The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I installed the Paypal IPN and I am currently testing it using the sand box.

I have a few questions:

In my admin area under "customers " there is a link "Paypal IPN", what is it for? In my case it doesn't show anything with my test transactions.

In the SandBox developper's area I receive emails notifications for each transaction I made but I read that I have to specify a url to be notified by the server and I have no idea what this url should be....

What is the "IPN Test Panel" ? Didn't see anything about while installing the contribution...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Lola

Ms2

Lola

Ok, I have searched hundreds of replies in this thread (and some others) but i cannot find the information i need.

I have installed version IPN v3.1.5 but i cannot get the total price OR an itemized list of the shopping cart. As a test i have continued to the next page in paypal and the customer information IS transferring correctly??

I have seen some threads about how oscommerce handles sessions can effect paypal and have tried turning off (and on) using safe urls and forcing cookies. But this does not seem to fix the problem.

I can only thing it has something to do with my security certificate. I use a shared certificate with my hosting package, could this be the problem (this is with powweb for those that also use them). Although it would'nt explain why the customer information is comming across but not the total or cart.

Is there some settings in paypal that i could have missed?

Would appreciate any help on this.

.....I have installed version IPN v3.1.5 but i cannot get the total price OR an itemized list of the shopping cart. As a test i have continued to the next page in paypal and the customer information IS transferring correctly??...

I figured out my own problem. In case someone else is having the same problem of the total amount not being passed to paypal then make sure the code for your currency in localized settings is exactly the same as that specified in the paypal module (in administration area). In my case for australian dollars i had AUS instead of AUD.

My next problem is that the tax is not transferring across. Seems like alot of people in this thread also have the same problem but through my searching no-one has answered them unless i missed it. Has anyone ran into this problem and fixed it?

Hello

I installed the Paypal IPN and I am currently testing it using the sand box.

I have a few questions:

In my admin area under "customers " there is a link "Paypal IPN", what is it for? In my case it doesn't show anything with my test transactions.

In the SandBox developper's area I receive emails notifications for each transaction I made but I read that I have to specify a url to be notified by the server and I have no idea what this url should be....

What is the "IPN Test Panel" ? Didn't see anything about while installing the contribution...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Lola

Ms2

Hi i havent really got into testing it yet but can give you some answers....

1. Paypal IPN under customers will list you payment notifications once you have any.

2. You dont need to specify a url to get it to work, as it says in FAQs for contribution.

3. IPN test panel, if you click on the ipn test panel in the payment module in admin and then on help it gives you instructions as to how to use it. Unless i am mistaken it basically lets you test the ipn without going through into paypals payment screen. It is basicually another testing environment without using sandbox.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hi i havent really got into testing it yet but can give you some answers....

1. Paypal IPN under customers will list you payment notifications once you have any.

2. You dont need to specify a url to get it to work, as it says in FAQs for contribution.

3. IPN test panel, if you click on the ipn test panel in the payment module in admin and then on help it gives you instructions as to how to use it. Unless i am mistaken it basically lets you test the ipn without going through into paypals payment screen. It is basicually another testing environment without using sandbox.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for your answer but I made a mistake, I am asking questions in the wrong thread, I previously installed the Paypal Shopping cart IPN and had so much trouble with that instead I installed PayPal IPN (oscommerce v1.1).

I have to find the right thread !

Thanks

Lola

Ms2

Lola

hello,

i just install OSC MS2 and PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN v3.1.5 .

everything work just find and i really apriciate that.

i use paypal sandbox to test my site but when i finish transaction with paypal (click on the pay button) it redirect me to index.php not the checkout_success.php.no "thank you" message of course and i was loged out automatically.

how can i fix this problem? any help please.

thanks in advance

I have Paypal IPN 1.1 installed and have set up the appropriate settings n the store side and Paypal side. We are testing $.01 ourchases for a live shop connection to paypal. The specific problem is as follows. We select a product to purchase and proceed to checkout. Specifically order 37 is created. It processes through checkout properly to Paypal. Paypal returens IPN to shop. Paypal sends email stating that the payment was recieved for invoice 37. I looked at my order in admin and at the customer level and there were 2 orders 37 & 38. Its almost like 2 orders instead of 1 are being created with only one being sent to paypal. The first order is the real one and the 2nd one stays at preprocessing forever. When I go back and check paypal it has no record of the even numbered one. We tried these 8 times and allways ended up with the extra order in the shop side staying at preprocessing. We ended up with successful orders on the paypal side for invoice numbers 37, 39, 41, 43, 45, 47, 49, 51 and 2 orders on the store side, the odd number processed successfully and the even number staying in pre-processing.

Any thoughts. We have been at it all night. Thanks, John

Edited by john0525

sounds like you have something installed incorrectly with the contribution, go back through it step by step.

We did try a reinstall from scratch and got the same issue. We installed IPN 1.1 for ms 2.2. Is there anything preceeding this contribution that needs to be installed first? Is there any patch that we are missing for 1.1? Thanks, any help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me, my IPN install does not remove the item from inventory after the purchase...

I'm using the 3.1.5 version of this, the April 18th version(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753/category,all/search,paypal+ipn)

I was able to install it fine without any problems, it shows up in Admin properly and everything seemed to be working ok. I put off any real testing until last night and did a few test buys and I'm having a problem with the removal from inventory and I'm not sure where this portion is handled.

I created a pair of Sandbox accounts, one a premiere/business and one a regular user. I set the premiere account as the store, set it it test mode and cart test both to Yes.

I go through the check-out process, put the item in my cart and proceed through checkout, it bumps me to the sandbox, I pay correctly and it returns me back to the store. The business account does receive the $$$ like its supposed to, the order shows in my admin console as pending, everything looks right but the item is still in the users cart and still shows up in the invetory like it never sold.

I went through the install docs and repeated the full procedure but its still not working. I don't mind troubleshooting it on my own but I don't know which file/step returns back to the store and updates the DB with the correct inventory count.

I have another small fluky problem which I might as well mention. In the Admin Console/Modules/Paypal - IPN Test Console the link for this points to catalog/admin/paypal.php... the problem is I changed my Admin path in both configure files but this is somehow pointing to the old location, if I replace Admin with the right name it works. Not a big problem but it makes me if something else is wrong...

Well I found a snippet of missing code in the checkout_process.php file and after fixing that I was able to complete a sale and it properly updates the shopping cart but the product quantity does not go down. In this case all items are only 1 of in the store so I can tell right away they are still available.

Anyone know offhand where this particular portion of the code resides?

• 3 weeks later...
Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pizzainn/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 72

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pizzainn/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 71

If anyone has same warning in their server's error logs and they are using Chemo's contribution to display page parse time along with this paypal ipn contrib., then simply add $debug=array(); in your includes/modules/payment/paypal/application_top.php

If anyone has same warning in their server's error logs and they are using Chemo's contribution to display page parse time along with this paypal ipn contrib., then simply add $debug=array(); in your includes/modules/payment/paypal/application_top.php

nm...did not fix the problem yet... :blink:

nm...did not fix the problem yet... :blink:

Sorry for the confusion. I know not many have this problem, but I did so I think others may as well. The error occurs in using paypal ipn in conjuction with Chemo's database queries mods.

The fix is to add $debug = array(); in includes/modules/payment/paypal/application_top.php. Just make sure to include that one line before the 'tep_db_connect();' function is called.

The multiple errors were causing my orders to not update in status when an IPN was received. This will fix the issue.

I have been running the latest version (1.2.1) of the IPN which seems to work fine, It passes from my site to PayPal and back to the Checkout Succes page quite seamlessly.

I am running it in the Sandbox. My confusion arises after reading the PayPal site. What is the PayPal Identity token for? And should I be receiving emails from the PayPal Sandbox alerting me that a payment has been received?

I already get emails from OSC alerting me to the sale, should I also get one from the Sandbox?

Looking for a little light on the matter please

Steve

How can I change the order process email that gets sent out so it is has our custom comments on it like the non-pay pal standard oscommerce one does? I need to remind customers of certain things in the order process email they get, it works for other payment methods but not Pay Pal. Anyone know?

:'(

I have installed the paypal 3.15 contribution, and it seems to be working great except for one thing....

'paypal orders that are not completed, are shown as pending in the customers history.. quite confusing...'

if a customer orders something, then progresses through to confirm the order, this then jumps to paypal, and thats great, the info is there of the customer, they can view cart contents etc, however, if the customer aborts at this stage, or carries through and cancels the transcation properly through paypal, then they can return to the merchant, which is great, they return to the checkout stage again, but.... osc has the order in the customers history, it does say pending, is this normal behaviour ? or not ?, I would think if this was a popular ecommerce website, and a few orders were coming in per day, then this would become quite confusing and time consuming to keep having to remove orders, that were cancelled before being paid for through paypal, not only confusing for the owner of the website, but also for the customer as they could be thinking, 'I am sure I cancelled this, but it shows in my order history as pending'....

I think I need some clarity on thta aspect...

cheers..

John.

Hi

I have been lurking on the forums for a few days now, and I haven't seen this question in any of the threads I've read.

I have the os commerce paypal IPN module installed (ver 1.2.1).

The issue is that when I turn on encryption in the admin console, and then make a test sale. I go to the checkout screen and select a payment method (the paypal IPN module). when i click continue, the next screen says "this page cannot be displayed".

When I elect to turn off the encryption, and go through the same process, it takes me to my sandbox test account.

Why is this? Can someone help me on this issue?

I'm pretty sure I have all the other settings correct, I have the public and private certificates listed correctly in the admin control panel, as well as a certificate ID. I left the working directly and the openssl directory as the default values.

I even backed up everything, and reinstalled os commerce, with just the IPN module, set everything up, but I run into the same error situation as described above. My webhost suggested to me that I needed a paypal merchant account. I didn't think so, but can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Scott

I am trying to get Papal IPN 3.15 working with Multi Vendor Shipping. Using a stock OSC payment module such as check/money order MVS works as designed. Using Paypal none of the features work. The Paypal IPN module seems to bypass some of the stock OSC files witch disables the additions made by the MVS contrib. I have gone over the code as best I can, but no luck.

Anybody here gotten them to work? Any suggestions? If it is a major job to do this I am willing to pay someone to do it.

Thanks

Sean

Well I found a snippet of missing code in the checkout_process.php file and after fixing that I was able to complete a sale and it properly updates the shopping cart but the product quantity does not go down.  In this case all items are only 1 of in the store so I can tell right away they are still available.

Anyone know offhand where this particular portion of the code resides?

Hi

I am having exactly the same trouble myself. Would appreicate it if you could post what the snippet of missing code in checkout_process.php was? Also, did you have any luck getting the stock quantity to decrease after a PayPal purchase?

Marg :)

DEVOSC, Please - How can I add comments to order emails? I've changed the normal order process email but when they pay with Pay Pal the difference does not show - PLEASE ADVISE.

Check the /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypay_ipn.php file. You'll notice around line 506 that that's where the email code starts. Good luck and hopefully this helps.

mike