• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

Hi, I am testing out by using credit card or paypal accounts to pay. I got details on the payment info if I use paypal to pay under admin/orders.php:

PAYPAL

Transaction Activity

Date Status Details Action Gross Fee Net Amount

May. 05, 2006 Completed Details US$0.02 US$0.02 US$0.00

I can click on "Details" to see everything.

However, if I use credit card (account optional) to pay, under admin/orders.php, all I see is "Payment Method: Credit Card or PayPal". Nothing else.

Is this normal? Because if a customer pays me by credit card via the PayPal Account Optional feature (i.e. no need to sign up), I do NOT even have the last 4 digits to hold onto!!

Ken

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply!!! I really appreciate it.

No, I do NOT want to store the Credit Card numbers at all!!! I am just worried if (knock knock) someone initiates a charge-back with credit card company, would the credit card company want to see anything from me? I mean I have nothing from PayPal - not even the last 4 digits of the credit card number! All I have is this XXX person ordered XXX from my shop and I sent it out to this XXX address (with registered mail). That's my only concern.

Hi Ken

I do not know why you would want to store any CC details in your store.

Thanks for the reply!!! I really appreciate it.

No, I do NOT want to store the Credit Card numbers at all!!! I am just worried if (knock knock) someone initiates a charge-back with credit card company, would the credit card company want to see anything from me? I mean I have nothing from PayPal - not even the last 4 digits of the credit card number! All I have is this XXX person ordered XXX from my shop and I sent it out to this XXX address (with registered mail). That's my only concern.

Any charge back would be to PayPal and they would handle it.

Greg,

Fantastic contributuion mate with this IPN, i just have one question;

If my customer pays via their paypal acount they get returned to my website correctly (checkout_success.php)

if they DONT have a paypal account and just pay using their credit card, they are returned to my site (index.php) and lose all session id.

How can i fix this?

Many thanks in advance.

Darren

Edited by darren1

Greg,

Fantastic contributuion mate with this IPN, i just have one question;

If my customer pays via their paypal acount they get returned to my website correctly (checkout_success.php)

if they DONT have a paypal account and just pay using their credit card, they are returned to my site (index.php) and lose all session id.

How can i fix this?

Many thanks in advance.

Darren

Did you set the return url in your paypal profile?

Did you set the return url in your paypal profile?

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, yes i did set it to return to my domain, but as i understand it the module overrides this anyway.. :(

works fine if pay via paypal account, but if choose to pay by card and dont have a paypal account, returns me to catalog/index.php.... convinced its the code at the top of checkout_success.php, but cant seem to fix it.....

see what you think, it may be obvious and im overlooking it;

Thank you....

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the shopping cart page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update')) {

$notify_string = 'action=notify&';

$notify = $HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'];

if (!is_array($notify)) $notify = array($notify);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($notify); $i<$n; $i++) {

$notify_string .= 'notify[]=' . $notify[$i] . '&';

}

if (strlen($notify_string) > 0) $notify_string = substr($notify_string, 0, -1);

// tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));

// Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411

// PWA Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411

if (tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) {

tep_session_destroy();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'));

}

else { //end of pwa addition

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string)); }

} else if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {

PayPal_osC::reset_checkout_cart_session();

}

//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

//}

// }

Hi Darren

Mine says

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the shopping cart page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update')) {

$notify_string = 'action=notify&';

$notify = $HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'];

if (!is_array($notify)) $notify = array($notify);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($notify); $i<$n; $i++) {

$notify_string .= 'notify[]=' . $notify[$i] . '&';

}

if (strlen($notify_string) > 0) $notify_string = substr($notify_string, 0, -1);

// start of pwa addition

// tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));

// }

// Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411

// PWA Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411

if (tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) {

tep_session_destroy();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'));

}

else {

//tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL'));

//}

// }

// end of pwa addition

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL')); }

} else if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {

PayPal_osC::reset_checkout_cart_session();

}

//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

//}

// }

I there a way to show the paypal fee and expected amount to be

paid in Paypal on the Order Confirmation page?

I don't want my customers to see one value on their confirmation

page and then when they get to Paypal, they see the amounts with

the added 2.9% plus .30 cents added onto their order.

I'd like to show something like this:

Sub-Total: $15.00

United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 4 lbs total) (UPS Ground, 2006-05-19): $7.94

GA TAX 7.0%: $1.61

Total: $24.55

Paypal Fees: $1.01

Order Total: $25.56

Thanks!

I'm having some trouble with this one...

After a customer completes payment, he/she is returned to the site. However, the database is NOT updated, and status of the order remains as "pending." This wouldn't normally be an issue, except that the customer isn't notified of their completed transaction!

Frankly, I have no clue what the problem is. Should I be looking through my Paypal settings? The Paypal payment receipt gives the exacty same Order and Custom variables as listed in the backend, there's just no update to the "pending" status and no notification sent.

Someone please advise, we want to go live ASAP! Thanks.

Adam

Edited by dynamikdesigns

It has been almost 12 hours and still no IPN coming in. I saw from my sandbox account that I got the money already but still no IPN.

Is the PayPal IPN delay problem severe for sandbox environment? Will it be better for live environment?

Or is there a way to check if the PayPal IPN server is running okay?

It has been almost 12 hours and still no IPN coming in. I saw from my sandbox account that I got the money already but still no IPN.

Is the PayPal IPN delay problem severe for sandbox environment? Will it be better for live environment?

Or is there a way to check if the PayPal IPN server is running okay?

Your sandbox account must be set up exactly as your paypal account.

You can test your install from admin payment modules paypal turn on test mode

Test Mode

Set test mode [iPN Test Panel]

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know (or have working) if Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0 works with PayPal IPN (this version).

I am desperate to get htm emails sent from my shop at create account, order process, and from admin and Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0 maybe the simplest way. The install instructions do say that it is not for PayPal IPN (no reason given).

I am open to suggestions.

I have hacked another contrib that works for create account, but having trouble with order process to get it to integrate with PWA and CCGV as well as paypal.

I am having troubles with IPN. I turned on Test mode and I got a "Verified" response (this is done by just creating an order and stopped after reaching the Paypal page).

Then I launched "IPN Test Panel", filled in the same txn_id for the same transaction, and clicked "Test IPN." This time, the response coming back is "Invalid."

Also, very very strange is my TABLE_PAYPAL in MySQL has no information at all!!!! I got my txn_id information from the the first email generated when the order was created, i.e. my first paragraph of this post.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

P.S. I am using port 80 in sandbox and I read something about IPN not working in 8080 - are 80 and 8080 the same thing? I believe not but just to make sure.

This is very puzzling... After submitting several test orders, one of them does work and I got my IPN! so i m not sure where the problem is, since in most programming, it's either work or not work... i have no clue...

• 2 weeks later...
Answering my own question...tested the changed code and the cart functions properly now. :D

You answered my question too, thank you very much :) It would have taken me days to figure that out.

Edited by Rabyte

• 4 weeks later...

We installed this module months ago and it has been working perfectly ever since, then suddenly, today we got an email from paypal saying there had been a payment, but it did not show up under orders just like it was doing before we installed this module. Anyone else having this problem or know what the problem might be?

Thanks, Matt

I might be having the same problem. I have had it installed for over two years. And now, starting last week, I get the IPN debug email and the message from paypal saying I got a payment, but the order is not set to "processing" as it used to.

I have a problem with paypal IPN it has installed successfully and everything goes through ok i get emails from paypal - the customer gets an email from paypal. No IPN is sent back and the customer order stays on pending. nothing in the IPN table

I have checked the debug email and it is set up exactly as paypal with Primary and Business emails.

I have turned on IPN in paypal (clearing the URL)

I have turned on automatic redirect in paypal

It just doesn't seem to send any IPN data back on the status of the order. So now when a customer orders they don't get a confirmation from me until i manually go in and change there status to processing!

Any help would be much appreciated - I tried a search but the thread is massive

Cheers

--------------

n0rm

I have installed the latest version of this module and i have also installed the "SMS You" - Order Notifications by SMS... which works on all payment methods apart from the PayPal payment method..

The contribution is here = http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2868

This is becuase it requires a change in the checkout_process.php file and as you know PayPal mod has its own... does anybody have this working on theres with the PayPal mod and if so where do i put the code..

Thanks in advance...

• 1 month later...

I have read many of the threads and still not found a solution to my problem. I have the latest version of the contribution. When I get to the checkout pages and forward onto Paypal to enter the payment details, if I decide to cancel the order by clicking on the 'cancel order and return to merchant' link, it returns to the checkout with the products still in the shopping cart, but the order has been registered as 'Pending', not cancelled as it should be.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem? It's driving me crazy :-(

Many thanks,

Luke

Create a new order status such as 'paypal pending'. then in your paypal settings in the oscommerce admin, set:

Set Pending Notification Status - Paypal Pending

Set Order Status - Pending

This will set the status as paypal pending whenever a IPN is not received. Then you will have to manually check at paypal.com to see if payment was received. In your case where a customer checks out and cancels, it will still show up as paypal pending.

Edited by safoo

Create a new order status such as 'paypal pending'. then in your paypal settings in the oscommerce admin, set:

Set Pending Notification Status - Paypal Pending

Set Order Status - Pending

This will set the status as paypal pending whenever a IPN is not received. Then you will have to manually check at paypal.com to see if payment was received. In your case where a customer checks out and cancels, it will still show up as paypal pending.

I must admit that this is an imperfect solution. For example, I am also running the CCGV(trad) contribution. In the scenario that the customer cancels and the order is set as 'paypal pending', upon returning to the checkout their gift voucher balance would now be zero, despite them cancelling the order and hence not in effect using their gift voucher balance.

I cant understand why, in the module configuration, it has as an option 'Set Canceled Order Status', but this is not utilised when the customer does in fact cancel the order. Is this a bug? It certainly seems like it is :'(

Does anyone know the solution? I can't be the only one with this problem...

Edited by scanditan