• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email SMTP server response:554 Relay access denied

flemina

Hi, please can someone help me as I have been trying for ages to get this to work and I don't know what else to do.

When I try to send an email using my web site I get the following error:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 554 Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied.

I have checked all the email addresses when I call the send() function in email.php and they seem valid.

Can someone please Help :'(

When I said "You have to use an e-mail address based on your domain", I meant in your osCommerce control panel - as the address you are sending mail from.

When you said "I tried it with an email address on my domain and it worked OK" then provided you were using an e-mail address based on your domain as the e-mail address in your osCommerce control panel there's nothing to fix - it's working as it should.

Vger

When I said "You have to use an e-mail address based on your domain", I meant in your osCommerce control panel - as the address you are sending mail from.

When you said "I tried it with an email address on my domain and it worked OK" then provided you were using an e-mail address based on your domain as the e-mail address in your osCommerce control panel there's nothing to fix - it's working as it should.

Vger

Sorry I am getting a bit confused :'( . I should start again:

I tried the forgotten password page and I didn't change anything on the control panel I just tried sending an email to an email which was supplied by the hosting company and it worked then I tried my hotmail address and I got the following:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 554 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied in catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 484

Has this got something to do with authentication? Or have I just missed something

Thanks

Possibly :)

You will need to ask your hosting provider if the smtp server requires authentication.

Just one last question :blush:

My hosting provider said that they do not have a smtp server - does this mean I won't be able to send emails?

If so does anyone know of another provider who provides this functionality

Thanks

SMTP is your outgoing e-mail service, and if you have one of those hosts that don't provide such a service then 'yes' you are going to have to look elsewhere. There are only a few hosts who don't provide this service - you were just unlucky!

Vger

• 1 month later...

HI THERE! IM GETTING CRAZY IT THIS .......

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 553 We do not relay non-local mail, sorry. in E:\webroot\Loja\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\webroot\Loja\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:500) in E:\webroot\Loja\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

im runnig oscommerce in my computer LOCALHOST

this is my php.ini :

mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = mx.sapo.pt

smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.

;sendmail_from = [email protected]

My Store

T?tulo Valor Ac??o

Store Name BTT RIDE

Store Owner FILIPE NETO

E-Mail Address [email protected]

E-Mail From ramon<[email protected]>

Country Portugal

Zone

Expected Sort Order desc

Expected Sort Field date_expected

Switch To Default Language Currency true

Send Extra Order Emails To

Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) false

Display Cart After Adding Product true

Allow Guest To Tell A Friend false

Default Search Operator and

Store Address and Phone Store Name Address Country Phone

Show Category Counts true

Tax Decimal Places 0

Display Prices with Tax false

CAN ANNYONE HELP ME PLEASE?? COZ WITH THIS, CREAT ACCOUNT ERROR , OSCOMMERCE SEEMS OBSOLET TO ME!

• 6 months later...
HI THERE! IM GETTING CRAZY IT THIS .......

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 553 We do not relay non-local mail, sorry. in E:\webroot\Loja\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\webroot\Loja\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:500) in E:\webroot\Loja\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

im runnig oscommerce in my computer LOCALHOST

this is my php.ini :

mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = mx.sapo.pt

smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.

My Store

T?tulo Valor Ac??o

Store Name BTT RIDE

Store Owner FILIPE NETO

E-Mail Address [email protected]

E-Mail From ramon<[email protected]>

Country Portugal

Zone

Expected Sort Order desc

Expected Sort Field date_expected

Switch To Default Language Currency true

Send Extra Order Emails To

Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) false

Display Cart After Adding Product true

Allow Guest To Tell A Friend false

Default Search Operator and

Store Address and Phone Store Name Address Country Phone

Show Category Counts true

Tax Decimal Places 0

Display Prices with Tax false

CAN ANNYONE HELP ME PLEASE?? COZ WITH THIS, CREAT ACCOUNT ERROR , OSCOMMERCE SEEMS OBSOLET TO ME!

I have same problem,

when using Mercury.

We do not relay non-local mail, sorry

Look at my original response. The e-mail address must be one which is based on the domain you are using. You cannot send e-mail from osCommerce and try to send it through another email provider - this is called 'relaying' and most email companies don't allow you to relay mail coming from somewhere else through their mailservers.

If you have a local offline install (for testing) then make sure that you have a mail server installed - if you don't have one then check out Post Cast.

Vger

Look at my original response. The e-mail address must be one which is based on the domain you are using. You cannot send e-mail from osCommerce and try to send it through another email provider - this is called 'relaying' and most email companies don't allow you to relay mail coming from somewhere else through their mailservers.

If you have a local offline install (for testing) then make sure that you have a mail server installed - if you don't have one then check out Post Cast.

Vger

well i get this 'relaying' thing even that i have installed Mercury

my php.ini looks likr this

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = localhost

smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.

;sendmail_from = Admin@localhost

i tried to change the ini file to thisfor using my ISP mail

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = mailgw.netvision.net.il

smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.

but it was no good either;

please note that my Outlook setting for my Gmail account using mailgw.netvision.net.il

for outgoing mail server which indicates i can send mail with other reply address than my ISP mail server.

:blink:

Archived