• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick Install Guide

Vger

Sometimes when you name a data base 'abc' then the actual name is yourdomain_com_abc. Check the full name of the db in your web hosting control panel.

With some hosting control panels once you have created the db user and password you have to link them to the db - check that also.

Vger

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes when you name a data base 'abc' then the actual name is yourdomain_com_abc. Check the full name of the db in your web hosting control panel.

With some hosting control panels once you have created the db user and password you have to link them to the db - check that also.

Vger

Thanks for your quick response. yes it adds part of the domain to the database name adn to te user name too. I also checked that the user was added to the database. After that I tested with these settings and still showing the same error. Any other sugestion?

Thanks in advance Gon

Vger I found that a _ was missing in one of the parameter on the database. When I linked the user name to the database the first time didn't include the _ and after the secon time I checked, tryied and it worked very good.

I complete the install and everything seems to work ok

Thanks for your help

Gon

i have done this install al is done great i just have one problem... how do i upload my products.. right now it only has a way to upload one by one.

i know theres a easy populate contribute but i dont think it works with the rc2.

You upload one by one - that's the way osCommerce works. I don't know if Easy Popuate works with RC versions.

Vger

Dear Vger,

If I have tried all the tips you have given in the last 3 years and I have still not a proper installation, can you help me to solve the last installation problems? And what it will cost?

My osCommerce site is yesterday installed by my host www.lycos.nl under the name http://energy.tuex.com/

Session Save Path and Safe Mode

-------------------------------

The error is a by-product of using PHP in Safe Mode.

To get around the problem go to your osCommerce Admin Panel -->

Configuration --> Sessions and set Session Save Path to just tmp

with no forward slash before or after tmp. You get this error even if you

have elected to store sessions in the database.

If the error prevents you from accessing your admin panel then

access the database via phpMyAdmin, go to the 'configuration' table,

find the Session Save Directory entry (there are several pages of

entries for this table), open it for editing and change /tmp to

just tmp with no slash before (or after) it.

Vger

Can you give me hits where I can find solutions to get rid of those warning messages?

Can you give me hits where I can find solutions to get rid of those warning messages?

This shop is running on osCommerce version osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

The latest osc would say

This shop is running on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a.

Hi

first of all many thanks to those in the know willing to help us newbies out.

I just did my installation and it went fine but few errors appeared and I am sure they can be easily removed so I can get on with C-u-s-t-o-m-i-z-a-t-i-o-n!!

+if anyone can point out what I need to fix to stop these warnings from showing up, I would really appreciate it.

These are on he top (but I am sure you already knew where they'd show up..)

Warning: main(includes/modules/upcoming_products.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/parturi/public_html/index.php on line 316

Warning: main(includes/modules/upcoming_products.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/parturi/public_html/index.php on line 316

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/upcoming_products.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/parturi/public_html/index.php on line 316

+and these are on the bottom:

Warning: main(includes/modules/new_products.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/parturi/public_html/index.php on line 313

Warning: main(includes/modules/new_products.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/parturi/public_html/index.php on line 313

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/new_products.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/parturi/public_html/index.php on line 313

I am running version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a.

And upon installation I was looking at the very beginning of this thread, and never had the chance to do these things:

"do not enable SSL, elect to store sessions in the database and not files (untick the box), and do not enable persistent connections."

is there away for me to do them manually, or are they no longer needed with my version or what since I never had the option, the installation was smooth as a little pussycat, only contained 4 steps and I am pretty sure I didnt miss those options.. or do I need to re-install?

So any advice there would also be appreciated.

Thanks again

Sami

hi

ok thanks I will try it.

whats the difference? is it worth it using this version or should I download another version?

S

Exactly what error message are you getting?

Vger

I can't seem to get the oscommerce to recognize the mysql extension. How can I accomplish this? :huh:

This will not work if your hosting company includes "admin" into the path for the panel (like ensim). For example, if you would normally go to www.mysite.com/admin to log into your control panel (add/edit email users for example) and you upload all your oscommerce files into the root directory, you'll run into a conflict when you try to use www.mysite.com/admin.

I know because I tried.

Just an fyi.

Also, you'll put your scripts up one level, bad practice for site security.

Just another fyi.

I also just went into the catalogue through the admin panel, and it is still showing the other database....I am not sure if there is something else AI am supposed to do? In the files I edited, there were 2 mentions of the database number, and one mention of the database host address. I changed those to the appropriate addresses, or numbers. have I missed something?

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 1306/1308 is not allowed to access owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /home/template/public_html/lizard-dizajn.com/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/template/public_html/lizard-dizajn.com/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /home/template/public_html/lizard-dizajn.com/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/template/public_html/lizard-dizajn.com/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /home/template/public_html/lizard-dizajn.com/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

WHAT YOU THINK IS IT PROBLEM?

YOU CAN SEE THE LINK:

http://www.lizard-dizajn.com

I have installed OScommerce cart from webhosting company start logic and completed installtion process. but when any customer makes an order the following error message is occured.

DO anyone have an idea on this error

Warning: Division by zero in /hermes/bosweb/web265/b2651/sl.rasge/public_html/wefirst/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 61

Warning: Division by zero in /hermes/bosweb/web265/b2651/sl.rasge/public_html/wefirst/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 62

Hi!

I registered with Hostrocket and in the Control Panel I installed OsCommerce in the public_html folder, like indicated.

After I registered and I did that, I got an email with my website admin page which is: http://storename.com/admin

When I click on it I get a page cannot be displyed message. And I'm guessing that this where I build mywebsite (I'm new to this, first webpage). Do I get this message because of my firewall or it's not activated properly. Any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks in advanced!

It sounds as though it did not install correctly.

I suggest you uninstall the automated install, download the oscommerce.zip file from downloads at www.oscommerce.com, unzip it on your PC and upload the contents of the 'catalog' folder to the root of your website (public_html)

Then set up a blank database via your web hosting control panel, and assign a mysql user and password to it.

For further advice read the Quick Install Guide at the start of this thread.

Vger

I did what you told me to do.

I went to the first page and I put 0755 on everything that was in the catalog folder, than i went to mydomain.com/install... didnt work

I changed EVERYTHING to 0755 and again didnt work

I changed the catalog folder to 777 didnt work the domain

than everything to 777 didnt work

I dont get that page to install I just get a page cannot be displayed, so pretty much I'm back to the same spot as before... I cannot get to www.mydomain.com/install page

Im going to delete everything again and just add whats in the catalog folder

Archived