• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product in mulitiple categories

Hello;

There's a mod to allow me to put products in multiple categories, I for the life of me can't find...if someone would shoot me a link much appreciated.

Also if anyone knows could this be considered in anyway spamming or something not favored by search engines if I have a "dogtag necklace" ad that's identical in a couple categories?

ie;

hip-hop-necklaces>>dogtags>>

and;

dog-tag-necklaces>>

So I can have a main category with just dog tags but also same ads in a relevant sub for necklaces?

You guys rock, thanks in advance.

Multiple ads are ok as long as it relates in some way to what a visitor is looking for. If I am looking for a dog tag I don't want to see an ad for a frying pan just because you have a good deal on frying pans.

What you are describing seems to be ok.

Displaying a corvette model under AUTO MODELS and AUTO MODELS>>EXPENSIVE CARS and AUTO MODELS>>SPORTS CARS and AUTO MODELS>>FAST CARS is ok although if you list it under too many headings the visitor will likely realize that you are just displaying the same products over and over and over. Just don't piss off visitors by listing it under something like AUTO MODELS>>MONSTER TRUCKS when it obviously has nothing to do with monster trucks.

You don't need a mod. Just log into your admin, enter the catalog and select an item you want to share. Click 'edit', then 'copy to'. As far as duplicate content as a SE concern, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. It has the same product number under the same domain.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

Archived