• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fedex Ground is Horrible!

walkman

I've always had good results with fedex air, but I've recently come face-to-face with how bad fedex ground can be.

Apparently they got their ground operation via an acquisition -- and as a result none of their systems/operations are really integrated.

We had a package fall into a black hole because the customer entered an incorrect zip code. Which would explain some delay, but Fedex has had the package for almost 2 weeks -- for a shipment going 25 miles. We have been calling them for over a week to try to resolve the problem. The CSR will say they have updated the zip code, then the next day they insist that they never talked with anyone.

On the 5th day of trying to resovle the problem, they transferred me to a warehouse supervisor by accident. He made it sound like their computer systems are useless and who knew where the package is now. He said he would leave a paper note for the next shift to look for the package?!

UPS may be rough on packages sometimes, but at least they know how to keep up with them. If they find a mislabeled package they take the initiative to resolve the problem themselves.

We used to use Fedex Ground but stopped for many reasons. One was that they TRASHED packages they made UPS look good amazing enough. Second main reason was that their tracking is horrible. Fedex baught the ground system to compete with DHL and UPS in that area and to try to pickup the air packages. Ground and Express for Fedex are two SEPERATE companies nothing is done togather exept billing and even at that ground and express are on seperate pages. Just my experiance.

~Will

I've always had good results with fedex air, but I've recently come face-to-face with how bad fedex ground can be.

Apparently they got their ground operation via an acquisition -- and as a result none of their systems/operations are really integrated.

We had a package fall into a black hole because the customer entered an incorrect zip code. Which would explain some delay, but Fedex has had the package for almost 2 weeks -- for a shipment going 25 miles. We have been calling them for over a week to try to resolve the problem. The CSR will say they have updated the zip code, then the next day they insist that they never talked with anyone.

On the 5th day of trying to resovle the problem, they transferred me to a warehouse supervisor by accident. He made it sound like their computer systems are useless and who knew where the package is now. He said he would leave a paper note for the next shift to look for the package?!

UPS may be rough on packages sometimes, but at least they know how to keep up with them. If they find a mislabeled package they take the initiative to resolve the problem themselves.

I have had similarly bad experiences with all ground carriers (UPS, DHL, USPS and FedEx). Any of them seem to be able to handle express packages fairly well, but not ground packages. I think it is a matter of the extreme efficiencies they try to maintain in handling ground shipments since they don't have the high revenues of the express packages.

There is a reason they don't usually let you talk to the people in the warehouse - they will usually tell it the way it is rather than the sugar coated public relations version.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

• 1 month later...

Can't remember who, but a girl on my buddy list worked for FedEx, he handled labelling and each department, including driving packages to the airport for people who ordered next day shipping.

But yeah, nice to know we actually have somebody from FedEx on here, and in my opinion FedEx has done my company better then UPS, not better then USPS and DHL/Airborne, mmmmmm, they probably just missed beating FedEx shipping in my opinion. My last 15-20 sales were FedEx shipped cause my customers love them.

Installed Contributions: AJAX Menu, AJAX Attributed Manager, AP URL ReWriting, Credit Class and Gift Vouchers, CCGV Report, Date of Birth PullDown, FCKEditor for Product Desc., Monthly Installment Payments, More Pictures 6, MSRP Savings, Must Agree to Terms on Checkout, Order Editor, Payment Method Fee, PopUp Promo, Private Messages, Purchase Order, Purchase Order Application, Secure Admin Login-Logout, STS Plus, SugarCRM Integration, Supertracker, Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts, Your Recent History.

23 Total Contributions Installed :)