• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS add to cart button

tec

hey there everyone, this may be a stupid question, but what the heck.

I have placed this code $addtocartbutton in my template, I assumed it would add items to the cart also, but when you click on the button, it doesnt do anything.

Any ideas?

hey there everyone, this may be a stupid question, but what the heck.

I have placed this code $addtocartbutton in my template, I assumed it would add items to the cart also, but when you click on the button, it doesnt do anything.

Any ideas?

Probably not the best advice, but this is what I did:

<form name="cart_quantity" action="http://i-muffs.com/product_info.php?products_id=28&action=add_product" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="28"><input type="image" src="images/orderButton.gif" border="0" alt="Order Now" title=" Order Now ">

</center>

</form>

I got this code from the product_info.php line for actually adding to cart. I'm sure you can change the product ID to fit whatever you want.

the cart im working on has only 1 product so it's easy that way.

one drawback that I think others might agree on is the lack of a osCid variable being passed in the link. I'm using STS as well and I haven't yet figured out how to go about this....if you know, please tell me. I know how to make a custom box if that helps.

Probably not the best advice, but this is what I did:

<form name="cart_quantity" action="http://i-muffs.com/product_info.php?products_id=28&action=add_product" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="28"><input type="image" src="images/orderButton.gif" border="0" alt="Order Now" title=" Order Now ">

</center>

</form>

I tried adding two of these forms to my product_info.php

like this ( i have 2 products)

<form name="cart_quantity" action="inmyspace.net/product_info.php?products_id=31&action=add_product" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="31"><input type="image" src="images/orderButton.gif" border="0" alt="Order Now" title=" Order Now ">

</center>

</form>

<form name="cart_quantity" action="inmyspace.net/product_info.php?products_id=30&action=add_product" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="30"><input type="image" src="images/orderButton.gif" border="0" alt="Order Now" title=" Order Now ">

</center>

</form>

the first one will add the item to the cart, the second one does not work

I tried adding two of these forms to my product_info.php

like this ( i have 2 products)

<form name="cart_quantity" action="inmyspace.net/product_info.php?products_id=31&action=add_product" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="31"><input type="image" src="images/orderButton.gif" border="0" alt="Order Now" title=" Order Now ">

</center>

</form>

<form name="cart_quantity" action="inmyspace.net/product_info.php?products_id=30&action=add_product" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="30"><input type="image" src="images/orderButton.gif" border="0" alt="Order Now" title=" Order Now ">

</center>

</form>

the first one will add the item to the cart, the second one does not work

hmm, I really dont know...

What about the $startform and $endform elements that your supposed to use.

• 1 year later...
hmm, I really dont know...

What about the $startform and $endform elements that your supposed to use.

shaunklink - Thank you for your post! I was having the same problem with the $addtocartbutton not working. When I looked for the $startform element it was not there. Now that I have added that element it works.

Thank you!