• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

OK - I have made some hacks to the payment/paypa.php file and it seems to work for me now with CCGV.

(If anyone needs it let me know)

I also made some changes to the information passed to paypal so it does not say the Company Name but these are not essential to the fix.

But one thing that I still need to figure out is the update to teh GV. Using PP IPN leave the gift voucher in the persons account. I have not checked the CC to see if updates the use of it.

I am pretty tired so if anyone has the answers to that - great.

Chris

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the 'Pending Payment' status:

When someone decides to use Paypal to pay (via IPN), and they don't complete:

1) No stock is removed from the DB

2) They can't return and pay for the goods later

Has there been a fix issued for these two yet? (or maybe it's just for point (2))

Thanks

Hi was hoping to use this contrib. but seem to have come unstuck. I have followed all the instructions and I get as far as Step 4 (New Order Status)

In admin->localization->Orders Status, create a new field called 'Pending PayPal Notification'

however when I try to open my 'admin' I now get the following error - I am running CCGV as well and have made the suggested changes to get it running with paypal in this thread but still get this message -

1054 - Unknown column 'paypal_ipn_id' in 'field list'

select paypal_ipn_id from orders where orders_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

I am now at a standstill and can't access my shop admin at all - would appreciate any help.

thanks

Maria

Did you make teh changes to the the database?

ALTER TABLE orders ADD paypal_ipn_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes ADD products_options_values_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

This has to be done and that error looks liek you didnt add the first one.

Edited by clarocque

Hi and thanks for your quick reply - I did this first as per the install instructions - in php my admin I went into add new field and added paypal_ipn_id INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; - this is the only way I know how to add the field - am I doing it right??

it now sits at the bottom of the orders table under giftwrap -

giftwrap  varchar(20)  No  AFTER cc_expires               

paypal_ipn_id  int(11)  No  0               

Check All  /  Uncheck All    With selected:     

I think the error looks like it dosn't know what to do with it - not that it isn't there??? I don't know - just my guess!?

Well I am no progammer but I believe this means it is not there.

1054 - Unknown column 'paypal_ipn_id' in 'field list'

select paypal_ipn_id from orders where orders_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

Have you verified it is in the table?

YOU can run the code I posted above in sql in phpmyadmin

Hi and thanks,

when I ran the sql code - in php my admin - I got the same error message -

How can I verify it is there - besides looking at it? I can see it in the orders table - it looks o.k. ?

I am definately no programmer either but all other additions have worked o.k. for me?

cheers.

Maria

Not sure what went astray - but my problem seemed to resolve itself - once I deleted and re-added a couple of time and re-installed the paypal contrib. from scratch.

thanks for you help. :D

regards,

Maria

Just wondering if this is correct for catalog/checkout_success.php

This is for Purchase Without Account 0.71 & PayPal 2.3 - Hopefully someone can verify

From The original with paypal

Find:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));

}

replace it with:

-- Cut.

Final ?:

Thanks

Sorry for the spam: if you find the answer to this, I'd be v. interested also...

Thanks

Even after changing checkout_process.php

to this:

if(!class_exists('order_total')) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

}

and adding the $order_total_modules to the global statement my tax isn't being displayed on the paypal website, and i even have the paypal sales tax enabled.

Anyone know a solution?

OK for those who are using CCGV with IPN 2.3. You may have noticed that the customers GV balance does not go down when they buy using PP.

Here is the fix I used:

in /includes/modules/payment/paypal/checkout_process.php

some where near line 78

find

//Now check to see whether order session info exists AND that this order does not currently
? ? //have an IPN.
? ? if ($orders_check['orders_id'] > 0 && ?$orders_check['paypal_ipn_id'] == '0' ) {
? ? ? $order_exists = true;
? ? }
? }

and under that add:

$order_total_modules->apply_credit();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM - added for CCGV
// it is placed in here instead of /paypal/checkout_update.php to prevent mutliple order from one GV. ?If in update it will not apply until IPN is returned thus allowing multiple orders using same GV if IPN is not returned

ok I am no programmer but it worked for me. SO I seem to have IPN 2.3 up to speed excecpt one little thing.

When using Affiliates - PayPal sales do not seem to calculate. I believe it is beacuse the code :

// Include OSC-AFFILIATE 
?require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_checkout_process.php');

is found in /catalog/checkout_process.php and is not in the IPN and checkout_process.php is skipped.

So I tried placing that code in a few different files with no luck. I am not sure if that is the answer or not - so any suggestions would be great.

Chris

NOTE: I am not a programmer and the above fix worked for me: use at your own risk and BACK UP!

Edited by clarocque

Hello all,

I am a little lost as to how to test this contribution. I once saw something on it but cant find it in the posts anymore.

Please could someone enlighten me on how to test?

Will a how to test section be integrated into the docs?

Is there a "dummy" creditcard number to use when testing the IPN?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello all,

I am a little lost as to how to test this contribution.  I once saw something on it but cant find it in the posts anymore. 

Please could someone enlighten me on how to test?

Will a how to test section be integrated into the docs?

Is there a "dummy" creditcard number to use when testing the IPN?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sorry for this post... I finaly figgured out how to test the paypal ipn. Was not aware that the test page was launched from the module setup area.

Wierd, I just installed paypal ipn 2.3 on a fresh osC 2.2 with no other contributions or modifications and did a test and tax is still not passing over to paypal. I currently don't have tax installed on the paypal website. I also haven't added any modifications from these 10 forum pages. Anyone know what could be the problem? Am i suppose to use any modifications from the previous 10 pages.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I also tried changing catalog/checkout_process.php to

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

and catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/checkout_process.php

global $payment_modules, $shipping_modules, $order, $currencies, $cart, $customer_id,

$sendto, $billto, $shipping, $payment, $language, $currency, $languages_id, $order_total_modules, $order_totals;

and :

if(!class_exists('order_total')) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

}

eventhough i don't have ccgv.

Thanks again!

I have the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v2.2 contribution setup. I have received an eCheck payment and the status was returnd as pending. Now when I go into PayPal and view my account, the transcation has cleared. When I look at the order in OSC Admin and when I view the PayPal IPN details screen, the transaction is still in pending status. I though that this would automatically change when the eCheck cleared. Is there anything that I did not config correctly or is this delay normal? The eCheck cleared today.

"There is no doubt about precisely when folks began racing each other in automobiles. It was the day they built the second automobile." - Richard Petty

Talon, congrats....

Scott, can't tell without looking, however a distinguishment needs to made between the osCommerce 'Pending' order status, and the PayPal 'Pending' payment status.

What should happen is something like:

Customer confirms osCommerce order (checkout_confirmation.php)

osC order status = 'Pending PayPal Notification'

No IPN History

[ii] Customer makes an eCheck payment (PayPal site)

osC order status = 'Pending'

ipn.payment_status = 'Pending'

[iii] eCheck clears and another IPN is sent (hopefully) with a 'Completed' payment status:

osC order status = 'Pending'

ipn.payment_status = completed.

These can more appropiately be distinguished from the actual admin->orders page for that order, rather than the summary list of orders.

You should be able to mimick an eCheck via the IPN Test Panel, first choose eCheck & Pending and then send another IPN Test this time eCheck and Completed both using the same unique transaction id.

Otherwise you would need to look at your debug emails to possibly see what actually happened.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

When someone decides to use Paypal to pay (via IPN), and they don't complete:

1) No stock is removed from the DB

2) They can't return and pay for the goods later

I'm looking for this too. I had a customer today try a couple times to make an order. He told me that he forgot his password, and when he went through the whole deal to get his lost password, there wasn't a way to complete the transaction.

I'm not too familiar with the code, but it seems like it wouldn't be too difficult if it's "pending paypal notification" to put a link on the Order information page to complete the payment at paypal.

It seems that modules/payment/paypal/checkout_process.php already has "if($order_exists)" all over it, but I just don't know how to call it.