[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish someone could help me :(

JL

Not altogether sure Jon, but I think you could be asking in the wrong place - you've said that you have installed the contrib that's build and maintained by the oscommerce team, and I think this thread is aimed at supporting the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN version.

And no, I'm afraid I've no idea where the right place is. :(

Anyways, on the topic of this contribution, I'm a little confused by the version info that on the download page - I installed v2.8 a little while back when it was the most recent version, and now I can't make head or tail of the versioning - there's reference to a v3.0 zip that doesn't seem to be there? Can anyone point me in the right direction of the most up to date version, as I've got another install to do.

Thanks

Jax

Not altogether sure Jon, but I think you could be asking in the wrong place - you've said that you have installed the contrib that's build and maintained by the oscommerce team, and I think this thread is aimed at supporting the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN version.

And no, I'm afraid I've no idea where the right place is. :(

Anyways, on the topic of this contribution, I'm a little confused by the version info that on the download page - I installed v2.8 a little while back when it was the most recent version, and now I can't make head or tail of the versioning - there's reference to a v3.0 zip that doesn't seem to be there?? Can anyone point me in the right direction of the most up to date version, as I've got another install to do.

Thanks

Jax

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...581/mirror,pair

To extract this you need winRAR, just google it :)

Pete.

Edited by wwfc_barmy_army

I initially submitted v3.0 as a zip since this is easiest type to extract, however because the zip version is greater than 300KB it requires approval from the osC team, however it seems like nothing ever happened. So I put the tar.gz version there also since its compression rate is greater.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

I initially submitted v3.0 as a zip since this is easiest type to extract, however because the zip version is greater than 300KB it requires approval from the osC team, however it seems like nothing ever happened. So I put the tar.gz version there also since its compression rate is greater.

Thanks to both of you for clarifying that so swiftly! I've got v3.0 downloaded and installing it directly.

:)

Jax

When I proceed to the paypal page I get this error.

Error Detected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

Continue

Any ideas? using v2.9.

Using PayPal IPN v 2.8, std install 2.2-MS2, PHP 4.3.10

Site has worked for a couple months. The last 2 orders dont seem to have any order entries.

But if there was no order then how did it ever get to paypal??????????

This is the order history page from OSC admin:

My Order History

Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 orders) Result Pages: ?-4??-3??-2??-1??0?

If I click the -4 link above this is what shows:

My Order History

Displaying -49 to -40 (of 0 orders) Result Pages: ?[Next?>>]?

When I look at the PayPal IPN in OSC admin it has a status of completed:

PayPal Instant Payment Notifications Status

Date Status Gross Fee Net Amount Action?

Jan. 11, 2005 Completed $39.95 $1.46 $38.49

When I browse the osc orders database there is a record there and all info seems to be there.

There has been no mods to the site since the last (good order)

Can someone PLEASE help with this.

Did you change the URL to paypal.co.uk ?  or does paypal.com handle that automatically??

David

I didn't make any changes to the url. I'll be re testing on a new install later this week - I'll let you know how it goes then.

Jax

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me, I have just installed the Paypal IPN Contribute for OSCommerce, but for some reason paypal dosent pickup the cost, its not transfering the cost from the cart in OSCommerce to the paypal checkout.... also does this contribute support the Australia Dollar which paypal has just started accepting, this may be the issue, i dont know, but if someone could help me it would be great.

Thanks

Regards

Michael Ollis

www.itzcomputers.com.au

Edited by ITZ Computers

In the order details i see this line:

No PayPal Transaction Information Available

with some number in brackets, many people had the same issue but I have no found any solution on the forums.

Has anyone resolved this issue? Also there is nothing under the Paypal IPN menu option.

Thanks.

Using PayPal IPN v 2.8, std install 2.2-MS2, PHP 4.3.10

Site has worked for a couple months. The last 2 orders dont seem to have any order entries.

But if there was no order then how did it ever get to paypal??????????

This is the order history page from OSC admin:

My Order History

Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 orders) Result Pages: ?-4??-3??-2??-1??0?

If I click the -4 link above this is what shows:

My Order History

Displaying -49 to -40 (of 0 orders) Result Pages: ?[Next?>>]?

When I look at the PayPal IPN in OSC admin it has a status of completed:

PayPal Instant Payment Notifications Status

Date Status Gross Fee Net Amount Action?

Jan. 11, 2005  Completed $39.95 $1.46 $38.49

When I browse the osc orders database there is a record there and all info seems to be there.

There has been no mods to the site since the last (good order)

Can someone PLEASE help with this.

Please help - anyone????

I just installed Paypal IPN 3.0 and it works OK. But i still have some problems or questions/request.

in my settings in my store en in Paypal IPN module I selected EUR for standard payment currency.

When a customer changes the currency to USD and checks out using paypal, Everything is in EUR exept in my Orders in Admin the order is in USD,

I ran a test IPN and de paypal receives the amount in EUR from the store. But de test order in admin is in USD and also in the PAYPAL transaction activity screen in admin.

Anyone has a fix for this?

Edited by Noutje

Hi

I installed the contribution Option type feature. I used this contribution with option type feature, the text field returned "TEXT" instead of actual input when returning from Paypal. Any solution to this problem.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I have installed the V3 contribution. It looks like it is working, but I really do not know for sure (no orders). My international customers are paying via paypal and ordering via e-mail.

Tried all of the processes with sandbox, but only seems to be working live. As for getting API certificates, and everything else that is required, it has become much too time consuming to chase this up further.

Can anyone give me an example of a digest key? I have left this set at the default.

I am in Australia, and the PayMate module was simple to install and set up. If only all modules were this easy.

Heya,

There is a fix for this. Do a search for JGofGFS in the forums. It should point you to the thread where the list the fix. In all it is about 3 lines of changes and seems to work just fine.

RW

Hi

I installed the contribution Option type feature. I used this contribution with option type feature, the text field returned "TEXT" instead of actual input when returning from Paypal. Any solution to this problem.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Hi Douglas,

Thanks. Problem solved and to avoid further confusion with osC Paypal IPN the solution is as follows:

Goto category/includes/modules/payment/paypal/category/checkout_process.inc.php at about line 157 change the following:

from

'products_options_values' => $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'],

to

'products_options_values' => $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'],

That is it. Enjoy. :D

Well, really, I did not think that my request for an example of a digest key would be so difficult to obtain.

Unless, of course, no one kows what it is or what it should look like!

Why is it all so hard!

Anyway, if there is no reponse, I will remove this contrib from my shop and just use paymate until my bank comes through with their approval to use their merchant banking failities.

Ok maybe I am missing something here, but in the OSC paypal IPN i don't see an option for digest key. I know there is one in hte paypal ipn v3.0 (2.9) version. Basically from what I have read it is a way of "signing" your orders that go to paypal so that they know it is coming from your store and not from another that is spoofing you. As such you can put what you want in it.

In the OSC paypal IPN this is handeled using the public/private keys from paypal and your own.

What these do is encrypt the order information going from your (hopefully) ssl protected site to the ssl protected paypal site (i.e. this keeps someone from interecepting the order info and changing it etc. Since they don't have the keys to decode it they can't change it.

You can download the paypal keys needed from their site once you log in. On getting your own keys (well I have had questions on this for awhile that I am trying to get anwsers) but I have found a couple of solutions (i think)

1. If you or your host use cpanel there should be an option for "Mangege OpenPGP keys" where you can create a public and private key. (after that I don't know as I am in the process of trying this one out).

2. If you log into paypal, under profile on the left side is an option (forget what it is called) to request a key for yourself from paypal. It takes about 3 days (acording to them) to get a confirmation (I did this last thursday and still havent heard anything but its the weekend).

Hope this helps,

RW

If I am off someone PLEASE correct me. :)

Well, really, I did not think that my request for an example of a digest key would be so difficult to obtain.

Unless, of course, no one kows what it is or what it should look like!

Why is it all so hard!

Anyway, if there is no reponse, I will remove this contrib from my shop and just use paymate until my bank comes through with their approval to use their merchant banking failities.

Edited by RavenWulf