• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

Hi,

I have posted this issue also in the german osc forum, but I didn't receive a reply. Maybe you guys know a solution? Here's my problem:

When I receive an order that is processed by Paypal (credit card, instant...) the order process is fully working for the customer, that's just fine... but...

1. No order email is sent (neither to the customer nor to me)

2. IPN is received (in the IPN menu) but in admin/order.php the Paypal box is not updated "no Paypal transaction information available..." and the order status isn't getting updated.

The really strange thing is, that the payment takes place, I get payment confirmation emails from paypal, in the IPN menu (Admin --> customers --> IPN) the order with IPN shows up, the money is tranfered to my Paypal account but the order is not updated!!!

Has anyone an idea, what causes that strange behavior?

Someone thought, it could be an issue with teh apache config!?!

I am using PAYPAL_IPN version 3.1.5 including updates until 30th october 2005.

Thanks for your help!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have posted this issue also in the german osc forum, but I didn't receive a reply. Maybe you guys know a solution? Here's my problem:

When I receive an order that is processed by Paypal (credit card, instant...) the order process is fully working for the customer, that's just fine... but...

2. IPN is received (in the IPN menu) but in admin/order.php the Paypal box is not updated "no Paypal transaction information available..." and the order status isn't getting updated.

The really strange thing is, that the payment takes place, I get payment confirmation emails from paypal, in the IPN menu (Admin --> customers --> IPN) the order with IPN shows up, the money is tranfered to my Paypal account but the order is not updated!!!

Thanks for your help!

In Admin, did you set

Set Pending Notification Status

Pending

Set Order Status

Processing

Set On Hold Order Status

On Hold

Set Canceled Order Status

Canceled

And in Admin did you set sen extra e-mails?

In Admin, did you set

Set Pending Notification Status

Pending

Set Order Status

Processing

Set On Hold Order Status

On Hold

Set Canceled Order Status

Canceled

And in Admin did you set sen extra e-mails?

Yes, I have set ther status to these values (in german but that shouldn't be a problem), extra order emails are also set!

Here's the link to the german thread which shows a picture of the paypal box in admin --> orders.php

http://forums.oscommerce.de/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=34549

Hi.

I've had this installed on my site working great for a while. Then i had to edit my oscommerce because my host turned register globals to off.

So, now IPN isn't working. I tried to update it to the latest version but it seems that the file has corrputed because when I go and look at the overwrite and run ms2.2 and compare it to my site, the files in the overwrite and run are all truncated after about 8 letters.

So, 2 questions:

1) Can someone post the latest (working) version of IPN again because the most recent version is corrupted.

2) Is this compatible with Registered globals off in php.ini?

Hi.

I've had this installed on my site working great for a while. Then i had to edit my oscommerce because my host turned register globals to off.

So, now IPN isn't working. I tried to update it to the latest version but it seems that the file has corrputed because when I go and look at the overwrite and run ms2.2 and compare it to my site, the files in the overwrite and run are all truncated after about 8 letters.

So, 2 questions:

1) Can someone post the latest (working) version of IPN again because the most recent version is corrupted.

2) Is this compatible with Registered globals off in php.ini?

Hi

I download the latest version 3 weeks ago is it was fine. Maybe some one has uploaded a newer version since then, but if you download a ver5sion that it at least 3 weeks old it should work.

I have just re-read your message and I have to say that I did not use the files in overwrite and run. I've just looked at about 6 of the files in there and they seem ok to me.

Try downloading the archive again, or do what I did and forget about the overwrite and run files.

Open question to everyone

What are the overwrite and run files? When I first download this contribution I assumed these were the files to use if you had a "clean" install of osc. As I did not have a clean install I ignored them, was I right?

If I am wrong then my only defence is there is no instructions with these files, the only clue is the folder name. And I took this to mean "Just overwrite the existing files with these ones and the contrib will be installed".

Hi

I download the latest version 3 weeks ago is it was fine. Maybe some one has uploaded a newer version since then, but if you download a ver5sion that it at least 3 weeks old it should work.

I have just re-read your message and I have to say that I did not use the files in overwrite and run. I've just looked at about 6 of the files in there and they seem ok to me.

Try downloading the archive again, or do what I did and forget about the overwrite and run files.

Open question to everyone

What are the overwrite and run files? When I first download this contribution I assumed these were the files to use if you had a "clean" install of osc. As I did not have a clean install I ignored them, was I right?

If I am wrong then my only defence is there is no instructions with these files, the only clue is the folder name. And I took this to mean "Just overwrite the existing files with these ones and the contrib will be installed".

That is my understanding. I too did not use them. The version that I ended up with is v3.1.5 tar.gz, file/folder misstaken, with no further updates.

Hi,

Thanks for your help!

Finally I found the solution for my problem...

In my database the tabel "paypal_payment_status_history" was not installed!!! >_< <_< :-" :-" :-"

I really don't know the reason but well, now it works perfectly!

If someone else is facing this strange problem, here's the solution:

Just compare your own tables in your mysql db with the "paypal.sql" file inside the 3.1.5 Contrib of PAYPAL_IPN and reinstall if necessary!

when I edit the application_top.php with

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php');

and

PayPal_osC::check_order_status(true);

as per the installation directions of PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPNv3.1.5

it totally breaks the site, leaving nothing but a blank page - unable to resolve something with in the osC.class ???

If I restore this application_top.php and ignore this code, then it breaks again when going into check-out...just a blank page...

Something is FATAL_AMIS

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated here.

-Thanks

ben

and

I don't have much expertise in this but can confirm that mine works with those lines includes in application_top

Edited by radders

and

ben

Did you upload ALL of the new files?

Hi there

I have installed v3.0a and it works, but I wish to change some things.

My site is default ? Sterling (also US$ and ? are available).

When I have the Transaction Currency set to Selected Currency option set the site converts my ?Sterling checkout value to US$ (at my specified exchange rate) before transferring the ammount to PayPal.

This is causing me serious issues.

If I select the Transaction Currency to be ? Sterling and process a Sterling transaction no ammount ot 0 is transferred.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Kind regards

Boni

coopco etc..

Yes I uploaded all of the new files that were within the "catalog" dir in the v3.1.5 release package.

There were several other directories and files that were included with the release - however they were not addressed within the installation instructions. ( MS2-2.2OverWriteAndRun and osC_Affiliate etc.)

This works fine for everyone else though? - So is there a minimum version of OsC that I need to have it running on? Or PHP version? Or something of the sort that could be causing this result after following the installation instructions in the htm?

Thanks,

b

coopco etc..

Yes I uploaded all of the new files that were within the "catalog" dir in the v3.1.5 release package.

There were several other directories and files that were included with the release - however they were not addressed within the installation instructions. ( MS2-2.2OverWriteAndRun and osC_Affiliate etc.)

This works fine for everyone else though? - So is there a minimum version of OsC that I need to have it running on? Or PHP version? Or something of the sort that could be causing this result after following the installation instructions in the htm?

Thanks,

b

also - I noticed that my OsC site is not set up like catalog/admin ... these are sperate directories on the root... /catalog and /admin - I wonder if this is breaking something?

I try and move admin into the catalog dir and it does not seem to help either though - still something is not finding its way...??

Alright!

I was able to get something going with the files in the MS2-2.2OverWriteAndRun...:) this seemingly gives me the various IPN functionalities... shoots emails to the Paypal sandbox and allows for update of status etc. within the Admin panel... (but does not work with direct credit card entry?)

also... I get an email from paypal with a statement like:

"This eCheck Payment will remain "Uncleared" until the funds have cleared from the sender's account, which usually takes 4 business days. If you are shipping an item, please do not ship your item until the funds have cleared into your PayPal account. You will be notified by email when the funds have cleared into your PayPal balance." :blink:

4 business days! - wow, sounds like this could slow down things a bit. So when it goes "Cleared" I assume that I will need to log into the admin panel and choose Processing, and then when I deliver it I need to log into the admin panel and choose Shipped?

Also, will this work with the Web Site Payments Pro 0.7.3 contribution? I would like to be able to accept credit cards directly on the website as well without having to send people out to the PayPal site.

Thanks -

b

Alright!

I was able to get something going with the files in the MS2-2.2OverWriteAndRun...:) this seemingly gives me the various IPN functionalities... shoots emails to the Paypal sandbox and allows for update of status etc. within the Admin panel... (but does not work with direct credit card entry?)

also... I get an email from paypal with a statement like:

"This eCheck Payment will remain "Uncleared" until the funds have cleared from the sender's account, which usually takes 4 business days. If you are shipping an item, please do not ship your item until the funds have cleared into your PayPal account. You will be notified by email when the funds have cleared into your PayPal balance." :blink:

4 business days! - wow, sounds like this could slow down things a bit. So when it goes "Cleared" I assume that I will need to log into the admin panel and choose Processing, and then when I deliver it I need to log into the admin panel and choose Shipped?

Also, will this work with the Web Site Payments Pro 0.7.3 contribution? I would like to be able to accept credit cards directly on the website as well without having to send people out to the PayPal site.

Thanks -

b

Any cheque payment takes time to clear.

My store is set up like yours, so do not move the admin directory. Glad you got it working.

It may have been

file/folder misstaken

In the previous packages catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/TransactionDetails/TransactionDetails.php is a folder aand it should be the same file as

MS2-2.2OverWriteAndRun/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/TransactionDetails/TransactionDetails.php

in this file this issue has been solved

I would have thought that everyone read this in the contribution area.

I have been using this excellent contribtion for a little while

I have today installed PURCHASE WITHOUT ACCOUNT v0.910 November 6, 2005

The only crossover between the two contributions is in \catalog\checkout_success.php where at or around line 29, both contributions make a change to

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));

//begin PWA
//	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));
// Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411
if (tep_session_is_registered('noaccount')) {
tep_session_destroy();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'));
}
else {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL'));
}
 }
//end PWA
//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
  } else if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {
 PayPal_osC::reset_checkout_cart_session();
  }
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

I am not sure what PWA is doing but suspect the "Cart_IPN" code is to do with the IPN confirming sucess etc

My test envioronment with Paypal sandpit does not support the IPN piece so I am still guessing. However both contributions appear to be working

The question is how do I intergrate the above code?

Please coulld I ask for guidance on this point

Thank you

Nossum

I have been using this excellent contribtion for a little while

I have today installed PURCHASE WITHOUT ACCOUNT v0.910 November 6, 2005

The only crossover between the two contributions is in \catalog\checkout_success.php where at or around line 29, both contributions make a change to

//begin PWA
//	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));
tep_session_destroy();
}
else {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL'));
}
 }
//end PWA
  } else if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {
  }
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

I am not sure what PWA is doing but suspect the "Cart_IPN" code is to do with the IPN confirming sucess etc

My test envioronment with Paypal sandpit does not support the IPN piece so I am still guessing. However both contributions appear to be working

The question is how do I intergrate the above code?

Please coulld I ask for guidance on this point

Thank you

Nossum

If it helps, I have this

if (strlen($notify_string) > 0) $notify_string = substr($notify_string, 0, -1);

// start of pwa addition

// tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));

// }

// PWA Added a check for a Guest checkout and cleared the session - 030411

tep_session_destroy();

}

else {

//tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL'));

//}

// }

// end of pwa addition

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL')); }

}

If it helps, I have this

else {

//tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL'));

//}

// }

// end of pwa addition

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string, 'SSL')); }

}

Coopco

Thank you for this guidance. If I follow you correctly you have added the Paypal contribution as the second part of the if else endif statement, removed the SSL comment and what I would have had big trouble recognising is the removal of the last bracket (presume to balance the command?)

As it must work for you I will install this onto the production site and and run a couple of live tests with paypal and see what happens

Thank you for your trouble

Nossum

Coopco

Thank you for this guidance. If I follow you correctly you have added the Paypal contribution as the second part of the if else endif statement, removed the SSL comment and what I would have had big trouble recognising is the removal of the last bracket (presume to balance the command?)

As it must work for you I will install this onto the production site and and run a couple of live tests with paypal and see what happens

Thank you for your trouble

Nossum

No problem. I did originally have the extra brace, and I took it out when it failed. It works for me and I hope it works for you.

I am using the contrib and was wondering how can I have it send paypal the shipping address so that my customer don't have to fill it out twice. I do not want to disable it within my site. I need this information.

Thanks

Rob

I am using the contrib and was wondering how can I have it send paypal the shipping address so that my customer don't have to fill it out twice. I do not want to disable it within my site. I need this information.

Thanks

Rob

I think....

At paypal, when you log in, go to profile. Go to Website Payment Preferences, scroll down to PayPal Account Optional, and click on PayPal Account Optional: on

When this feature is turned on, your customers will go through an optimized checkout experience. This feature is available for Buy Now, Donations and Shopping Basket buttons, but not for Subscription buttons.

No problem. I did originally have the extra brace, and I took it out when it failed. It works for me and I hope it works for you.

Coopco

Just a postscript - I have yet to do a real heavy shake down - but the few I have done tonight went through no problem!

Thanks again

Nossum

Hello all,

i installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 - Devosc in my OSC. (local server php5,iis without email support)

the installation wars ok i guess, but if i try to test it with a paypal sandbox account,

and use the IPN Test Panel i dont know whats going on, in my admin order details i have this:

Transaction Activity

Date Status Details Aktion Gross Fee Net Amount

No PayPal Transaction Information Available (8e28c2aaxyz1323a87xyz2aee02fcxyz)

i guess this is the Transaction ID for the test panel ?

but the test panel Transaction ID field size is only 17 characters long ?

i changed the size but i get a white screen if i click on (Test IPN).

i changed the error enable settings in application_top.inc.php, but no error wars reportet.

what is wrong ? where shell i start search ?

hope someone can help my .

regards kai

Hi All,

I've had no end of problems with paypal IPN, but still thought i would give it ago..however....

I;m still getting the error:

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

I am trying to such through the forums, but there is so much information i am yet to find a solution or teh cause. Can someone possibly shed some light on this error...i notice quite a few people have had it, but havent found a solution yet.

Best Regards

Donna

Hi All,

I've had no end of problems with paypal IPN, but still thought i would give it ago..however....

I;m still getting the error:

I am trying to such through the forums, but there is so much information i am yet to find a solution or teh cause. Can someone possibly shed some light on this error...i notice quite a few people have had it, but havent found a solution yet.

Best Regards

Donna

Hi Donna

There are many paypal ipn contribs.

This thread is for PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,paypal+ipn