• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

Transaction Currency Help,

I am getting "No PayPal Transaction Information Available (dsdfnsdfnsdn) etc.

I have only USD selected should I have selected "Select Currency"

I received these errors fom Brazil & Canada Orders.

Thanks

Jimmy

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations.

This is the first IPN module i have installed that actually says what it does.

Worked first time and is wicked.....

I do have a challenge though.

My order confirmation emails that get sent out have a promotion at the top. Problem is when you pay by paypal it uses a different file to generate the email.

Order.class.php.

Is there any way of putting the hooks in for this contribution.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,email+extra

I have had a go but i am not very good on mysql or php for that matter....

Thanks in advance, Im sure other people would use the hooks.

Just wondering if anybody has any ideas on this one yet.

Thanks in advance

The return url doesn't have to be specified specifically, in your paypal account you can just set it to point to your main store url... and checkout_splash.inc.php is definately not correct... if anything it would be catalog/checkout_success.php... these config settings are already sepcified by the contrib module... so in the case of auto-return you just need to specify any url...

For the order class problem, you may need to change the AcceptOrder.inc.php so that it looks *something* like this...

if(!class_exists('order') ){
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
}

This error is probably because somewhere prior to the include AcceptOrder the class order is already being included so there is a clash occurring....

Thanks DevOsC

I'm encountering a strange problem with this PayPal IPN (v2.6 and v3.0a) and Authorize.net 1.7 consolidated and no one on the Authorize.net forum seems to know enough to fix it so maybe someone here can suggest a fix?

My PayPal payments are acting strange with the Authorize.net 1.7 module installed (Authorize.net 1.7 overwrites checkout_process.php and checkout_payments.php to work). Whenever they choose paypal it makes an invoice and then when they pay it deletes the items and trys to delete order but only removes all the items but leaves the order in a ghost pended status so you can only view it by directly viewing your database and creates a new order. How can I fix this so it just uses the same order # once again instead of creating a new paypal order when they pay or at least completely delete the old order? Hopefully someone can suggest a fix? I've been ripping my hair out for 4 days on this one!!! :blink:

Thanks in advance!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Devosc

Question about emails:

I notice that checkout_process.php and Order.class.php have similar code (shown below). If my buyer buys from me using the PayPal_IPN_shopping_cart what code do I modify for the "Order Process" email they receive?

I want to add a message to the email they receive, how and in which code do I add it?

$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $this->orderID . "\n" .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . $this->accountHistoryInfoURL . "\n" .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";

$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" . "\n" . 
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $insert_id . "\n" .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";

Edited by dailce

Anyone ever come come with a solution for using PayPal IPN with Quantity Tracking Professional (QT Pro)? Currently, if you use QT Pro to handle inventory for option stock, and your customer checks out with PayPal IPN, the master stock for the option itself will be deducted, but not the option stock. I am hoping someone can come up with a resolution to this problem. I am sure I am not the only one using both of those contributions/modules. Thanks!!!

-Aaron

Question about emails:

I notice that checkout_process.php and Order.class.php have similar code (shown below).  If my buyer buys from me using the PayPal_IPN_shopping_cart what code do I modify for the "Order Process" email they receive?

I want to add a message to the email they receive, how and in which code do I add it?

You have to add it to both for all customers, or only to order.class.php if you only want it to go to paypal customers.

Well, my IPN notifications have stopped for good, so I called paypal.

Bottom line, they are total jerks; the response was:

"It can not be our problem, even if there is not connection from paypal to your site in your logs. All problems are due to osCommerce changes. We never do not send out IPN noticies and they always arrive in under 5 seconds."

So pissed me off I have to go buy a new phone...

Really going to suck if I have to stop accepting paypal, but as it is now it's nearly impossible to use without the IPN notifications :(

In the PayPal forum, many folks are complaining about the IPN for weeks. PayPal has acknowledged there is a problem:

"Hello,

We are aware of the problems you may be experiencing with PayPal's IPN feature. We are currently working to resolve these issues on your behalf. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your patience while we resolve this unexpected behavior.

We will post updates here as we receive new information on the progress of resolving the issues with this feature.

For any IPN posts that were not received we will not be able to re-post them. This information is available in your history log by downloading the transactions for the time frame your IPN's did not post.

We have identified the issue with the IPN service. It stems from a new database we rolled out recently for our IPN service. Last night we moved the IPN services back to the old database and are continuing to research why the new database is causing issues.

We will continue to monitor the IPN service for the next few days and provide any updates if necessary. Please let us know if you experience any issues with it.

Stephen Ivaskevicius

PayPal/eBay, Inc.

www.paypal.com/pdn"

I have many orders that have never received an IPN.

Rik Rasmussen

In the PayPal forum, many folks are complaining about the IPN for weeks. PayPal has acknowledged there is a problem:

"Hello,

We are aware of the problems you may be experiencing with PayPal's IPN feature. We are currently working to resolve these issues on your behalf. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your patience while we resolve this unexpected behavior.

We will post updates here as we receive new information on the progress of resolving the issues with this feature.

For any IPN posts that were not received we will not be able to re-post them. This information is available in your history log by downloading the transactions for the time frame your IPN's did not post.

We have identified the issue with the IPN service. It stems from a new database we rolled out recently for our IPN service. Last night we moved the IPN services back to the old database and are continuing to research why the new database is causing issues.

We will continue to monitor the IPN service for the next few days and provide any updates if necessary. Please let us know if you experience any issues with it.

Stephen Ivaskevicius

PayPal/eBay, Inc.

www.paypal.com/pdn"

I have many orders that have never received an IPN.

Can you post the URL to the forum where the above was posted?

Thanks!.

Edited by lane

Question about the update status "ON HOLD".

When does this contribution place an order "On Hold"?

I have received several orders and all of them went through fine, the IPN updated to processing and the buyer was notified. They were all made in USD, however, today I received my first Canadian Dollar order (CAD), and the IPN updated to "On Hold".

Why is that?

How can I change that?

Thanks

Sorry I figured out that the "On Hold" occurred because the conversion or total was wrong.

How can I fix this problem.

I have the total being 1 cent off, and then when it goes to the IPN it is a few cents off, is there a rounding error?

When I hit accept in the PayPla table the order does get accepted and the buyer get notified- it works.

My default Currency is USD.

Here is the order total:

Sub-Total: $161.19(CAD)

Flat Rate (Best Way): $9.92(CAD)

7% GST + 8.0% PST: $24.18(CAD)

7.0% GST on Shipping + 8.0% PST on Shipping: $1.49(CAD)

Total: $196.77(CAD)

If you calculate the total it is off by 1 cent, the total that shuld be displayed should be $196.78(CAD). Now I think this is the OSC order total and that I need to modify something to handle the rounding more accuatly. I don't know what file to modify for that.

HOwever, I don't see how the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN produces a total of 196.35(CAD), which is more than a few cents off.

Any ideas?

Well you could adjust your currencies to use 3 d.p. but I doubt if it will really help any...

The PPSCIPN is telling you what you recieved from PayPal, it's doesn't make up anything.... PayPal works in 2 d.p. and if you're using the itemized cart these rounding will affect *their* total.... plus what ever conversion rates that might be happening... I wouldn't try and fix anything.... maybe consider using the aggregate mode instead.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Still get rounding errors

Here is another total:

Sub-Total: $99.59(CAD)

Flat Rate (Best Way): $9.96(CAD)

7% GST + 8.0% PST: $14.94(CAD)

7.0% GST on Shipping + 8.0% PST on Shipping: $1.49(CAD)

Total: $125.98(CAD)

THE PAYPAL IPN IS PASSING THIS TO PAYPAL:

Amount: $116.02 CAD

Shipping & Handling: $9.50 CAD

Total Amount: $125.52 CAD

I'm thinkg it has to do with some setting inmy PayPal account, however, I went into my paypal account and went into shipping calculations

I have this checked off:

"Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled)."

is that right?

I don't see where the $9.50 is coming from?

Thanks for your help all the shipping values in my paypal account were set at $0.00 for both USD and CAD however, it didn't update properly until I clicked "clear settings"

Thank you for your help I think it will be fine now.

Another quick also. When in the Paypal IPN screen i get a page loaded with errors.

Any ideas on that as well while were at it.

Top contribution by the way. This is the only that i can get to work.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed the PAGE LOADED WITH ERRORS when you go into the PAYPAL IPN screen. It works perfectly. Just don't like these annoying little errors. Always think something somewhere is wrong.

Please let me know im not on my own on this one.

Does anybody now how to solve.

Which came first the chicken or the egg????

Thanks in advance... :-"

What happens when you hit the 'Accept' button in the PayPal info box on the order page ?

hey i have that problem, when i hit the "accept" button in Paypal IPN link, it shows:

Warning: notifycustomer(/home/aki3/public_html/catalog/includes/languages//checkout_process.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aki3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/Order.class.php on line 219

Warning: notifycustomer(/home/aki3/public_html/catalog/includes/languages//checkout_process.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aki3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/Order.class.php on line 219

Warning: notifycustomer(): Failed opening '/home/aki3/public_html/catalog/includes/languages//checkout_process.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/aki3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/Order.class.php on line 219

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aki3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/Order.class.php:219) in /home/aki3/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

what can this be?

Hi,

I get fatal error at checkout_success. Everything before PayPal checkout and the redirect seems to work fine.

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'paypal_osc' in /*************************************/checkout_success.php on line 32

it never used to do it?

i think this contribute is a bit lack. i press the accept button in the paypal IPN and got errors (above) and i don't know what da hell it can be. maybe to much slash slash in checkout_sucess.php

i think this contribute is a bit lack. i press the accept button in the paypal IPN and got errors (above) and i don't know what da hell it can be.  maybe to much  slash slash in checkout_sucess.php

I'm using this contribution on multiple servers and it works. As with any large piece of code there are some problems with edge cases ... and of course PayPal is having problems with IPN. However, all in all this contribution works great right out of the box, and the install directions were easy to follow. Plus, it had some really nice configuration instructions ... very nice touch.

The problem you report very clearly says what the problem is: A missing file. Specifically, it looks like you either didn't install the modules classes folder (inside the paypal payment module) or that your server does not have access to that folder.