Sign in to follow this  
BlueLaredo

Admin_Access-2

I've added the Admin_Access-2 and set up a password for the default account, the Top Administrator. After a minor modification to the database_tables.php (MVS contribution required this), everything appears to work. Logging on with my email address for Top Administrator allows me complete access, as I would expect.

Next I created a new user and assigned that user to a different Group Level. But how do I assign a password to this new user? Of course this new user has a different name and email address. But when creating the new user, I was not given the opportunity to enter a password.

When I view the admin table with phpMyAdmin, a password has already been assigned but of course it is encrypted. What is the solution? I cannot click the Forgot Password link when trying to log on with the new account email address since that email address would not send to me.

I'm hoping this contribution allows me to set up a restricted admin access for one user to allow just review/edit/print/delete of customers and orders yet also log on to the Top Administrator and have full access.

I've added the Admin_Access-2 and set up a password for the default account, the Top Administrator. After a minor modification to the database_tables.php (MVS contribution required this), everything appears to work. Logging on with my email address for Top Administrator allows me complete access, as I would expect.

Next I created a new user and assigned that user to a different Group Level. But how do I assign a password to this new user? Of course this new user has a different name and email address. But when creating the new user, I was not given the opportunity to enter a password.

When I view the admin table with phpMyAdmin, a password has already been assigned but of course it is encrypted. What is the solution? I cannot click the Forgot Password link when trying to log on with the new account email address since that email address would not send to me.

I'm hoping this contribution allows me to set up a restricted admin access for one user to allow just review/edit/print/delete of customers and orders yet also log on to the Top Administrator and have full access.

are you using mvs and Admin-Access on the same site? Are you getting any errors?