• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick Install Guide

Vger

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On installation, i got the following errors.

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 7679 is not allowed to access owned by uid 0 in /www/oxyhost.com/e/m/i/emixx/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /www/oxyhost.com/e/m/i/emixx/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /www/oxyhost.com/e/m/i/emixx/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/oxyhost.com/e/m/i/emixx/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /www/oxyhost.com/e/m/i/emixx/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

How do I solve them?

Thanks.

Ok, I have read so much, my head hurts.

I am having the standard server configuration problem with a bit of a twist.

I have entered, my domain name, localhost and get this error message:

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'www.shackscs.com' (10061)

I am able to log into the database with the same information that I am supplying the server setup page.

And if I put in the IP address provided by phpadmin (**.*.**.***) in, I get the error message:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Please verify the connection parameters and try again.

I see I may have two choices:

Have my hosting company update the version of MySql.

Switch to another database. I have acess to Access SQL and another that I forget.

My hosting company is Go Daddy.

I forgot to mention that I have MySql 4.1 installed.

Ok, I have read so much, my head hurts.

I am having the standard server configuration problem with a bit of a twist.

I have entered, my domain name, localhost and get this error message:

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'www.shackscs.com' (10061)

I am able to log into the database with the same information that I am supplying the server setup page.

And if I put in the IP address provided by phpadmin (**.*.**.***) in, I get the error message:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Please verify the connection parameters and try again.

I see I may have two choices:

Have my hosting company update the version of MySql.

Switch to another database. I have acess to Access SQL and another that I forget.

My hosting company is Go Daddy.

Have you tried localhost in place of the IP address?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Yup.

Still no go.

VGER, I will give your link a shot to see if that helps. I have never used Mysql before so I am not sure what direction to go in if I need to reconfigure something.

I will post my progress.

Thanks

Have you tried localhost in place of the IP address?

I tried the following and got this error message:

Error

SQL query:

SET PASSWORD FOR [email protected] = OLD_PASSWORD(Pleco123)

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Pleco123)' at line 1 `

I don't know MySql so I might need a bit of help with the syntax.

Any takers?

Yup.

Still no go.

VGER, I will give your link a shot to see if that helps. I have never used Mysql before so I am not sure what direction to go in if I need to reconfigure something.

I will post my progress.

Thanks

Hi, I followed the instructions for a clean istall a few minutes ago and everythings works perfect, the only thing is that the Admin Interface looks a little strange... check it

admintk8.th.jpg

Did I made something wrong? :blink:

Thanks for the help :D

Sorry folks, but my broadband connection is down. It's just too painful to reply to posts here with dial-up, so you'll have to talk amongst yourselves until my broadband is back onine.

Vger

Hi, I followed the instructions for a clean istall a few minutes ago and everythings works perfect, the only thing is that the Admin Interface looks a little strange... check it

admintk8.th.jpg

Did I made something wrong? :blink:

Thanks for the help :D

Check apache error log, I found there that problem may be .htaccess in admin/includes/.htaccess . Im not sure if its safe but I try'ed to comment all in there and problem was solved, if some body know something about that please tell us if its safe to do like that, or should we just modify it some how.

Thanks,

Reino Pesonen

I got this up and running with but a few clicks and information.

If you use GoDaddy's install be sure to create a database before hand. The directions do not tell you that.

Check apache error log, I found there that problem may be .htaccess in admin/includes/.htaccess . Im not sure if its safe but I try'ed to comment all in there and problem was solved, if some body know something about that please tell us if its safe to do like that, or should we just modify it some how.

Thanks,

Reino Pesonen

Thanks,

Reino Pesonen

I've got it now! Just add modify AccessFileName in Apache2.conf to look like this:

AccessFileName .htaccess

<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

AllowOverride Limit

</Directory>

That work'd for me.

-reino

Hi

I recently installed the OSCommerce and all worked fine. I have since done some work on the site and populated the database.

No I have noticed that when running the installation, I entered the web url as domain.com instead of www.domain.com....

So now the base URL of my site is domain.com.

I would like to change this to www.domain.com

If I re-run the install to change this URL, does it override all of my work or is there any easier way of fixing this?

any help appreciated!

Thanks

Glenn

Do not reinstall, just edit the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files.

Vger

Hi Vger

Thanks for your reply.

In this file: includes/configure.php

I have edited the following 2 lines:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.ie/catalog'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', 'http://www.mydomain.ie/catalog');

In this file: admin/includes/configure.php

I have edited the following 2 lines:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.ie'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.ie');

This hasn't worked for me... The main site and all links still point to the url without the WWW. Any idea what I have done wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Glenn

When you edit the configure.php files and before you upload those edited files you will probably need to relax permissions on the existing files to allow them to be overwritten by the new files. Otherwise you think you have overwritten the old versions when in actual fact you have not. Afterwards you need to restore the Read Only permissions on the configure.php files.

If you have done this and the files have been changed but it's still not working - then look in both includes/local/ folders to see if there are any alternative configure.php files in the 'local' folders - and if you find any then rename or delete them.

Vger

Dear Vger

I'm new in this site. I would like to install OSCommerce on a Windows Server 2003. I have a hard time understanding this Installation Guide that you posted. I'm not a Programmer or an IT so can you please help me as to how can i install this program in my server.

Please feel free to e - mail me or reply in this forum. Please. Thank you very much

Hey Vger,

I have completed the installation. I am getting no warnings with a colored background but I am getting the following warnings at the top with no colored background:

The screen comes up clean with the two links: Catalog and Administration Tool

When I click on Catalog, I get the following warnings:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1001 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

When I click the Adminstration tool, I get the following warnings:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1001 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 165

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

If these are not issues that would halt my store from working, how do I keep them from coming up. If they are actual problems, how do I fix them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Duplicate post --> http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310683

Hey Vger,

I have completed the installation. I am getting no warnings with a colored background but I am getting the following warnings at the top with no colored background:

The screen comes up clean with the two links: Catalog and Administration Tool

When I click on Catalog, I get the following warnings:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1001 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

When I click the Adminstration tool, I get the following warnings:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1001 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 165

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

If these are not issues that would halt my store from working, how do I keep them from coming up. If they are actual problems, how do I fix them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Archived