the warning error involving line 49 of the logger.php showed 14 times)

After uploading via the /temp file I got the following

Filename: temp/test2.xls

plus all of the same error messages as above

I checked my server to see if I had any Raw Access Logs and either I don't, or I don't know how to get them. (downloading and opening with WinZip does not yield anything)

Any help in getting this to work would be greatly appreciated. I've reinstalled and checked and double checked, and triple checked everything I can find in the documentations.

Thank you

Dovetails

Edited by dovetails

Please Note: This is a cross-post - I posted to the generic contributions support forum before finding this dedicated thread, so apologies for any confusion ...

Hi there

I'm using EasyPopulate to import approx. 1500 products into an OSCommerce database, and everything is going great except for one thing.

When an item's price is over a certain limit (I'm guessing around $1500), for some reason the price gets converted to a whole dollar value, a thousandth of the actual value (eg. $1500 is converted to $1, $2300 is converted to $2 and so on). It seems to be fine with values over $1000, but less than $1500 though!

Another anomoly is that when EasyPopulate reports on the item prices after after the csv upload, it is actually reporting the correct pricing, even though the prices are being inserted incorrectly into the database.

It seems to have nothing to do with taxes (I have tried it with inclusive tax enabled and disabled).

Has anybody had a similar experience, or is anyone able to point me in a direction that would enable me to solve the problem?

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks,

Shaun