• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick Install Guide

Vger

Man I've been trying for the last several hours to install osc without success, I ve been reading and following the intrsuctions of this post but i can't just get passed the database setup screen .So ive decided to finaly post here like the usual i get this: " There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

Access denied for user 'myname_name'@'box6777.host.com' (using password: YES)"

Please verify the connection parameters and try again.I set up all the folders to 777 and i get a blank page then to 755 and it s working but i still get this error, the both config.php i did set them to 777and i do have a new empty database set up, some help would be nice thanks

Hi, it sounds as though the password you are trying to use is the wrong one. You could be trying to use your server account password instead of the database password which is usually different and is issued by your isp when you initially sign up. If you look at the initial email from your isp with all of your connection details it should show you your account password and a separate one for your database access. If you no longer have this email then just request a copy from your isp.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the reply.Ive tried that and I still get the error.My ISP is BlueHost if that helps

Sorry don't know them. Try logging into your database directly using PHP myadmin and see if you have any trouble logging in that way. If you do then you will know that either the user ID and/or password are incorrect in which case you will have to contact your isp for further details. If you can login ok then make sure that you are using the correct database name during the setup process.

Sorry don't know them. Try logging into your database directly using PHP myadmin and see if you have any trouble logging in that way. If you do then you will know that either the user ID and/or password are incorrect in which case you will have to contact your isp for further details. If you can login ok then make sure that you are using the correct database name during the setup process.

I have solved the problem, thanks for the help, but now I can log into the admin page but I am getting all blank pages on the site.Any suggestions.. Thanks

I have solved the problem, thanks for the help, but now I can log into the admin page but I am getting all blank pages on the site.Any suggestions.. Thanks

Are you getting blank pages in the admin side or what would be the shop side. Which version of oscommerce have you installed?

Are you getting blank pages in the admin side or what would be the shop side. Which version of oscommerce have you installed?

The admin side is working fine , i got version 2.2 it's the website that i get all blanks

This site is really useful and this thread is fantastic - thanks!

BUT...

I'm relatively new to this and am having problems. However, I THINK I understand all the steps I have taken so far, and can't work out why I am having problems. I suspect that it is a very simple stage that I have overlooked.

I have tried to install OSCommerce following the OSC documentation pdf and Vger's quick start up quide.

The webhosting package I have is Windows, not Linux (I had a choice of both and I not sure why I selected Windows - think I misread something - I have asked my host if I can change back to a Linux OS)

I have set up a database and have all the names and paswords ready to use.

I have FTP-ed all the folder structure and files to the root directory. I am familar with FTP (I use FileZilla).

I changed the permissions to 777 when I FTP-ed them. Since then I have learnt from this thread that changing permissions using FTP programmes is ineffective in Windows.

I have gone to my webspace's file manager and tried to change the permissions. I get a selection of tickboxes (for owner, group, user and read, write, exec) which are all ticked. There is no way I can see to add a numeric value to the permissions.

The trouble starts when I reach step 5...

5. Then go to http://www.yourdomain.com/install and begin the install procedure.

If I browse to ...install or ...install/install.php I get an error message...

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

I would be grateful of any help to get me through the next few steps.

Is it because I am using a Windows OS not Linux?

Cheers

Blippie

I have gone to my webspace's file manager and tried to change the permissions. I get a selection of tickboxes (for owner, group, user and read, write, exec) which are all ticked. There is no way I can see to add a numeric value to the permissions.
All ticked would be 777, so they are currently correct. To have 644 permissions, you would turn off exec (all three boxes) and the group and other boxes under write.
HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

What I get from this is that your server does not have PHP installed. It's possible to install PHP on Windows, but it may be simpler to just switch to a Linux host (which will probably already have Linux installed). Your hosting company would be the ones to install PHP, so if they offer a Linux option it may be easier to just get them to switch you.

Always back up before making changes.

The admin side is working fine , i got version 2.2 it's the website that i get all blanks

Can you give me the url of your site so that I can look at it please?

when I install, why this happened? (http://127.0.0.1/oscommerce/install/index.php)

Please help! email me if you could, [email protected]

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION' or `T_VAR' or `'}'' in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\oscommerce\admin\includes\classes\language.php on line 20

I checked, line 20 --23 is :

public function loadIniFile($filename = null, $comment = '#', $language_code = null) {

if ( is_null($language_code) ) {

$language_code = $this->_code;

}

You've posted in the wrong part of the form.

This part is for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.x

The code you posted is for a v3.x version

:huh:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

All ticked would be 777, so they are currently correct. To have 644 permissions, you would turn off exec (all three boxes) and the group and other boxes under write.

What I get from this is that your server does not have PHP installed. It's possible to install PHP on Windows, but it may be simpler to just switch to a Linux host (which will probably already have Linux installed). Your hosting company would be the ones to install PHP, so if they offer a Linux option it may be easier to just get them to switch you.

Matt, thanks for the info and advice.

Cheers

Blippie

Go to http://www.apachefriends.org/en and download XAMPP to your computer. It's a 1-click install, and includes all you need, Apache server, PHP 4 and 5, Open SSL, Mail Server, FileZilla etc.

Once you've done the XAMPP installation then you can use the Quick Install Guide to get your local testing site up and running.

Be aware that XAMPP uses php5 by default, but comes bundled with php4 also. Go to http://localhost and into your XAMPP control panel. Then click on the XAMPP icon to shut down Apache, click on the switch-php.bat link and enter 4 when the terminal window pops up. Then restart Apache using php4.

Vger

Hey Vger,

I went to apachefriends.org and the XAMPP install only show php5, am I looking in the wrong place?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I m new here.. please help me asap.. I m stuck.. :(

First how to enable register_global.

I update .htaccess, i updated all the files where register_global, php.ini is not found on hosting server. Hosting server is Fasthost, I tried almost everything.. but cant resolved.

at last I delete the code of register_global in files and it works... and then i stuck at setp 2..

now tel how can i go further..

Thanks in advance..

When i go through the install and get all the way to the end and i get the install is succefull . And i click the button to go to admin panel i get this error.

1146 - Table 'flowersitedata.sessions' doesn't exist

select value from sessions where sesskey = '8d92288f5e724e8daa35947ee811f0ab' and expiry > '1256133286'

Can anyone help?

M

• 3 weeks later...

Downgrade to php 4+. php5 and osCommerce are not compatible.

Vger

That was posted 4 years ago.

Is that still the same in 2009 - today <_< ?

Support for PHP 4 has been discontinued since 2007-12-31. Please consider upgrading to PHP 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Can anyone help? I am getting the following error at the end of the install. Thanks for any help you can provide me with!

Finished!

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in D:\Hosting\5270441\html\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 116

Warning: fopen(http://www.pursesplusplus.com/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in D:\Hosting\5270441\html\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 116

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Hosting\5270441\html\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 117

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Hosting\5270441\html\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 118

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in D:\Hosting\5270441\html\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 152

Warning: fopen(http://www.pursesplusplus.com/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in D:\Hosting\5270441\html\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 152

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Hosting\5270441\html\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 153

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Hosting\5270441\html\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 154

The installation and configuration was successful!

Archived