• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Idea for a new Contribution but need help !!

I have a site which also advertises its products on Ebay

well i wanted to be able to track all orders within Osc and also do reporting of Ebay sales and associated Fees and then check my profit so far with the addition of a new field per product of Cost Price.

I modified the standard admin/categories.php and the db to add a new field in called Cost Price, so far so good

At present i enter my ebay sales using the excellent step by step manual order contribution.

I had the idea of modifying the Step By Step Manual order contribution edit_orders.php to include a new stage of entering any ebay fees per product of Insertion/Gallery/Final Fee etc or even a collated Ebay Fee if that would be easier and then place that in the db per order, however i have come to a grinding stop as I am new to Osc and php knowledge is fairly mediocre and its very hard going reverse engineering how Osc works :)

Finally I wanted to be able to edit the monthly sales contrib in admin/Reports to be able to parse for ebay related orders and fees and give me such stats as amount of ebay fees paid this month, how much profit made this month etc

Oh and finally i also use someone to do the distribution and logistics for the shop and give them a commission based around the net profit i make so it would be superb if this contribution could do this automatically i.e. i enter in somewhere a commission rate in percent say 5% which gets tucked away in the DB somewhere. And then when the report is initialised it checks all sales from beginning of month, ascertains profit made deducting any Ebay fees on top etc and then works out what the commission would be at the end of the month :)

IS there anyone out there with more Osc experience who would like to assist ?

could be a great addition to the contributions as i know a lot of people sell on ebay and on Osc and merging the two in this manner would be useful

Edited by fuzioneer