• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount codes? Customer discounts?

gossamer1971

I've looked thre the contributions and did a search in here and in the knowledge base...maybe I'm not putting in the right search criteria.? But anyways...

I'm looking for info on how I would go about giving certain customers certain discounts? The ecommerce site I have now I can enter different categories and assign that category a discount. Like my employees...35%, club members...25%.

Is there a contribution or module or ANYTHING that I can do to incorporate that into my site?

I'm really close to opening my store...and this is one of the last few things I need to do before I finish uploading my product.

Thanks soooo much in advance!

Janel

I'm also interested in giving customers discounts but I don't see in these b2b contribs any way to use a "Discount Code". This is where in checkout a customer has a code that they enter that will give them a percent discount.

I don't want to have to go into admin and add a customer to a group.

Thanks

RonR

Ok...the B2B thing looks like what I want. I've downloaded it...and it's just a readme file.

I've never gone thru installing a contribution before....so I'm a little nervous. Is it basically going in and changing files in my file manager? That's what it seems...but I wanna make sure. ???

That's all it is! I _strongly_ recommend backup up each and every file before you make any modifications. Here's how I do it:

I create 2 directories - - one called modded, one called pre-modded.

In pre-modded, I make backups of every file that the installation needs me to modify. I put them in the pre-modded directory, in the same directory structure that they exist in on my website. I then copy them all, in same directory structure, to the modded directory.

Next, follow the instructions, editing ONLY the files in the modded directory. When you're all done, you can upload all the changed files at once. If there is a problem, and you've caused a problem you need to undo, all you do is upload the files from the "pre-modded" directory and you're back to where you were before.

-jared