• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Problem -

costa

OOPS...never mind. Just figured it out!!!!!

Hi all,

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error message. Any ideas would be helpful

United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Notes:

Using version 2.2MS2 (just downloaded 3 days ago)

I have registered with USPS

My account is set up and in Production mode.

I just talked to the USPS service center and I am communicating with the Production Server

USPS Shipping is Enabled

I have entered the correct user ID

I have entered the correct Password

Production is being used

Edited by costa

What was the solution ?

I signed up the other day as well, entered my UserID & passowrd - but I also recieve the message on first post as well - I do have postal code entered in main ACP section.

:blink:

Edited by vrflyer

I'm having the same problem now to.  I did make sure the postal code was in the configuration....

Thanks,

Damion

By the way, I was just reading over some other posts on the subject, and ran accross something I didn't know.

You have to make sure you have contacted USPS and had them change your account from a test account to a production account. Not sure if you guys have done this, but i have not. So I'm going to try that and see if it works.

I am getting the same error message as the above posts. I have changed everything suggested but when I called to have my account changed with USPS from test to production they have no clue what I'm talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Mandy

I am getting the same error message as the above posts. I have changed everything suggested but when I called to have my account changed with USPS from test to production they have no clue what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Mandy

Do you have a Web tools account or a regular USPS account? The web tools account is completely different than a regular USPS account, and the support for regular USPS accounts knows nothing about web tools.

Check here:

http://www.usps.com/webtools/

If this isn't where you signed up for your account then you probably have the wrong type.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ldygunner

:( I am getting the following error message when I try and use the USPS shipping module, "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

United States Postal Service An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

I have entered the proper shipping zip code. The USPS has provided me with a webtool userid and password which I have entered. I am set to "test" mode. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

OOPS...never mind. Just figured it out!!!!!

Hi all,

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error message. Any ideas would be helpful

United States Postal Service 

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Notes:

Using version 2.2MS2 (just downloaded 3 days ago)

I have registered with USPS

My account is set up and in Production mode.

I just talked to the USPS service center and I am communicating with the Production Server

USPS Shipping is Enabled

I have entered the correct user ID

I have entered the correct Password

Production is being used

What was your fix????

Yes indeed you need to make sure your 5 digit postal code is listed. (Under CONFIGURATION >> SHIPPING/PACKAGING, make sure you have the POSTAL CODE info in there.) I also called the USPS and asked about using the USPS shipping module in osCommerce. The USPS told me that with osCommerce you do not need to use the "test" server first. Once your "web tools account" has been established with the USPS then you have to call 1-800-344-7779 and give them your userid. Once they have that information ask the USPS to grant you access to the "production" server. It takes about 5 minutes to kick in. Make sure all of your information is correct in the modules/shipping modules/usps section and you should be all set to go. I hope this info helps someone.

Are you all using the module that says 'International Shipping (USPS)' in the admin->modules section? Or is this different? I am getting the same error:

I have it set in 'test' mode. I'm going to try production mode after I get my USPS web tools account updated to production.

• 1 month later...

I got it working by following everybodies suggestions. (Calling USPS and having them change my account from testing to production). Now the question is if I place test orders through oscomm will my client's USPS account be charged? Or does this module only calc shipping charges or does it create the order and give it a tracking ID? I guess I should read into it more but im lazy....

Edited by dsteinbach2