• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

hi,

before you read please understand i have been searching the internet and oscommece for many hours but cannot find the solution

i have installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.0a on my site everything appears to be working ( i hope ) anyway when i get transferred to the paypal payment screen the total amount out the cart does not complete - is there a simple code change i need to make or something else i need to install ?? please any help would be great ASAP please

Thanks Alot.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have installed 3.1 over ms2.2 in the main folder not catalog folder and have read through this forum a bit.

i wanted to use the built in test and it didn't work. i have errors enabled

i put the long paypal id number in both custom and transaction_id field set to web accept and click the test buttom

i am redirected to ipn.php but i get error

Warning: main(payment/paypal/classes/Client/Connector.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/IPN/IPN.class.php on line 21

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'payment/paypal/classes/Client/Connector.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/IPN/IPN.class.php on line 21

IPN.class.php exists and line 20 and 21 are

$modules_directory = defined('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES') ? DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES : DIR_WS_MODULES;

require_once($modules_directory . 'payment/paypal/classes/Client/Connector.class.php');

also when i want to configure this module can i set the Business ID to the same as primary email regardless of the setting in pay pal or i have to set it based on what is in my paypal account and if so to what value

thank you for your time and effort looking forward to testing it

Which currencies are you using ? for now just use the cart in Aggregate mode. Re currencies, your store must have atleast one currency supported by PayPal.... Try upgrading to 3.1.1 you will be able to spcify in the admin which currency to use as default if the customer chooses a currency not supported by PayPal.

Looks like there might be a problem with your DIR_WS_MODULES in catalog/includes/configure.php... In the warning msg above you should of got the full path to the Connector.class.php file, at the moment the bit that would come from DIR_WS_MODULES is missing.

Re Business ID, what matters is if you set your Business ID to an address different to your Primary Email Address... so if your Primary Email Address is say [email protected] and you also have another email address registered with PayPal say [email protected] and you would like your customers to see your Business ID rather than your possibly more personal Primary Email Address, then you must ensure that your Primary Email is set to [email protected], and your business id being [email protected]. But there is nothing wrong if you have both set to [email protected], it will still work.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

thank you i made a littlt change and i got the test ipn to work

require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG.DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/classes/Client/Connector.class.php');

i just tested a bit and it works on complete orders but i get this error about 20 times

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pizzainn/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 71

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pizzainn/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 72

line 71 and 72 are

$debug['QUERIES'][] = $query;
$debug['TIME'][] = $_time;

is there a way of fixing it and more important would it effect real ipn from paypal

if you have any insight in this i would appreciate

nana, I wouldn't neccessarily try and make any changes, but first try to see about both your catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php files, because if there is something wrong there this will affect other stuff too...

I caused an error in the Client Connector class in v3.1.1 so those using it should now use v3.1.2 which has been uploaded to the contributions section.... The problem should now be resolved, I didn't notice it previously because the Connector will first try and communicate to PayPal via cURL, later on I will tidy things up a bit more etc...

G.

Hello everyone,

I've just installed PayPal IPN v1.1 but am kind of lost on a few things. I'm hoping one of you will help me out here. My hosting uses a shared SSL, I have read the instructions given with the PP IPN and have searched the forums but haven't had any luck. With that said heres what I'm lost on:

Gateway Server

Live (I'm assuming this needs to be live?)

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

True (I'm assuming this needs to be set to true to use the SSL?)

Your Private Key

(Where in My PayPal account do I obtain this if needed?)

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl (Should this be set to the shared SSL location that I used for the set up of the shop? For example..https//pathway_to_ssl)

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks,

Mark

Anyone please? <_<

Hello everyone,

I've just installed PayPal IPN v1.1 but am kind of lost on a few things. I'm hoping one of you will help me out here. My hosting uses a shared SSL, I have read the instructions given with the PP IPN and have searched the forums but haven't had any luck. With that said heres what I'm lost on:

Gateway Server

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl (Should this be set to the shared SSL location that I used for the set up of the shop? For example..https//pathway_to_ssl)

Thanks,

Mark

Hi folks,

I just upgraded to the latest version and I am having trouble. In test mode I follow the instructions and place an order and take it all the way to paypal. In the order details:

Transaction Activity

Date  Status  Details  Action  Gross  Fee  Net Amount 

No PayPal Transaction Information Available (73e3d508ddc77ce5278f5fd88cc248c9) 

So I copy the number in () up there into the transaction ID and then when I click Test IPN the resulting ipn.php page gives me this error:

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select txn_id from paypal where txn_id = '73e3d508ddc77ce52' limit 0,1

[TEP STOP]

Any clues as to what is going on? It sends me a debug email from my attempt:

------------------------------------------------------

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN Debug Email Notification

business=***@luminousgifts.com

receiver_email=curlypinky@***.***

verify_sign=PAYPAL_SHOPPING_CART_IPN-TEST_TRANSACTION-00000000000000

payment_date=23:21:12 Mar 16, 2005 MST

digestKey=8bc62ea404f581940a1b3df742ea539a

first_name=John

last_name=Doe

payer_business_name=ACME Inc.

[email protected]

payer_id=PAYERID000000

payer_status=verified

invoice=

address_name=John Doe

address_street=1 Way Street

address_city=NeverNever

address_state=CA

address_zip=12345

address_country=United States

address_status=confirmed

payment_type=instant

txn_type=cart

custom=1

txn_id=73e3d508ddc77ce52

parent_txn_id=

num_cart_items=1

notify_version=1.6

memo=PAYPAL_SHOPPING_CART_IPN TEST

mc_currency=USD

mc_gross=43.85

mc_fee=0.01

settle_amount=0.00

settle_currency=

exchange_rate=0.00

payment_status=Completed

pending_reason=

reason_code=

submit=Test IPN

PayPal Response

INVALID

Connection Type

curl:  transport: tcp:// domain: www.paypal.com port: 80

Email and Business ID config

Store Configuration Settings

Primary PayPal Email Address: [email protected] Business ID: [email protected]

PayPal Configuration Settings

Primary PayPal Email Address: [email protected] Business ID: [email protected]

Attention!

This is email has NOT been sent by PayPal.

You have received this email via the osCommerce PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN Contribution

To discontinue receiving this notice disable 'Debug Email Notifications' in your osCommerce PayPal configuration panel.

Any clues as to why I am losing connection with my database? Thank you!

Alane

Hello everyone,

Gateway Server

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

Thanks,

Mark

I have installed this payment module and I am struggling with the private & public keys etc. However, to get you to where I am -

Change the server to test.

Go to Paypal site and log in or (sign up)

Down the bottom there is a link (developers)

Near the top, another link - paypal web Services, Developer Central , Sandbox

Again, log-in or sign-up.

It is here you can test payments etc. It holds any emails generated by paypal so you don't get confused with any of your live sites.

You can generate keys and certfifcates.

This hopefully, moves you on from your headache and allows you to join me in mine!

This module is giving me problems to. I messed around for 4 hours tonight and think I might have figured it out. I don't know exactly what I am doing, but this is what I have tried and it seems to work so far. I will test it more tomorrow.

Most importantly, this doesn't seem to work in the test mode. I think this can be done in the test mode by following all the steps and doing it in the developers account at developer.paypal.com. If you do this there, you setup a bogus premiere account and do all the steps below. Just realize, you will have to do them again when you do your real account.

I did this all in my real PayPal account, not my development account, so I can't test it all the way through. When changing from testing to live, I got all the way to the order page with the correct information, but I can't order because I can't pay and send to the same account.

1) Logged into PayPal.

2) Under My Account, I went to Profile

3) Under Account Information, I click API access

4) I created an API certificate and downloaded it

5) It appears the certificate contains two parts in a text document, a RSA key and a certificate.

6) I made two copies of this and edited them in notepad. One file I kept the top half which is the RSA key and deleted the bottom half. I saved this file under a name I chose and used a pem extension (must change notepads default from *.txt to *.*). For instance, you can use aaa.pem.

7) I opened the second file and deleted the top half and kept the bottom half which is the certificate. I then saved it with a pem extension like bbb.pem.

8) Go back to PayPal, in my account, profile, I went to the column in selling preferences. I clicked encrypted payment settings.

9) I scrolled down to the part in which it asked for my public certificate and I clicked add. I then added the certificate file I did using notepad, in this example it would be bbb.pem. Once loaded, you will see its good and it will give you information on it.

10) I scrolled up in the same area and downloaded the PayPal public certificate.

11) I changed the name of the PayPal certificate from a .txt file to a .pem file using notepads saveas feature and I shortened the name, like ccc.pem.

12) I went back to my account, profile, and went to the first column, account information. I clicked API access, and clicked view API certificate (as I already created it)

13) I Wrote down the API account name.

14a) I opened my FTP program and created a new sub-directory in my catalog directory, for instance, certkeys. I FTP'd the 3 files I created to this subdirectory, in this example, it is aaa.pem, bbb.pem, and ccc.pem.

14b) I created a new subdirectory in my catalog directory for my temporary files, we will call it temporary.

15) I went into my OSCommerce admin area, under modules, payment, and went into the new PayPal module.

16) I enabled encrypted web payments

17) Under the private key, I gave it the route to the file which starts with a forward slash /. So for instance, /mycompany/certkeys/aaa.pem

18) Under the public certificate, I gave it the route to the file which starts with a forward slash /. So for instance, /mycompany/certkeys/bbb.pem

19) Under the paypal public certificate, I gave it the route to the file which starts with a forward slash /. So for instance, /mycompany/certkeys/ccc.pem

20) Under your paypal public certificate ID, I entered in the exact API account name I got from paypal in step 13.

21) Under working directory, I gave it the path for the directory I created in step 14 b starting with a forward slash /. In this case, /mycompany/temporary

22) Under open SSL location, I gave it the same SSL as was in my configuration files which can be found in catalog/includes/configure.php. In this case, it could be https://mycompany.com

23) I clicked update

24) I tested it out and I got through to PayPal with no errors but I am too tired to test it more.

Please share your experiences.

Hi , :'(

I just upgraded the Paypal IPN cart from 3.0a to 3.1.2, but i found an abnormal behaviour during checkout.

I tried to buy a product via PayPal IPN at first time successfully. If i continue to buy second product , after product selected , i found that not only the second product but also the pervious bought and paid product still show in my cart content.

Thus, i click the box to remove the first pervious product and update the cart content again and then continue to confirm the order. After i press the confirm button, it will go back to "Cart Content" page but not go to PayPal and also the cart is "empty".

I tested that once the "update cart" has pressed, such abnornmal behaviour will happen. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks, :(

Anita.

Welcome to vist my Site:

Anita.

Greetings All !

I have just installed the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN version 3.1.2.

I'm following the instructions on the FAQ for this contribution.. where it talks about using PayPal's "sandbox" testing environment.

How do I use PayPal's Sandbox.

Register with PayPal Developer Central

Then create two virtual accounts types:

Personal Account

Premier or Business Account

Confirm both accounts (each is just a single click option).

Transfer some virtual money into your personal account (Click the add funds link).

Emails to both accounts will appear in the section where you initially login into the PayPal Developer Central, no real emails are sent so the email addresses for your virtual accounts should be fictitious.

Now in your osCommerce->Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal configuration section

Enter the virtual business account email address into both the Primary Email Address and Business ID fields

Set the domain to www.sandbox.paypal.com

Now checkout as a customer via the store, this account should have a real email address (so that you can receive the osC customer order confirmation email), and when you arrive at the PayPal Sandbox site (look for their logo) then login using the virtual personal account details and finalize the payment process.

OK, so I've done this. In fact, I've tested this a couple of times, encountered a couple of minor problems, then cleaned them up.

However, I've just done a clean order via my store and payment via the sandbox system. It threw me back to checkup_success.php and everything from the customer's point-of-view looks fine.

However, I go into Admin under Orders and I see the order, but it's still in a "Pending" status, although it has already been paid for. I look under PayPal IPN's and I see no new ones.

I check my email mailbox that I've got debug level messages funneled to. And there I see several emails that all say PayPal Status = VERIFIED at the end of them. And the payment_status= Completed.

So, I guess I'm wondering:

1) When I'm doing this sort of testing via the sandbox and debug emails turned on, isn't the system still suppossed to log a PayPal IPN entry and update the order's status? Or is this functionality bypassed for testing purposes?

2) If the system IS suppossed to be doing this and it's not, where should I look first to troubleshoot this?

Gee, if I can just get it to update the order status and log a true IPN record in OSC, I guess I'm home-free!

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Wow, If all these steps are true then it seems to me like there would be a "how to" for people new to ecommerce such as myself (maybe there is but not found easily in this big mess). Since I am getting no other help on this issue (big surprise there <_< ) I'll give that list a go and hopefully I'll have the same luck as you.

Thanks,

Mark

This module is giving me problems to. I messed around for 4 hours tonight and think I might have figured it out. I don't know exactly what I am doing, but this is what I have tried and it seems to work so far. I will test it more tomorrow.

Most importantly, this doesn't seem to work in the test mode. I think this can be done in the test mode by following all the steps and doing it in the developers account at developer.paypal.com. If you do this there, you setup a bogus premiere account and do all the steps below. Just realize, you will have to do them again when you do your real account.

I did this all in my real PayPal account, not my development account, so I can't test it all the way through. When changing from testing to live, I got all the way to the order page with the correct information, but I can't order because I can't pay and send to the same account.

1) Logged into PayPal.

2) Under My Account, I went to Profile

3) Under Account Information, I click API access

4) I created an API certificate and downloaded it

5) It appears the certificate contains two parts in a text document, a RSA key and a certificate.

6) I made two copies of this and edited them in notepad. One file I kept the top half which is the RSA key and deleted the bottom half. I saved this file under a name I chose and used a pem extension (must change notepads default from *.txt to *.*). For instance, you can use aaa.pem.

7) I opened the second file and deleted the top half and kept the bottom half which is the certificate. I then saved it with a pem extension like bbb.pem.

8) Go back to PayPal, in my account, profile, I went to the column in selling preferences. I clicked encrypted payment settings.

9) I scrolled down to the part in which it asked for my public certificate and I clicked add. I then added the certificate file I did using notepad, in this example it would be bbb.pem. Once loaded, you will see its good and it will give you information on it.

10) I scrolled up in the same area and downloaded the PayPal public certificate.

11) I changed the name of the PayPal certificate from a .txt file to a .pem file using notepads saveas feature and I shortened the name, like ccc.pem.

12) I went back to my account, profile, and went to the first column, account information. I clicked API access, and clicked view API certificate (as I already created it)

13) I Wrote down the API account name.

14a) I opened my FTP program and created a new sub-directory in my catalog directory, for instance, certkeys. I FTP'd the 3 files I created to this subdirectory, in this example, it is aaa.pem, bbb.pem, and ccc.pem.

14b) I created a new subdirectory in my catalog directory for my temporary files, we will call it temporary.

15) I went into my OSCommerce admin area, under modules, payment, and went into the new PayPal module.

16) I enabled encrypted web payments

17) Under the private key, I gave it the route to the file which starts with a forward slash /. So for instance, /mycompany/certkeys/aaa.pem

18) Under the public certificate, I gave it the route to the file which starts with a forward slash /. So for instance, /mycompany/certkeys/bbb.pem

19) Under the paypal public certificate, I gave it the route to the file which starts with a forward slash /. So for instance, /mycompany/certkeys/ccc.pem

20) Under your paypal public certificate ID, I entered in the exact API account name I got from paypal in step 13.

21) Under working directory, I gave it the path for the directory I created in step 14 b starting with a forward slash /. In this case, /mycompany/temporary

22) Under open SSL location, I gave it the same SSL as was in my configuration files which can be found in catalog/includes/configure.php. In this case, it could be https://mycompany.com

23) I clicked update

24) I tested it out and I got through to PayPal with no errors but I am too tired to test it more.

Please share your experiences.

The problem is that you are asking for support the module you are using in the wrong thread.

I'll try and respond to the others in a little while.

I've actually uploaded a v3.1.4, it mainly is just an update to the client connector class, I've tried to improve things from a programming point of view, and also to use the best (securest) methods of communicating with PayPal first, tcp and http being the last two methods...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753

This is the wrong thread? :blink: It says its the PayPal IPN thread! Now I'm really confused..lol! I will look for your response and thank you very much!

Mark

The problem is that you are asking for support the module you are using in the wrong thread.

I'll try and respond to the others in a little while.

I've actually uploaded a v3.1.4, it mainly is just an update to the client connector class, I've tried to improve things from a programming point of view, and also to use the best (securest) methods of communicating with PayPal first, tcp and http being the last two methods...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753

thank you Gregory i found my problem in the configure.php

and got it working but i still get the error

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pizzainn/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 72

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/pizzainn/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 71

it does not have any effect that i can see as of now

for maquar look here

Edited by nana

I proved that the new version of IPN cart (3.1.X) cannot reset the pervious finsihed transcation product's content stored in shopping_cart.php if completed the transcation by paypal IPN.

Even if you are logout and login the customer account again, all pervious products which paid by paypal are still stored in "what's in my cart" page.

If you click the "update cart" button for removing the old products and continue the process to confirm order for the new one, as a result it will go back to "what's in my cart" page again with the message of "Your Shopping Cart is Empty" once you press the "confirm order" button.

On the other hand for verify, if i first time paid for my selected product by "money/check" Order method , the first product cannot be found in cart content for second time process. It seemed to be only happened in paypal IPN only.

If i fall back to IPN Cart 3.0a, whole the transcation process is OK.

Rds,

Anita.

Hi , :'(

I just upgraded the Paypal IPN cart from 3.0a to 3.1.2, but i found an abnormal behaviour during checkout.

I  tried to buy a product via PayPal IPN at first time successfully. If i continue to buy second product , after product selected , i found that not only the second product but also the pervious bought and paid product still show in my cart content.

Thus, i click the box to remove the first pervious product and update the cart content again and then continue to confirm the order. After i press the confirm button, it will go back to "Cart Content" page but not go to PayPal and also the cart is "empty".

I tested that once the "update cart" has pressed, such abnornmal behaviour will happen. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks, :(

Anita.

Welcome to vist my Site:

Anita.

The encryption / certificates that the othe module uses is nothing more than a 'mask'.

This contribution creates its own md5 digest of the information passed to paypal and uses this to validate the information being received from paypal to ensure that it has not been tainted.

Frank, I'm not whats happening here... you would have to try and pin point the query that then causes the above error.

Anita, thanks for the feedback, however I have not noticed such behaviour, for example when PayPal returns me to the store and the cart contents are cleared, in fact they are forced to be cleared regardless of whether the IPN has been received or not.

You did mention that when you click the confirm button that the cart contents where emptied, this can happen, since a very last minute check is made to see if the IPN has been received. But this same check occurs on every page load via the catalog/includes/application_top.php, this is because the customer (after paying) could return to the site by an unexpected route, i.e. instead of letting paypal return them to the site, they for example closed the browser window and then opened a new window and came back to the site.

I also checked the update of the cart thing, and that looked ok too...

I've only checked (specifically looked for the above) so I may of overlooked something, but I've also done quite a few tests in the last day or so.... could there be a problem with your installation ?

I'll check again though....

Hi Greg,

This is all "greek" to me! If I use your module will it still bring up the LOCK which is what I think most people look for when purchasing things online. Are there advantages to using your module rather then the one officially supported by the osCommerce Team? For one, I notice you reply alot more! :D I just want to make sure i use the right modules since I am new to all of this!

Thanks,

Mark

The encryption / certificates that the othe module uses is nothing more than a 'mask'.

This contribution creates its own md5 digest of the information passed to paypal and uses this to validate the information being received from paypal to ensure that it has not been tainted.

I started working on this module along time ago, there are features here that the other doesn't currently support / facilitate.

However, neither will enable the lock to occur during your checkout process or account creation.

Contact your webhost regarding availability or installation and or pricing of having an SSL certificate.

Given that dedicated per domain SSL certificates are pretty cheap nowadays, it would probably be worth purchasing one etc...

Practically every web host gives free a Shared SSL.

This has nothing to do with what software you're running.

I may be mistaken, but I get the impression that if you want to use the web form encryption methods then you need a dedicated SSL certificate.

Having a dedicated SSL certificate gives a lot more personal and professional appearance, and cost very little nowadays.