• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

I have this module set up and it appears to work fine except when I get transfered back to my store my cart still has the items i just bought in it. The order is in OSC and set to processing and the transaction shows and everything looks correct but the items are still in the cart. Is this something that I am missing in the configuration or a bug perhaps?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this module set up and it appears to work fine except when I get transfered back to my store my cart still has the items i just bought in it. The order is in OSC and set to processing and the transaction shows and everything looks correct but the items are still in the cart. Is this something that I am missing in the configuration or a bug perhaps?

More likely an error in installing this or another contribution.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow PayPal Shopping Cart IPN users or any other OSC user.

I have been using this contribution version 3.0 in since Feb. 2005. A fews days later devosc came out with an update 3.1.5. However, I had not updated until yesterday. Now I am using PayPal Shopping Cart IPN 3.1.5. I loved it before and I love it even more. My customers are happy too. The message following is from just one such customer:

"Hello there. I just placed an order for 4 bussman glr-8 fuses. Everything went great, including the Paypal payment option. I am just writing you and email to say how nice your website is, and it's ease of use and excellent payment options made me a happy camper. I will be sure to come back many more times. It's nice to see websites work the way they are suppose to. Even the redirect page after Paypal payment works correctly. Kudos to you. Thanks!!!

Best Regards,

J."

It's too bad this contribution seems to be disregarded. It is a large contribution and could take more than a couple hours to install, especially by people like me (cut and paster). But hey, if I can do it, anyone can, just work patiently and slowly, one step at a time and in order of instruction. I know this contribution is not the "Official" PayPal payment IPN and I am unfamiliar in the use of that contribution. It appears to have been improving over time, which brings me to my dilemma.

O where o where has my programmer gone?

I have installed another contribution called buySAFE. It is a company that will guarantee the buyer that he will receive the product as advertised and according to the Terms of Sale from the seller if the buyer is willing to purchase a bond with the purchase of the goods. This contribution works great, except, when the order is confirmed along with the purchase of the bond, the bond information is not sent to PayPal. buySAFE Chris tells me that it is the payment contribution that is not allowing this to happen, that buySAFE programmers only implemented the contribution with "Official" OSC's core payment module. It appears that this is new waters for the buySAFE contribution. Chris tells me that possibly someone might know how to implement this into my payment module. So I am asking if anyone might know how to do this.

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with this PayPal module and the SEO-G contribution? I've recently installed the latter and PayPal is receiving info from the shop but not sending it back. SEO-G has exclude options and I've added ipn.php, and a few others and that's fixed nochex but not paypal. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful :)

I recently discovered that my client had changed her Primary email in Paypal, so of course, her orders started getting stuck in Preparing [Paypal IPN] status. I've fixed the email addresses now so that they match, but is there anyway to resend the orders that are stuck in that status without the customer having to resubmit their order? My client didn't get any payment in her Paypal account, so that's the part that I'm not sure how to resubmit to get her paid. The packing list shows fine in osCommerce even though the order didn't go through - a wonderful confirmation that this contribution works great! Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently discovered that my client had changed her Primary email in Paypal, so of course, her orders started getting stuck in Preparing [Paypal IPN] status. I've fixed the email addresses now so that they match, but is there anyway to resend the orders that are stuck in that status without the customer having to resubmit their order? My client didn't get any payment in her Paypal account, so that's the part that I'm not sure how to resubmit to get her paid. The packing list shows fine in osCommerce even though the order didn't go through - a wonderful confirmation that this contribution works great! Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I think you are in the wrong thread. PayPal Shopping Cart IPN by Devosc does not use the term "Preparing [Paypal IPN]". However, the Official PayPal IPN contribuion does. Here is the thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179917

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

• 1 month later...

Hi

Has anybody had experience of this contribution and the overriding of paypals postage calculations?

I appear to be getting the paypal rate overriding/ignoring the website postage rates. I notice there is a switch in paypal to allow an override of their rates, but does this (excellent) contribution allow for that?

Any guidance very welcome

Thank you

Nossum

• 1 month later...

Hi, I don't know if this has been covered but I got the error

#1067 - Invalid default value for 'quantity'

when trying to run paypal.sql during the install. So on line 96 I changed

quantity int(11) NOT NULL default '',

to

quantity int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

And the install continued, hope this helps someone. I was also wondering if there was a better choice than zero for the empty space.

My server specs:

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

PHP Version 4.4.7

Linux 2.6.9-55.0.2.ELsmp

MySQL 5.0.27-standard

Apache

• 4 months later...

I now have discovered a significant bug with this contrib. When a customers payment fails for any reason and they return to our website to resume the payment, the amount drops by a little over $5.

I tested this myself by ordering the same things and it did the same to me too.

Anyone know what would fix this.

I now have discovered a significant bug with this contrib. When a customers payment fails for any reason and they return to our website to resume the payment, the amount drops by a little over $5.

I tested this myself by ordering the same things and it did the same to me too.

Anyone know what would fix this.

Since the module is no longer supported by the devosc, it may be time to go for the supported version.

I've looked at what I think is the one you're talking about. Just from a quick read through the install instructions I do not think I can install it. Having the devosc version has surely changed all my files too significantly to work with this new version.

I do not have enough knowledge to get it working so I have little choice but to use the DEVOSC module. If there is no fix for the reduced amount when people resume a payment I guess I either take a loss on each of those orders or stop the ability to resume an order.

I've looked at what I think is the one you're talking about. Just from a quick read through the install instructions I do not think I can install it. Having the devosc version has surely changed all my files too significantly to work with this new version.

I do not have enough knowledge to get it working so I have little choice but to use the DEVOSC module. If there is no fix for the reduced amount when people resume a payment I guess I either take a loss on each of those orders or stop the ability to resume an order.

Hi Sammy

Any idea of where the reduced amount comes from (handling fee, paypal fee, or something else)?

Here's an example:

The sale price was: $172.92(USD)

The amount passed through after a resumed attempt at payment was: $168.11(USD)

The actual pay pal fee paid was: $5.34(USD)

The shipping was over $35 so that can't be it. It wasn't taxed either because it's a foreign purchase. Any clues there?

Here's an example:

The sale price was: $172.92(USD)

The amount passed through after a resumed attempt at payment was: $168.11(USD)

The actual pay pal fee paid was: $5.34(USD)

The shipping was over $35 so that can't be it. It wasn't taxed either because it's a foreign purchase. Any clues there?

A change in the exchange rate perhaps? The difference was $4.81.

Unfortunately not, the payment was made the same day, I really don't think the exchange had anything to do with it.

ALSO, the rate is set by our website, we did not change the rates. So that wouldn't work either.

Don't know, maybe do a few tests and see if it is the same amount, or same percentage each time.

hi im getting this error anyone know how to fix this

1146 - Table 'dtpetsup_dtpetsup1.paypal' doesn't exist

select p.payment_status from paypal p left join orders o on p.paypal_id = o.payment_id where o.orders_id ='4912'

Thanks

hi im getting this error anyone know how to fix this

1146 - Table 'dtpetsup_dtpetsup1.paypal' doesn't exist

select p.payment_status from paypal p left join orders o on p.paypal_id = o.payment_id where o.orders_id ='4912'

Thanks

Did you run the sql?

• 3 years later...

Several times in the past I've gotten confused about which PayPal version I was using. This is the one;

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN v3.1.5

We had this working for a few years while running Multi-Vendor-Shipping and a bunch of other things.

Now however, we've updated to OsCommerce 2.2 RC2a and I was advised from somewhere that

"PayPal IPN doesn't work with RC2a" so I switched to the PayPal Standard Website Payments Module, but I think this deserves a bit more effort.

Does anyone have this working with RC2 ????

What happened when I made the switchover was only that "No PayPal Transaction Info..." messages. Nothing else seemed broken.