• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CVV2 with full details

I have added the "CVV2 with full details" contribution and everything appears to work except the cvv number is not being written to the orders table. The number can be entered and shows up through confirmation. And the number does not show when reviewing the order in Admin.

For testing purposes, I have used phpMyAdmin to manually enter a cvv number and then try to use the Admin to review that order. The cvv number is not being displayed.

I have successfully added the Multi_Vendor_Shipping contribution so maybe some of those files and the CVV2 files are conflicting.

What file is responsible for writting to the orders table and what file handles reading data for display in the Admin for reviewing orders?

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue.

The CVV2 can be entered at checkout and appears on the confirmation. I've also added it to the admin order preview. However, when you view it, you see the following:

Credit Card Type: Visa

Credit Card Owner: John Publix

Credit Card Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CVV2:

Credit Card Expires: 0107

You cannot see the CVV2 which was entered. There is a field for it in the SQL database.

I entered the following query into myphpadmin to add this field:

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `cc_cvv2` VARCHAR(4) AFTER `cc_number`;

Here are the instructions I followed from the contributions to add this to my store:

My wife needed CVV code for her store's site (www.wvroomtogrow.com), but her CC processor required the CVV code to process payment, thus the necessity. So, I added error checking for the CVV2 code

Files included (2) to replace:

cc.php - replaces catalog/includes/modules/payment/cc.php This was based on the originally CVV2 modded cc.php

cc_validation.php -replaces catalog/includes/classes/cc_validation.php - this does the error checking this mod was designed for

Then you will need to do the following. (the following info new to this revision)

To add the CVV2 code to the DB, use phpmyadmin to do the following query...

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `cc_cvv2` VARCHAR(4) AFTER `cc_number`;

Next, for the display of the CVV code... I actually added that to the orders.php file under admin (i.e. admin/orders.php). Here's what you need to add.

Go down about line 196 (look for this block)

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_number']; ?></td>

</tr>

add this block after it...

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_cvv2']; ?></td>

</tr>

save the file.

Next, go to the file admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php

and add this line (you can add it where the CC stuff is, or at the end )

define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2', 'CVV2:');

and then save the file.

I think that will do it. Pull up an order and see if the code displays.

Everything worked great right up to the point of seeing the CVV2 in the order admin.

Please help.

Thank you,

Kimberly

I am having the same issue. 

The CVV2 can be entered at checkout and appears on the confirmation.  I've also added it to the admin order preview.  However, when you view it, you see the following:

Credit Card Type:  Visa

Credit Card Owner:  John Publix

Credit Card Number:  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CVV2: 

Credit Card Expires:  0107

You cannot see the CVV2 which was entered.  There is a field for it in the SQL database.

I communicated with the author and he sent me the following list of files and the code that should be present in these files. I tracked down each one and found I was missing 6 different spots that were not in the instructions.

Here is the list of missing items:

- - - - - - - - -

admin/includes/classes/order.php:

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_cvv2, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

'cc_cvv2' => $order['cc_cvv2'],

includes/classes/order.php:

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_cvv2, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

'cc_cvv2' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_cvv2']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_cvv2'] : ''),

includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2', 'CVV2: (the 3 or 4 digit //This incomplete line needed appropriate syntax.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hope that helps.

One more thing.

/catalog/checkout_process.php:

Find

'cc_number' => $order->info['cc_number'],

And insert afterwards:

'cc_cvv2' => $order->info['cc_cvv2'],

That will let the CVV2 data be written to the database. So now you can see it show up in the admin panel. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

This is great...Just what I needed. But I am not sure where to add the code for the corrsponding files. For us newbies...Could someone please do the "find this code and replace it with this code or after this code add this directly under it" dialog? Pretty please.....

anj

I communicated with the author and he sent me the following list of files and the code that should be present in these files. I tracked down each one and found I was missing 6 different spots that were not in the instructions.

Here is the list of missing items:

- - - - - - - - -

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_cvv2, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_cvv2, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

'cc_cvv2' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_cvv2']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_cvv2'] : ''),

includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2', 'CVV2: (the 3 or 4 digit  //This incomplete line needed appropriate syntax.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hope that helps.