• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

I checked all the sql files that I have installed.. extra field and more category boxes seem to be the only ones that had them and "quantity" was not in either file even one time...

I asked the host, they had no idea and pretty much blew it off as a 3rd party issue.

Anyone else have any ideas? I guess my only other option is to restore and try another IPN contrib, this one seemed to have the most features though..

Thanks guys.

Well, in my store, I do not show the product quantity (set in admin if to display or not). Maybe try turning it off in your store and see if it makes a difference.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in my store, I do not show the product quantity (set in admin if to display or not). Maybe try turning it off in your store and see if it makes a difference.

You mean just delete that line the sql and run the sql again?

You mean just delete that line the sql and run the sql again?

No, go to Admin - configuration - product listing - Display Product Quantity and set iy to 0.

Was already set to 0.. so that doesnt seem to have anything to do with it.

OK, so yours is the same as mine.

I don't see why the paypal contrib would cause the problem.

Maybe try a repair table in the database?

OK, so yours is the same as mine.

I don't see why the paypal contrib would cause the problem.

Maybe try a repair table in the database?

Sorry, not sure what you mean by repair table? I am new to the database stuff. I have been able to figure my way around everything and this is the first problem I have run into..

I have backups of my database from both the admin pages and the myphp pages. After the errors with running paypal.sql I restore back to the previous verisons.. Same results though no matter what I try.

I even tried resorting the original before any changes and i get the same result. Totally lost on what to even look for now.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by repair table? I am new to the database stuff. I have been able to figure my way around everything and this is the first problem I have run into..

I have backups of my database from both the admin pages and the myphp pages. After the errors with running paypal.sql I restore back to the previous verisons.. Same results though no matter what I try.

I even tried resorting the original before any changes and i get the same result. Totally lost on what to even look for now.

As far as I know, you only need to backup from the OSC Admin.

I assume that you are on a linux server. If not, it should be somewhat similar.

Go to phpMyAdmin

Select the user

Select the database

Click on structure

Scroll to the bottom of the page

Since we don't know what we are doing, click on check all

Under that there is a box that says with selected. This is a drop down box.

Click on the down arrow of the drop down box and select repair table

That should be it.

As far as I know, you only need to backup from the OSC Admin.

I assume that you are on a linux server. If not, it should be somewhat similar.

Go to phpMyAdmin

Select the user

Select the database

Click on structure

Scroll to the bottom of the page

Since we don't know what we are doing, click on check all

Under that there is a box that says with selected. This is a drop down box.

Click on the down arrow of the drop down box and select repair table

That should be it.

Did the repair.. said Ok for everything. Same problem when running paypal.sql

#1067 - Invalid default value for 'quantity'

That msg is haunting me. Ugh. I wish I knew more about this, or even what to be searching for. I have been up and down this forum..

Did the repair.. said Ok for everything. Same problem when running paypal.sql

That msg is haunting me. Ugh. I wish I knew more about this, or even what to be searching for. I have been up and down this forum..

Apart from my email to you, did you unistall the paypal module in admin before you ran the sql file?

Apart from my email to you, did you unistall the paypal module in admin before you ran the sql file?

Yea, I have uninstalled all payments and tyring to run it, restored database back to original.. I have tried just about anything and everything i could think of it.

Thanks

Yea, I have uninstalled all payments and tyring to run it, restored database back to original.. I have tried just about anything and everything i could think of it.

Thanks

If nothing else works, send devOSC (the developer of this this contrib) a PM. He is a good guy.

Hi there

apologies for reposting this here it was in the wrong place before...

BTW Devosc maybe you should ask for a forum category for this thread as there appear to be thousands of posts for you contrib... it may help search and naviagtion easier for us newbies wink.gif

I am new to this OSC stuff but its getting there slowly smile.gif the PPcart and IPN looks liek a great tool.

I Installed the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN 3.15 contrib by devosc on a localhost test server and have a few problems

all of the inserted db fields show up fine in admin backend except one (which is labelled with CAPS see text below) and with the IPN test turned on I am able to get to the paypal page and follow instructions in the contrib install

but when i test I get this error

An error has occured, mostly likely because the Custom field in the IPN Test Panel did not have a valid transaction id.

I cant find where the transaction is ...

I do get a customer in the admin but no order or IPN notice

I am using a paypal sandbox email. address and password

just for completeness I also get these errors when viewing shipping

Shipping Modules

Warning: main(W:/www/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/paypal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in W:\www\catalog\admin\modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(W:/www/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/paypal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in W:\www\catalog\admin\modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'W:/www/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/paypal.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;\usr\local\PHP\includes;w:/www/mambo45') in W:\www\catalog\admin\modules.php on line 128

with the modules text below...note the CAPS for the paypal entry

Modules Sort Order Action

Flat Rate Info

Per Item

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE 0 Info

Table Rate Info

United States Postal Service Info

Zone Rates Info

Module Directory: W:/www/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/

The config of the paypal module is as follows

PayPal

Enable PayPal Module

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Business ID

[email protected]

Default Currency

GBP

Transaction Currency

Only GBP

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Pending Notification Status

Pending

Set Order Status

Processing

Set On Hold Order Status

On hold

Set Refunded Order Status

Refunded

Set Canceled Order Status

Cancelled

Synchronize Invoice

True

Sort order of display.

Background Color

White

Processing logo

tjtopban.gif

Store logo

PayPal Page Style Name

Include a note with payment

No

Shopping Cart Method

Aggregate

Enable PayPal Shipping Address

Yes

Digest Key

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

Test Mode

On

Cart Test

On

Debug Email Notifications

Yes

Debug Email Notification Address

root@localhost

PayPal Domain

www.paypal.com

Return URL behavior

any feedback or help will be greatfully received

thanks

W

If nothing else works, send devOSC (the developer of this this contrib) a PM. He is a good guy.

I took that advice, he replied pretty quickly and fixed the problem. Works perfectly now.

quantity int(11) NOT NULL default 0

I just needed to change that problem line in the sql file to that instead of '' I guess becuse of the verison of mysql.

I just want to again thank both of you for all of your help. Everything looks good now...

I took that advice, he replied pretty quickly and fixed the problem. Works perfectly now.

quantity int(11) NOT NULL default 0

I just needed to change that problem line in the sql file to that instead of '' I guess becuse of the verison of mysql.

I just want to again thank both of you for all of your help. Everything looks good now...

Good Evening All

Can I just check a point on this item please

I have installed this contrib tonight (dynamite!), but came up against exactly the same problem

quantity int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '',

MySQL said: Documentation

When I looked at the instruction it struck me that an integer should have a numeric value ie 0 rather than ""

In consequnce the rest of the query had not been completed (ie the paypal table and the rest of the query below it had not been completed)

I # out the parts of the query that had been completed and substituted the 0 for the "" in quantity and reran the query

This time it worked fine

The rest of the installation worked great

Can someone more knowledgeable confirm that this is the correct state of affairs and if so does the sql file needed tweaking in the contribution area?

Regards

Nossum

Hi All

After spending 16-17 hours a day for the last 8 days I finally got the downloads working. You'll know that if you've read the above.

I don't mind telling you, when I clicked that file name and the download box appeared I had a digital orgasm!

My next action was to get as much as I could remember into a message, for others.

After that I decided to check something that had been in the back of my mind all week.

What happens if the customer cancels the order? So I tried it and found the "fatal flaw"

If the customer hits the cancel button in their paypal account they go back to the checkout page they were at before they hit the "confirm order" button. That is the store page they were at before the went to Paypal, not the Checkout_success.php page.

However, if they then hit the "My Account" link the order is there in their account, and so is the download link!

In short, the customer can cancel the payment and still download the product. When I realised this I went into panick mode, but I've calmed down now.

The quickest and easiest solution I can see, is to remove the "My Account" links from the store. If they can't get into My Account they can't get the download link.

The only problem I can see with this is the customer will have to download the the file as soon as they pay for it, it will not be available in My Account for 7 days.

I don't see this as much of a problem as I think most people will download the file as soon as they see the link. They won't pay for a download then wait 3 days to download it, will they?

A better solution would be to remove the order history from My Account, but there are three places where the order appears. Off the top of my head they are Over view (show all oders), Previous orders and My Orders. It has got to be easier to keep them out of My Account than to remove those three boxes.

Another idea is to have a Buy without an Account option, if they don't have an account they can't have a My Account, right?

I think, that for a digital download people would use this option rather than enter their address etc.

I did look into this about a week ago, but I remember that the one I looked at said it can't (or there are no instructions) be installed on a store with other contributions installed. i.e. it can only be intalled on a "clean" store. My store has three contributions installed, so this contribution is going to take some thinking about, and research before I attempt to install it

removing the `my account` link is not the right solution.

i am facing a imilar problem.

this can be solved by keeping the order status to `payment processing` until it reaches the checkout_success.php page, where it should be updated to `downloads now available`. i've been trying to do this, but so far i have not been successful.

this can be solved by keeping the order status to `payment processing` until it reaches the checkout_success.php page, where it should be updated to `downloads now available`. i've been trying to do this, but so far i have not been successful.

Does your customer get back to the check_success page and the download is not available?

One problem I found was the order Status ID numbers. It's not enough to have them listed in the right order in your admin panel, you also have to go into the database and check the ID numbers are in the right order.

If you've added or removed order statuses then the ID numbers in the database will be out of sequence.

I use a download contribution too, so it may be the ID numbers are used by that and not this paypal contribution. It may be worth checking the ID number in the database, just in case the paypal contrib uses the ID numbers too.

Sabaina, have you had a success with this yet

Joeds problem on cancellation from paypal is a big one.

Does anyone have any ideas what can be done to stop downloads being available after paypal cancellation?

thanks

Sabaina, have you had a success with this yet

Joeds problem on cancellation from paypal is a big one.

Does anyone have any ideas what can be done to stop downloads being available after paypal cancellation?

thanks

Hi Wooly

I should clear this point up. I now have downloads working and the cancellation problem does not exist now.

Originally I installed a different paypal contrib. It didn't work so I installed this one, but somehow left one of the files from the old contrib in place. This file marked the order as completed as soon as the user pressed the Confirm Order button. which meant that if the user cancelled the order, or simply hit the Back button the ycould download the file.

Once my error was pointed out to me I replaced the old file with the correct one and got downloads working.

Hi Wooly

I should clear this point up. I now have downloads working and the cancellation problem does not exist now.

Originally I installed a different paypal contrib. It didn't work so I installed this one, but somehow left one of the files from the old contrib in place. This file marked the order as completed as soon as the user pressed the Confirm Order button. which meant that if the user cancelled the order, or simply hit the Back button the ycould download the file.

Once my error was pointed out to me I replaced the old file with the correct one and got downloads working.

Hi Joed

thanks for the prompt reply :)

Can you please tell me which file it was that was causing the problem.. I too have been trying various IPNs and dont want to have the same problem.

So if you are using devosc IPN version(?) sucessfully now,... can you explain any if other issues you had or what install poblems there were it would be great....kinda like so we can replicate your success :)

Also could you tell me what levels of IPN you have in each of the list boxes in payment admin to get your downlaods working.

Thanks VERY MUCH in advance ;) I really appreciate it

W

Edited by wooly

Hi Joed

thanks for the prompt reply :)

Can you please tell me which file it was that was causing the problem.. I too have been trying various IPNs and dont want to have the same problem.

So if you are using devosc IPN version(?) sucessfully now,... can you explain any if other issues you had or what install poblems there were it would be great....kinda like so we can replicate your success :)

Also could you tell me what levels of IPN you have in each of the list boxes in payment admin to get your downlaods working.

Thanks VERY MUCH in advance ;) I really appreciate it

W

I'm afraid this message is going to be long, but here goes.

The file in question was checkout_success.php

I actually posted it in here and devosc pointed out that some code was wrong. When I checked I found that the right file was in place on my HD, but the wrong file was on the server.

I am using devosc IPN 3.1.5.

I also have download controller v53 which was installed before devosc IPN 3.1.5. Not sure it it is needed with devosc IPN 3.1.5., but it is working so I'm leaving it in place.

One problem I had was filenames. I had 3 files called download.php but some other files had the following code

if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'downloads.php');

Note the "s" in downloads.php. There were no files called downloads.php on my system. So I changed all "downlaods.php" to "download.php".

Another point, the 3 download.php files were all different versions, v 1.9, v 1.3 and another one which had no code in it at all. I put V 1.9 in all 3 places.

I have the following Order Status. You must also check that the ID numbers in the database are correct.

Processing (default)

On Hold

Refunded

Canceled

Delivered

preparing [Paypal IPN]

My PayPal IPN Settings are;

Enable PayPal Module

True

E-Mail Address

My email address here

Business ID

my email address as above.

Default Currency

GBP

Transaction Currency

Only GBP

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Pending Notification Status

Set Order Status

Set On Hold Order Status

On Hold

Set Refunded Order Status

Refunded

Set Canceled Order Status

Canceled

Synchronize Invoice

True

Sort order of display.

Background Color

White

Processing logo

oscommerce.gif

Store logo

PayPal Page Style Name

Include a note with payment

No

Shopping Cart Method

Aggregate

Enable PayPal Shipping Address

No (not sure why this is set to no)

Digest Key

My_Shop_The_IPN

Test Mode

Off (my store is live, set to ON for sandbox)

Cart Test

Off (set to ON for testing)

Debug Email Notifications

Yes

PayPal Domain

www.paypal.com (set this to sandbox for testing)

Return URL behavior

I hope this helps

Joed,

Are you using:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753

I am using:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

which indeed (as you also pointed out) adds the order to the `orders` table when the confirmation screen is reached.

This module stores orders prematurely in the database to be processed by PayPal IPN notifications. This takes care of customers not returning back to the store to store the order in the database, and allows processing to occur when the PayPal IPN notification is received.

If you're using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN, do let us know, so we can install it instead of osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2.

Joed,

Are you using:

I am using:

which indeed (as you also pointed out) adds the order to the `orders` table when the confirmation screen is reached.

If you're using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN, do let us know, so we can install it instead of osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2.

Yes he is and this is the support thread for it.

Joed,

Are you using:

I am using:

Yes, I am using contrib 1753 and it works fine. I was using 2679 but couldn't get it working.

I am also convinced that 90% of the problems I had with 1753 were caused by me not uninstalling 2679 properly.

I would strongly recommend you install contrib 1753, it works and the instructions are very easy to follow. You even get tick boxes so you can tick off each step as you do it.

Hi Joed

wow thanks for this this is great :)

I have the following Order Status. You must also check that the ID numbers in the database are correct.

Processing (default)

On Hold

Refunded

Canceled

Delivered

preparing [Paypal IPN]

can you explain which numbers correspond to which status' ...Im not to good at this stuff Im afraid. I can get into the database with phpmyadmin so i think i can change them

thanks again this is so easy with your help :)