• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

Where is the b version ?

Sorry, I thought there was a V3.0b, but cannot find it. It only checkboxes in the install instructions (only change from V3.0a).

To digress a bit, I had a lot of trouble in trying to get this contrib to work. I think that some confusion came from the install instuctions being so similar to another contrib. Confusion for me was in trying to use the paypal sandbox to test (unnecessary), expecting e-mails from the sandbox to confirm order details (they are stored on line in the sandbox), trying to get certificates from paypal (unnecessary), and some other things that escape my mind at the moment.

However, I have followed many threads and made what seem to be reasonable changes. The main thing is that I think that there exists confusion on the support thread about what contrib is being talked about.

The version by devosc (to me) is the simplest to install and test.

To date, I do not have a real order via osc to verify if I am having problems, but I do urge people to check their account profile at paypal.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day, Ok, I changed the bit you mentioned above and now I no longer get the blank screen and I get to the successful transaction page (YAY) - HOWEVER, there is still no IPN entered and the transaction is sitting there pending. Also no order process emails were sent out but the transaction tracked with shareasale (no amount, but at least it tracked in some form LOL).

So basically the bit that isn't working now, is it's not sending out order process emails and not entering something into IPN.

I ran the test you said above and all I get when I press the test button is 'page cannot be displayed'.

Leslie, no updates required to any of the language files, this is just verbatim text really... just need to add AUD to the list of accepted currencies, as shown above, I also changed it there so that it defaults to AUD.

Thanks devosc, that was an incredibly quick response

To my knowledge there is no version b... there is an 3.0a which the checkboxes in the install instructions....

If you follow the above test in the IPN Test Panel, then you should be able to confirm that your orders will be processed correctly, you should receive all email, customer order, debug email, and storeowners copy of the email, the debug email address you configure in the osC admin PP config, and the storeowners email address in the Send Extra Orders field in the osC admin configuration My Store section (sorry :) )....

As said as long as the above IPN test works.. then you can be confident that you real orders will process - as long as Primary Email address and Business ID fields are configured correctly, see the faqs....

It's always wise to verify your payments in your actual PayPal Account.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

I ran the test you said above and all I get when I press the test button is 'page cannot be displayed'.

Ok, so in the url did it say FILENAME_PAYPAL ? if so you need to do the edit required for admin/includes/filenames.php

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
 define('FILENAME_PAYPAL', 'paypal.php');
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

you have uploaded the script admin/paypal.php from the contrib files to admin/paypal.php ?

I checked, the filename is right, it's in there - I just ran the test again and it says for /ipn.php 'page cannot be displayed'

ok, so you'll need to confirm that you copied over all files from the contrib ?

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php

catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php

catalog/popup_paypal.php

catalog/ipn.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_ppcheckout.gif

catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/* (e.g. the paypal subdirectory and all it's contents)

catalog/admin/paypal.php

Edit::::

Ok so in your admin/includes/configure.php look for:

HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER

HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER

ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG

DIR_WS_CATALOG

DIR_FS_CATALOG

and any othe related catalog config settings in your admin/includes/configure.php and make sure that there configured correctly... seems like something wrong with you path... have you moved the catalog to a different directory etc... ?

Edited by devosc

Did that, uploaded them all again to make sure - it still didn't work after that - it just says 'page cannot be displayed' when I click the test button.

The last two tests didn't track with Shareasale either, even though nothing on the checkout_success pages was changed.

The last two tests didn't track with Shareasale either, even though nothing on the checkout_success pages was changed.

Sharesale is a different matter, you would need to make sure the IPN system is processing correctly first in either case.... affiliate sales and IPN can be problematic, it all depends on what method they use.... sounds like they may want you to display an image on the checkout success page? This isn't ideal. The best way is for you to associate the sale once you have confirmed that the Payment has been Completed, e.g. you received the money.

you need to check your configuration settings, is it set to use SSL but you don't actually have SSL ?

No, it's definitely not set for SSL

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.#############.com.au'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.#############.com.au');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/html/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/var/www/html/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/html/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Hello,

Saddened for my Englishman

We too in France installed Paypal.

All the configuration is Ok.

In test mode in the admi no return.

Not of mail of confirmation of command(order).

No modification of stock.

The command(order) is OK esteemed customer.

In the said admi = >

No. PayPal Transaction Information Available (281b690e20c88c9e1fea657af960a470)

IEUFLR2000

Sam, you should of reminded me you still owe me a t-shirt. I found your site, and its in the catalog directory.... so

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.#############.com/catalog');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

You'll need to copy over what sharesales code used before into the relevant sections....

Or I might be mistaken.... ?

ieuflr2000, you have to read either the posts on the previous page, or the documentation to use the IPN Test Panel.

Sam, you should of reminded me you still owe me a t-shirt. I found your site, and its in the catalog directory.... so

You'll need to copy over what sharesales code used before into the relevant sections....

Or I might be mistaken.... ?

ieuflr2000, you have to read either the posts on the previous page, or the documentation to use the IPN Test Panel.

Ok it is already made.

The test IPN is Ok

IEUFLR2000

Is that you running tests? I just got two weird debug emails from our original store I think!!

yea, well your ipn.php script seems to be there... maybe your server config is acting up because when I type in the url directly I should just see a blank screen but it stills shows me one of you web pages... I typed in shopping_cart.php to skip your blank index page....

Why can't you compare with what you have in the original site... ?

ieuflr2000, so you should be ok....

ok time to sign off...

It's not the server, I have a index.html file there so anyone who happens across the website doesn't see the installation in progress is all.

The original site is very different, has loads of different contributions, is in USD by default and the version of your Pay Pal module is nothing like this one. It doesn't even have any of thid IPN test stuff and if you remember, it was actually you that installed it there LOL