• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Price breaks with only one level shows two prices

TomH73

Hi,

I have installed - Quantity Price Breaks (for Separate Pricing Per Customer) and I have a small problem.

Products that only have one Price level (break) show up in the product listing as:

<Product name> ? 12,95 - ? 12,95

and I would like to show only one price if there is only one price break and the prices are the same.

Who has a solution for this problem?

Please help.

Kind Regards,

Tom

I have installed - Quantity Price Breaks (for Separate Pricing Per Customer) and I have a small problem.

Products that only have one Price level (break) show up in the product listing as:

<Product name>    ? 12,95 - ? 12,95

and I would like to show only one price if there is only one price break and the prices are the same.

Who has a solution for this problem?

The simplest solution would be to remove the price break if the prices are the same ;)

I guess you got your reasons for doing this.

I haven't tested this, but if you look for the function getPriceStringShort() (close to the bottom of includes/classes/PriceFormatter.php) you will find:

if($this->hasQuantityPrice == true) {
$lc_text = ' '
  . $currencies->display_price($this->lowPrice,
          tep_get_tax_rate($this->taxClass))
  . ' - '
  . $currencies->display_price($this->hiPrice,
          tep_get_tax_rate($this->taxClass))
  . ' ';
     }

I guess that if you change the first line in that piece of code to:

if($this->hasQuantityPrice == true && ($this->lowPrice != $this->hiPrice) ) {

it wouldn't happen anymore.

Hi,

I still get the same result.

Maybe I am not clear; in the product detail page (product_info.php) everything is fine. It is the product listing where it shows:

<image> <description> ? 1,51 - ? 1,65

<image> <description> ? 1,10 - ? 1,10

instead of:

<image> <description> ? 1,51 - ? 1,65

<image> <description> ? 1,10

This I want to change, but I don't know where (in index.php ? or product_listing.php??)

Please help!

Kind regards,

Tom

I still get the same result.

Maybe I am not clear; in the product detail page (product_info.php) everything is fine. It is the product listing where it shows:

<image>    <description>    ? 1,51 - ? 1,65

<image>    <description>  ? 1,10 - ? 1,10

instead of:

<image>    <description>    ? 1,51 - ? 1,65

<image>    <description>    ? 1,10

This I want to change, but I don't know where (in index.php ? or product_listing.php??)

Strange, because in the includes/moduels/product_listing.php that function is called:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
           $lc_align = 'right';
   // commented out code removed
           $pf->parse($listing[$x]);
           $lc_text = $pf->getPriceStringShort();
           break;

That piece of code works fine in my test shop. Of course the low and high price should be the same in all 4 decimals, otherwise you could still end up with what you see. But as you said, the low and high price are the same, so that shouldn't be a problem.

That piece of code works fine in my test shop. Of course the low and high price should be the same in all 4 decimals, otherwise you could still end up with what you see. But as you said, the low and high price are the same, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hi JanZ,

I don't know what happened earlier, but it works perfectly now, with your adjustment.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Tom