• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

The IPN module verifies that the person receiving the money is who it is expected to be as specified by the storeowner for their 'Primary Email Address' and their Business ID... this is compared to the IPN information that PayPal provides in the IPN... so if they do not match then the IPN is ignored by the IPN module.... Prior to this test the IPN received is POSTed back to PayPal for PayPal to verify that they themselves actually sent the IPN.... So sending spoof IPNs is pratically impossible since the information is being posted directly back to PayPal for verification.

If you are receiving duff IPNs... contact PayPal.

Have you got the debug emails for these IPNs ?

Steve.... enable your other payment modules.... I' think you'll find the order totals don't work as expected for them also ?

G.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I have Paypal IPN v0.981 for Milestone 2. and everything works fine.

The boss wants to have the email notifications to state what was ordered not just the order number, because he does not want to go directly into osC admin everytime an order comes up.

I am quickly realizing that there is a more current version out there but kinda don't want to fix what is not broken.

all I need to do is add an additional line to the email notification code in the catalog/paypal_ipn.php. just don't know how to pull that field in.

I had tried to make a change but stoped recieving the email notification until I changed it back.

So I don't know what I am doing but I tried.. help?

The IPN module verifies that the person receiving the money is who it is expected to be as specified by the storeowner for their 'Primary Email Address' and their Business ID... this is compared to the IPN information that PayPal provides in the IPN... so if they do not match then the IPN is ignored by the IPN module.... Prior to this test the IPN received is POSTed back to PayPal for PayPal to verify that they themselves actually sent the IPN.... So sending spoof IPNs is pratically impossible since the information is being posted directly back to PayPal for verification.

If you are receiving duff IPNs... contact PayPal.

Have you got the debug emails for these IPNs ?

Steve.... enable your other payment modules.... I' think you'll find the order totals don't work as expected for them also ?

There are no IPNs for these orders; it looks like perhaps they are somehow getting around the entire IPN system. In the order detail, the PayPal box shows "No PayPal Transaction Information Available", yet the order status was changed from "Pending" to "Processing" (which is our "completed" state until the product is shipped).

In our case it's more of a problem, because upon receipt of a good order (ie, when the system changes the status from "pending" to "processing") we send out serial # & download information.

Hi guys,

I have Paypal IPN v0.981 for Milestone 2.  and everything works fine.

The boss wants to have the email notifications to state what was ordered not just the order number, because he does not want to go directly into osC admin everytime an order comes up.

I am quickly realizing that there is a more current version out there but kinda don't want to fix what is not broken.

all I need to do is add an additional line to the email notification code in the catalog/paypal_ipn.php.  just don't know how to pull that field in.

I had tried to make a change but stoped recieving the email notification until I changed it back.

So I don't know what I am doing but I tried..  help?

I don't follow; the I used to use the IPN v0.981 contribution and it's email notifications included a line item for each item purchased; we filled orders off those emails w/o having to refer to the admin area.

Does anyone know why we can receive paypal payments from orders and the customer receives the order email from osc; however, the order isnt emailed to us nor does the order appear on the backend period. when i saw the order doesnt appear it doesnt seem as its inserting the order into the db.

I recently installed the paypal_ipn contribution which I thought was the most recent version. After trying to figure out several issues and reading through this lenghty thread, I dedided to check my version.... Looking at the paypal_ipn file, I see that I have version 1.1.2.10 .

Looking the list of contribution versions, I see that we are at no less than v3.1.5.

I am not sure how that happened as I usually make a point of using the most recent version of anything.

Here is my question.

Should I start all over and install the most recent module? Should I try and patch with various code snipets?

My IPN is working , but I am not getting shipping address info back from paypal when the transaction leaves the cart, goes to paypal and then comes back from paypal.

If I start all over.... whicH I am seriously considering, can I leave this module in place and install the new one..... are the file name s the same or will OSCommerce think it is a totally different module? What about the database tables too?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You - Mikeyb

G`day mates, i installed the last version and it is working great so far BUT:

i got one prob. if a customer is using paypal and he will not pay direct - then the stock is not reduced (the stock will only be reduced, when the paypal verification arrived) - when now a customer pay a order direct then the stock is reduced, but if there is only one article then the customer which was using paypal before had bad cards. so the second customer bought the same article, beacuse paypal ipn only reduce the stock after paypal send the transaction - confirmatrion code ..

so what can we do to solve this ??

regads joerg

ok i fixed that - it was my fault :-)

but when the customer will be redirected to paypal and then (after the payment) returned to the shop he comes to the shopping_cart.php but he is still looked out - in the older version 2.6 it was working fine and the customer get the meesage -thank you for shopping ....

and a other problem is:

i turned this feature on: This feature is only available when synchronizing invoices with PayPal, but when the customer click to this link and wants to order again via paypal paypal shows a message the amount is not in the right format ....

and ideas ..would be great

many thx joerg

G`day mates, i installed the last version and it is working great so far BUT:

i got one prob. if a customer is using paypal and he will not pay direct - then the stock is not reduced (the stock will only be reduced, when the paypal verification arrived) - when now a customer pay a order direct then the stock is reduced, but if there is only one article then the customer which was using paypal before had bad cards. so the second customer bought the same article, beacuse paypal ipn only reduce the stock after paypal send the transaction - confirmatrion code ..

so what can we do to solve this ??

regads joerg

G?day,

could someone help me with that ???????????????????????

but when the customer will be redirected to paypal and then (after the payment) returned to the shop he comes to the shopping_cart.php but he is still looked out - in the older version 2.6 it was working fine and the customer get the meesage -thank you for shopping ....

and a other problem is:

i turned this feature on: This feature is only available when synchronizing invoices with PayPal, but when the customer click to this link and wants to order again via paypal paypal shows a message the amount is not in the right format ....

many thx joerg

I have sucessfully installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 but the problem im having is I have tax setup in oscommerce and when the transaction amount goes to paypal its not including the tax, can anyone please help me out. EG in oscommerce the total sale amount is $495, but when you goto payment through paypal, paypal is only processing a transaction for $450.

Some help would be great.

Cheers

Aaron

hello All, any one got paypal ipn  v3.1.5 working with QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

your help is greatly appreciated

thankyou

Yes, I've got both of them working fine. Please see my previous post.

hey budy can you please tell me how did you fix QT Pro with paypa ipn.

i have read your posts but cant find any solution.

thankx

Is anyone using this Paypal IPN module with QT Pro? 

Now that I've got the Paypal IPN setup and working, I'm going to embark on QT Pro.  I tried it once before and couldn't get it to work, but now that I've had alot more experience with Oscommerce, I'd like to try it again.

I'm running an apparel website, and I need inventorying based upon product attributes.

Example.  Men's shirt will have two attributes, color and size.  I need to do inventory on each color's size.  Otherwise, Oscommerce is kind of useless if you have an apparel site.

Anyways, thanks again for the development of this payment module.  Top Notch.

The only weird thing that I did notice is that when I had 1 item (say a hat) and an order went through with the new Paypal IPN module.  When I the test customer returned back to my site, the Hat had disappeared, and looking around in the admin console, the hat had been set as inactive...even though I've set Oscommerce to display out of stock prodcuts.

Any ideas on out of stock products?

My other out of stock products are showing up, but since this one was "processed" it was set as inactive.

any ideas ????????????

and a other problem is:

and a other problem is:

many thx joerg

Hi, was wondering if I could get some help...

I was in the process of manually changing an orders status to processing in my admin panel and got this error...

Warning: notifycustomer(/mnt/web_i/d23/s40/b0232bcd/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/languages//checkout_process.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/web_i/d23/s40/b0232bcd/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/Order.class.php on line 219

Warning: notifycustomer(): Failed opening '/mnt/web_i/d23/s40/b0232bcd/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/languages//checkout_process.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/web_i/d23/s40/b0232bcd/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/Order.class.php on line 219

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_i/d23/s40/b0232bcd/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/Order.class.php:219) in /mnt/web_i/d23/s40/b0232bcd/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

The first two errors I have no idea how to fix. The header error is because of whitespace in the file I believe? If so, fixed that. Anyways, I went to the line number specified in the first two errors and I have no idea how to rectify this problem. It seems it can't open checkout_process.php because of the extra backslash which is not supposed to be there. I tried to fix this problem myself, thinking an extra slash was in there by accident but that was not the case. This is what is on line 219 in Order.class.php.

include($this->checkoutProcessLanguageFile);

Any ideas?

I am having all kinds of problems. Im upgrading one level at a time from 2.8 and I got as far as 2.9. The structure is all different and the database adjustments are not going well either. What I want to do is to come current, is there any package that could upgrade from 2.8 right to 3.1.5?

I would not even do the upgrade but it is a must correct? Things are not working with paypal and my website with the 2.8 version installed. Would you recommend just doing a clean overwrite of all files included in the 3.1.5 version and then trying to update the sql accordingly? The sql is the only part im afraid to mess with since it has so much customer data involved.

I'm getting desperate. I have opened a scriptlance project so if anyone here knows how you may get paid for the answer.

https://www.scriptlance.com/cgi-bin/freelan...i?id=1117188091

Thanks.

Does anyone know how to make line 354 in checkout_confirmation.php open a new window?  I have tried very very unsuccessfully.

Thanks

$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

I tried several steps including the below mess to no avail.

$form_action_url = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL') . '" target="_blank">' . '</a>';

I got the idea from another mod that shows this code to open a window.

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a>

Hi all,

Have started to receive orders from customers. I have noticed that i do not receive an order e-mail from my site when one is placed. It works fine when someone chooses to pay by cheque, however when someone uses paypal, i only get a notification that i have received money, along with the order(with no customer address). I am relying on customers creating an account to get this information. Have not installed any new contributions lately so not sure why it isn't working now. I did receive an order email from one customer who purchased through paypal, so i cant understand why this isnt the same for my other customers.

The last contribution i had installed was purchase without account. Is there something in this which is causing a conflict?

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Cheryl

First, my "free" order with paypal problem I believe was caused by a bug concerning currencies. See http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145918 for info & fix

So, now I have a bug I can't figure out. It would seem it has to be something I changed recently, but I'm stuck on how to locate it. The problem comes when I try to delete a paypal order in the admin. Here is what I get:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/modules/payment/paypal/database_tables.inc.php:51) in /admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 86

The problem is that line 51 in the paypal file is the last line of the file (ie, a blank line) and line 86 is also not the problem, as it reads:

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

So I am hoping someone else has created a similar problem with their paypal installation or someone can at least point me in the direction of how to find where the real problem lies.

Thanks!

I have installed 3.15 Contribution of PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN.

I am not receiving any errors (cross fingers). However, I cannot properly test. The Guide with the contribution has instructions that do not match what I see in my admin area so I can use the Test Panel. PUZZLING!

So are my customers SOL until they report an error since I cannot test the PayPal module (can't even send funds to myself...PayPal won't let me)?

The information here in the support forum is meager, to say the least. Apparently no one has actually used the Test Panel?

java script:emoticon(":'(")

I have installed 3.15 Contribution of PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN.

I am not receiving any errors (cross fingers). However, I cannot properly test. The Guide with the contribution has instructions that do not match what I see in my admin area so I can use the Test Panel. PUZZLING!

So are my customers SOL until they report an error since I cannot test the PayPal module (can't even send funds to myself...PayPal won't let me)?

The information here in the support forum is meager, to say the least. Apparently no one has actually used the Test Panel?

java script:emoticon(":'(")

I do "live" paypal tests all the time; I prefer that over using my CC processor as I don't have to pay any fees (w/my CC processor I get charged ~.50 for the charge and the debit, total cost ~$1.00 per test).

All you have to do is turn on the "don't require a paypal account" option in your mechant profile. Then when you get to the paypal site a "don't use account" button will be available and you can pay via credit card. When you refund the charge on paypal all fees are included. :D

hello guys, i have installed paypal ipn v3.1.5 and its working fine. The only problem i am having is it does not substract the quantity from QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional.

i have already added qtp code to \includes\modules\payment\paypal\classes\osC\Order.class.php file

but its still not working.

can any one please help me out

thankyou

This is the code to open a new window when you have agree to terms installed.

<?php

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {

$form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;

} else {

}

$add_param = "";

if ($$payment->code == "paypal") {$add_param = " target='_blank'";};

$add_param .= ' onsubmit="return check_agree(this);"';

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post', $add_param);

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {

echo $payment_modules->process_button();

}

?>

Does anyone know how to make line 354 in checkout_confirmation.php open a new window?  I have tried very very unsuccessfully.

Thanks

I tried several steps including the below mess to no avail.

$form_action_url = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL') . '" target="_blank">' . '</a>';

I got the idea from another mod that shows this code to open a window.

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a>