• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick Install Guide

Vger

Hello! This is my first time posting and I'm stuck at the very beginning.

The installation won't accept my database info, and I get this error:

"There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

Access denied for user 'xxx'@'%' to database 'xxx'

Please verify the connection parameters and try again."

The first three fields should be all right, if I change them the error changes which leads me to think that it's the database name that's wrong. I've serched the forum and all the posts concerning this and the tips that follow don't help me. The username I've used is the same one I used to create my table and should not be denied access.

I'm probably missing something and my english is a bit rusty but I've really tried to figure it out and I can't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes, if you create a database called 'oscommerce' then that is not the full name of it. The full name may include the domain, for example yourdomain_com_oscommerce

Go to your web hosting control panel and check to see what is the full name of your database.

Vger

Me to have problem with importing or copying database from version 2.2rc2 to 2.2rc2a don t want to lose my stuff and have looked a lot for info on upgrading for these versions but can t find anything.

Please let me know what should be my next step.

Thanks

Hey,

I've uploaded the catalog folder to my server but when I try to run the install all I get it

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application.php');

$page_contents = 'index.php';

require('templates/main_page.php');

?>

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I've tried a search and tried looking through the pages but it's late, there's 104 of them and I'm going to bed :wacko:

That means that you do not have PHP installed.

Vger

Hey,

I've uploaded the catalog folder to my server but when I try to run the install all I get it

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application.php');

$page_contents = 'index.php';

require('templates/main_page.php');

?>

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I've tried a search and tried looking through the pages but it's late, there's 104 of them and I'm going to bed :wacko:

Hi,

I need help desperately..been trying to read all the tutorials and install for 2 days to no avail. Everything is okay till I get to the step 7 and get the following error:

"The following error has occurred:

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

Please perform the following actions:

cd /mnt/w0805/d16/s44/b02e6682/www/hometoolscenter.com/mystore/catalog/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

cd /mnt/w0805/d16/s44/b02e6682/www/hometoolscenter.com/mystore/catalog/admin/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

If chmod 706 does not work, please try chmod 777.

If you are running this installation procedure under a Microsoft Windows environment, try renaming the existing configuration file so a new file can be created."

Did the chmod on the configure.php as above (706,755,777) >> not working...tried changing the configure.php name also not working...:(

btw..I'm using netfirms webhosting ...Any help is greatly appreciated.

Me to have problem with importing or copying database from version 2.2rc2 to 2.2rc2a don t want to lose my stuff and have looked a lot for info on upgrading for these versions but can t find anything.

Please let me know what should be my next step.

Thanks

Any Ideas maybe for me to try.

even if I backup the database and import it to new catalog it dosen t work.

Any help would be great thanks.

I'm sorry but I only deal with questions related to osCommerce 2.2 MS2, and don't deal with questions regarding Release Candidate (RC) versions of osCommerce.

Vger

Ok, so there is no support for the candidate version? Or am I at the wrong place here?

Thanks for the response.

Thanks

PS: what version of oscommerce should I be using Vger?

I set up this thread years ago to offer support for osCommerce 2.2 MS2. The RC versions are now the only versions available for download from here, but as I do not use them I cannot offer people support for them.

You can always open a new thread in the Intallation & Configuration Forum.

Vger

If you were trying to change permissions using FTP then try doing it with the File Manager provided in your web hosting control panel.

Vger

Thanks a lot, I finally managed to get it installed and put my data in. However I have one more problem now after I backup the data and tried to restore it to see how it works. The site outlook on the header part where the language is has changed and I do not know how to fix it. FYI, I only choose english as the only language. Any help is greatly appreciated.

please look below for how it looks before and after restore

before-and-after-restore.jpg

if you don't mind to click on the pic you can see the problem is that the flag and the outline left and right corner of the language header has moved from the original position before restore. I tried to compare the header.php from before and after but it's the same so I'm not sure why the position of the 3 things has changed.

thank you for your reply and help.

just checked the stylesheet.css from before and after and it's the same, but on the catalog folder after restore there's another style.css which is not on the catalog folder before. Could this be the problem?

*Edit: Just deleted the style.css but still no changes ...:(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

How can I change urls for other pages ?

Like contact-us,shopping-cart,login,etc. pages are same as they were earlier, they did not get html-ise after installing seo-urls contribution :huh:

So can anyone help me on that !

Manpower moves wrenches, horsepower moves cars, and the power of the mind moves the world !

Hi

I am new to oscommerce. Have just uploaded all the files but when I go to the url to complete installation I get this message:

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/h/a/n/hansonevy/html/commercetest/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/h/a/n/hansonevy/html/commercetest/index.php on line 13

Is the problem that the admin/includes/configure.php file aren't set to 777? How/where do I set them to 777?

This is probably kind of a newbie question :rolleyes: ... hoping someone will answer

Thanks!

That error appears to be on the shop front and not in the 'admin' folder, unless you have renamed the admin folder to 'commercetest'.

Check both configure.php files to see if data has been written to them by the install, but also check permissions on folders (should be 755 on most systems, but some require 777 which is not recommended for security reasons).

Vger

Thanks, Vger.

I've set all the permissions to 777 now and changed my php configuration to 4 instead of 5 on the server. How do I check if data was written to conifgure.php by the install?

Now getting this message:

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/h/a/n/hansonevy/html/commercetest/index.php on line 13

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/h/a/n/hansonevy/html/commercetest/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/h/a/n/hansonevy/html/commercetest/index.php on line 13

Thanks

How do I check if data was written to conifgure.php by the install?

Well, you look in the configure.php files.

It if says http://localhost or just http:// instead of http://www.yourdomain.com for the http address and if it says:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

instead of giving the actual pathway - then the configure.php files did not get written to by the Install.

Vger

It shows with http://www.mydomain.com

Any more thoughts on what the issue may be? I talked to templatehelp today and they had me reset the server to php5x and MySQL5x. Hasn't made any change, still get the error message.

Thank you for your help figuring this out - I appreciate it.

Archived