osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, for some reason Firefox was not posting the whole message so I had to switch over to IE.....

I have these two versions of PayPal Payment modules installed:

$Id: paypal_ipn.php,v 1.1.2.10 2004/12/01 02:41:26 hpdl Exp $

$Id: paypal.php,v 2.8 2004/09/11 devosc Exp $

Since their installation I have not really been following their further development. Are they still good or should critical changes be made? I am looking for one PayPal payment module to use and standardize on. I know there are at least two out there, so I am just looking for some guidance as to which one is better and receives the most support. Thanks!!

-Aaron

I thought i found a problem with my configre.php files and the sql db's pw. but that didn't seem to help.  I have 2 other stores running IPN and this one is the ony one giving me trouble with the transaction activity.  this is the only store with ccgv also, so i dunno  :(

Guys I think ive solved it!!!

The delay in responding came about because I started examining everything to try and work out why it wasn't working.

Well it turns out that the main shop seems to be OK, in terms of installation, but I had missed a couple of files (it must have been late at night when I installed it) in the admin section.

The file I replaced was order.php in admin/includes/classes - and VOILA!!

WOOHOOO!!!

Now hopefully, if ive done it right it will be fine from now on.

Thanks for your help...

xbox maybe you should check the admin side of your installation. Let me know if you find your problem.

-- Raj

So far so good except that I am getting a Parse Error in the Admin Area/ Customers/Orders;

Parse error: parse error in /../catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line 51

Here is the line it is referring to:

'id' => $order['customers_id'],

and here are few lines above and below..

'orders_status' => $order['orders_status'],
                         'last_modified' => $order['last_modified']);
                        //begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
                        //end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
                             'company' => $order['customers_company'],
                             'street_address' => $order['customers_street_address'],

I actually retyped the line in as I didn't see anything wrong with it.. but I am still getting it..

Any idea's??

Thanks a bunch. I figured it would be useless to try testing when the IPN part is getting an error before I start.. (and so far that is the only error! Yippeee

Petal

Hello,

I just installed the paypal IPN. Everythign is working fine. I m getting emails from paypal that customer has paid. But there is a  problem... The email shows the Item Title title as my store name. It is not showing the item name in item title.

Can anyone tell me what is goign wrong?? Plz..

Thank you.

NOT sure if this is what you mean, but this is in the Instructions regarding the Title:

Include a note with payment

When a customer arrives at the PayPal payment page you can choose whether or not to show them another note field which will have seperate contents to that of the one provided in your store's checkout procress but will be included in PayPal's invoice and receipt.

To change the title appearing above this field on the PayPal payment page look in the corresponding catalog langauge file (../catalog/includes/langauges/english/modules/payment/paypal.php).

Petal

Oh Geez, you know sometimes you just have to be smarter than what you are working with! LOL .. I missed one of the inserts in the classes/order.php.. so I was getting the parse error.

Petal

If you are getting things like TEXT_CUSTOMER_ID check your Defines in your English files and elsewhere that is typically the problem. Something is not being defined properly.

Petal

Wiped out the OverwriteAndRun/install and redid the contrib install by hand - install went fine with no error messages at all.

So the OverWriteAndRun didnt work for me.....

Dan

Dan make sure you uploaded the Paypal Dirctory in the Modules/Payment directory. That is where that file is.

Petal

Well here are my issues. If anyone has any suggestions - please do tell :wub:

I have the admin/paypal configuration set to the sandbox to test, but when I go to do an order it takes me to paypal.com not sandbox.paypal.com ?? Totally do not understand why.. ??

When a new member signs up, and you input the State info, it gives an error on the next page stating that I have to enter a State from the drop down box (that was not there before or on the previous page) AND the only option is United States :blink:

It is doing the same thing in the Admin /Customers area if you click to look at the info and to edit. ANY suggestions or fixes? It was not doing that pre-paypal IPN contrib.

Also I entered an order but haven't completed it, so should it be showing that order in the Admin area even tho it has not been processed by the customer? I have clicked the link to complete but then backed out of Paypal because I was at the real Paypal not the sandbox.

Thanks a bunch

Petal

So far so good except that I am getting a Parse Error in the Admin Area/ Customers/Orders;

Parse error: parse error in /../catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line 51

Here is the line it is referring to: 

and here are few lines above and below..

'orders_status' => $order['orders_status'],
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'last_modified' => $order['last_modified']);
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? //begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'id' => $order['customers_id'],
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? //end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'company' => $order['customers_company'],
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'street_address' => $order['customers_street_address'],

I actually retyped the line in as I didn't see anything wrong with it.. but I am still getting it..

Any idea's??

Thanks a bunch. I figured it would be useless to try testing when the IPN part is getting an error before I start.. (and so far that is the only error! Yippeee

Petal

There's a semicolon and closing bracket here:

'last_modified' => $order['last_modified']);

Try replacing them with a comma and putting a semicolon and closing bracket at the end of the block:

'street_address' => $order['customers_street_address']);

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have just installed Paypal IPN contrib. Looks like its working (no errors as such).

Just went thru ordering a product... i got thru the paypal bit and get an email from paypal for the receipt.

But my shopping cart still says the order is pending. And I cant see and IPN details nor did I get any emails from my shop.

When I have a look at the order in the admin section it says..

No PayPal Transaction Information Available (47b0dc7b05f485c73967d5a0b89e9) ??

Any ideas??

Thanks

Edited by drljames

The more I look at trying to get this to work correctly, they more I think that it isn't.. LOL. Im not getting anymore errors, BUT, on the customer side, it is almost as if it is not the Paypal IPN .. it acts more like the paypal mod that is installed with OCS..

In my shopping cart, there are no credit card logo's like the script says it is calling.. I still haven't gotten it to go to the sandbox.paypal.com site even tho it is set to do that.. and some other stuff..

Can anyone tell me what actually goes in the Digest Key in the admin IPN mod setup area?? Is that my paypal key? Or one that I create?? totally confused.

Thanks for any input..

Petal.

PS>>> For those of you that are having the Transaction Detail problems.. did you see at the Contrib download someone uploaded a fix for that??

I keep getting emails like this.

------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Post

An unknown POST from 24.249.188.174 was received.

Are you running any tests?

PayPal Response

PayPal - Welcome.

About 10 of these emails a day somtimes 10 within 1 minute.... The orders are showing up in the orders table.. but no ipn data is ever listed? Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Edited by obuwebco

Progressive Web Design and Flash Opt-in Email Marketing Campaigns.

Arizona Web Design | obu Web Technologies, inc.

I keep getting emails like this.

Unknown Post

An unknown POST from 24.249.188.174 was received.

Are you running any tests?

PayPal Response

PayPal - Welcome.

About 10 of these emails a day somtimes 10 within 1 minute.... The orders are showing up in the orders table.. but no ipn data is ever listed?  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Make sure you have the Paypal IPN Configs set correctly.. That looks like an email notice I saw in the Test Panel Directory. Are you getting Transaction details for the sales in the Admin area?

Also set your debug email as a separate email .. like [email protected] so you can filter them.

Petal

How do I upgrade from 3.0a to 3.5 Paypal shoping cart IPN?

I'm thinking I jsut have to copy over the files since I already made the code changes, but to I have to uninstall and reinstall in my admin section?

I need some help with problems I am having with this ipn module. I tried searching through the forums but finding specific information is difficult so hopefully someone can point me to the right direction.

1. Discounts are not applied to the total being passed to paypal. It shows up as discounted in the cart but when the customer goes to pay with paypal it is the full amount. I tried the fixes outlined here but the problem persists.

2. my second problem is I am using IP Recorder to record the IP's of people who place orders. I noticed while testing it last night that the IP/ISP is not being recorded. I am not a php coder but I am assuming the variables are not being passed when the window goes to paypal? Does anyone have information on a fix for this?

I need some help with problems I am having with this ipn module. I tried searching through the forums but finding specific information is difficult so hopefully someone can point me to the right direction.

1. Discounts are not applied to the total being passed to paypal. It shows up as discounted in the cart but when the customer goes to pay with paypal it is the full amount. I tried the fixes outlined  here but the problem persists.

2. my second problem is I am using IP Recorder to record the IP's of people who place orders. I noticed while testing it last night that the IP/ISP is not being recorded. I am not a php coder but I am assuming the variables are not being passed when the window goes to paypal? Does anyone have information on a fix for this?

k, I found out how to fix the discount coupons, just changed it to aggregate but still need help with the ip recorder

Guys I think ive solved it!!!

The delay in responding came about because I started examining everything to try and work out why it wasn't working.

Well it turns out that the main shop seems to be OK, in terms of installation, but I had missed a couple of files (it must have been late at night when I installed it) in the admin section.

The file I replaced was order.php in admin/includes/classes - and VOILA!!

WOOHOOO!!!

Now hopefully, if ive done it right it will be fine from now on.

Thanks for your help...

xbox maybe you should check the admin side of your installation. Let me know if you find your problem.

-- Raj

Ok so The problem the whole time with the transaction activity not showing up was i forgot a "," between payment_id and last_modified

payment_id, last_modified from