• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

Hi Ryan,

Have a look at version 2.9, this one should of fixed the resume order total amounts, for the button via the account history profile.

What ended up being neccessary to make things work with multi-currencies, is that in the PayPal payment module it will automatically convert the amount into either (USD, CAD, GBP, JPY, EUR) and USD being absolute default, this is so that if the customer checks out using say Italian Liras, although this currency and amount is used in the actual order, the PayPal module will convert it into one that PayPal recognizes, so this 'converted' amount is the amount that gets stored in the table orders_session_info which is then used to verify that the amount paid to PayPal is correct, however resolving this caused the resume order button to not be correct, if I can recall the shipping cost was being included in the total amount as well as being specified individually - see the function SendMoney in the main payment/paypal.php this info then gets passed to the usual formfields via fnc params etc...

In regard to cancelations, the only time that the module will automatically update an order status to cancelled is when PayPal sends an IPN stating that a payment has been refunded, reversed or denied - see catalog/ipn.php, I suppose could have a get param to signify order cancelled for return (similiar to success).

I'm not currently sure why tax should be a problem - although I may of overlooked something when trying to get the converted amounts pre-stored in orders_session_info - I'll try and look out for this when running tests etc...

Jeff, have a look in payment/paypal/classes/order.class.php for the function notify customer, however you may have to pre-store any new variables used in the confirmation email, the PayPal checkout flow is sort of like: checkout_confirmation->paypal/catalog/checkout_process->paypal/catalog/checkout_update.

paypal/catalog/checkout_process is where any info required for that particular order-session is stored in the table orders_session_info.

-apols if haven't answered everything.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone experienced an incorrect population of the various attributes in PayPal when processing a payment? For instance, my transaction details look something like this:

Total Amount: $50.97 USD

Transaction ID: 8RE50049J4634670R

Quantity: 1

Item Title: MyStoreName

Item Number:Globe

Invoice ID: 24

Is there a workaround for the fact that my store name is being populated into the 'Item Title' field? If anyone has any clue on this, I would love to hear about it.

Just an fyi on my experience with this contribution thus far:

1. If you setup the sandbox environment as documented, you will not receive email notifications on a purchase, regardless of whether or not your customer has a valid email address. It appears that the only "documentation" of an order being processed is if you navigate to PayPal's developer central site, and look under the 'Email' tab - this will give you proof that your testing is occuring.

2. During testing, regardless of whether or not I went directly into PayPal and edited the IPN settings, I did not receive IPN notifications in the Admin panel. It was only after I began processing real transactions that I could see IPN's in the Admin panel.

osCommerce is such a powerful tool, frustrating at times, but really powerful and fun to learn. If anyone has any insight into my above-mentioned issue of the store name populating the Item Title field, let me know, thanks.

I'm probably making this harder than it is but I'm already lost trying to setup IPN - what is mysql_username and mysql_password? As you can see I haven't gotten very far!! IF these types of install issues are addressed somewhere could someone please point me in the right direction? I also have seen posts for ver2.8 etc - I downloaded 2.2 - is that the right version to be using?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Hi,

I've recently installed both of these mods and i cant get them to work..

I've read both the Gift Voucher thread and the IPN support thread and because there is so much information i can't see the solution anymore.

Isn't there a possibility someone who has it working writes a cleas tutorial or help file for it?

My problems:

- when i set IPN to itimized it doesn't send the gift vouchers to paypal

- when i set IPN to aggregated it doesn't sends the shipping costs to paypal

but it sends the discount.

- with both it doesn't send the taxes to paypal.

I've got the latest contributions of both.

Please help

Download v2.8.

I cannot remember the mysql_username etc being there but it has been a couple of months.

Anyway mysql is the database for you site you run sql scipts onto it through phpmyadmin. The mysql database for your oscommerce shop should have a user name and password the same as when you installed i think.

There is a big thread on here to do with the paypal ipn try doing a search in there.

The main problem i had was once installed sending the final amount to paypal if you have that problem i can help :)

Hope you figure it out.

Please use the IPN support thread so all information is stored in 1 place.

Thanks

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

So does anyone know about this or experienced a similar thing ?

I managed to get the IPN thing to work by activating the IPN in the paypal profile -> IPN options  -- I put myshop.com/.../checkout_success.php

I also added the same url to the paypalprofile->website payment prefs (so that user gets redirected to the web site to complete the transaction)

Now I get automatic update to  Admin->customers->paypalIPN !! hurray!

However, there seems to be a bug or somthing when I look at a given IPN, there's a table under the paypal logo and in the Action column there appears a paypal button called Accept (or authorize). Pressing it once works ok and gets paypal to accept the payment. but the button remains and pressing it again gives a bunch of PHP errors and a bogus email is sent to the customer!

seems like that button goes away after a while ... maybe has to do with when paypal does its IPN communication to confirm that the payment has been acccepted.. who know..!?

I wonder why there's no wikki doc or a decent forum for this great module (the FAQ is a joke and this email is number 1004 in the thread!)

*Do not advertise in your signature

I've installed the Paypal IPN v2.9, and if I enter a short customer name, and a short or NO credit card number, I get the following error box from java script:

Errors have occurred during the process of your form.

Please make the following corrections:

MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_JS_CC_OWNERMODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_JS_CC_NUMBER

Both variables are defined in languages/modules/cc.php, however, I can't figure out how to fix the JS code so the actual message appears.

Can someone tell me?

Thanks

Edited by rcrosier

Correction to my post:

This is for the Cardservice Credit Card Module, not the Paypal IPN (however, I just installed that)...

I've installed the Paypal IPN v2.9, and if I enter a short customer name, and a short or NO credit card number, I get the following error box from java script:

Errors have occurred during the process of your form.

Please make the following corrections:

MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_JS_CC_OWNERMODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_JS_CC_NUMBER

Both variables are defined in languages/modules/cc.php, however, I can't figure out how to fix the JS code so the actual message appears.

Can someone tell me?

Thanks

Anyone?

==================

Has anyone experienced an incorrect population of the various attributes in PayPal when processing a payment? For instance, my transaction details look something like this:

Total Amount: $50.97 USD

Transaction ID: 8RE50049J4634670R

Quantity: 1

Item Title: MyStoreName

Item Number:Globe

Invoice ID: 24

Is there a workaround for the fact that my store name is being populated into the 'Item Title' field? If anyone has any clue on this, I would love to hear about it.

Hi,

I have gotten this message four times: (with other stuff in the email) (messages are received at 12:09AM and 12:33AM each night)

--------

An unknown POST from 000.000.000.000 was received.

Are you running any tests?

--------

Where 000.000.000.000 is an IP address, but not mine... NO purchases made on the website, and it's coming from the Paypal Sandbox, where I've got my cart set up for right now... for testing only.

I receive no orders, nothing on the web site, etc.

I ran a trace on the IP, and it came back as an EBAY IP address...

Can anybody tell me what this is, and why am I getting it?

Thanks

I am running osCommerce inside an inline frame and using Paypal IPN v2.9

When the redirect to the paypal information pages occurs the paypal pages are too big for the inline frame I would like to either resize the paypal pages or display the information in a new window as the but I am not sure how to write the code, the inline frame size needs to remain fixed.

Is this possible?

Below is the code which calls the paypal payment information

[code<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_splash.inc.php,v 1.1.1.1 2004/09/22 13:45:13 devosc Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

DevosC, Developing open source Code

http://www.devosc.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Copyright ? 2004 DevosC.com

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<title><?php echo STORE_NAME; ?></title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<style type="text/css">

body {background-color:#FFFFFF;}

body, td, div {font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif;}

</style>

</head>

<body onload="return document.paypal_payment_info.submit();">

<?php echo "\n".tep_draw_form('paypal_payment_info', $this->form_paypal_url, 'post'); ?>

<table cellpadding="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="0" style="border:1px solid #003366;">

<tr><td align="middle" style="height:100%; vertical-align:middle;">

<div><?php if (tep_not_null(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_PROCESSING_LOGO)) echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_PROCESSING_LOGO); ?></div>

<div style="color:#003366"><h1><?php echo MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE_PROCESSING . tep_image(DIR_WS_MODULES .'payment/paypal/images/period_ani.gif'); ?></h1></div>

<div style="margin:10px;padding:10px;"><?php echo MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION_PROCESSING?></div>

<div style="margin:10px;padding:10px;"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_ppcheckout.gif', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT); ?></div>

</td></tr>

</table>

<?php echo $this->formFields()."\n"; ?>

</body></html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/application_bottom.inc.php'); ?>

Is the osCommerce IPN contrib the same as the normal Paypal IPN?

I ask as my client has a Paypal Premier account for ebay auctions and I wondered if installing this contrib would make any difference to the Paypal account?

TIA

Apologies if this is discussed somewhere, but I couldn't come up with a search term that got any relevent hits.

I have paypal ipn 0.98 something and recently have started having "customers" order product using paypal without paying (ie, no paypal ticket, etc.) I am using paypal w/IPN, and it's an issue because I deliver product immediatly via email (serial #s and download links).

Does the paypal payment contribution this forum supports prevent "customers" from doing this? I'm looking at switching, but a test site ended up with lots of problems when I tried it (ghost orders, etc.) so I'm wondering if I should continue forward ...

Thanks!

Edited by lane

Hey There,

I just installed the newest PayPal IPN on a fresh install of the newest osC.

Can someone please tell me how on earth to create a downloadable product and have the link sent to the person after they purchase? Im not using the store for anything else but downloadable products.

Please help!

txcrew

Jeff, have a look in payment/paypal/classes/order.class.php for the function notify customer, however you may have to pre-store any new variables used in the confirmation email, the PayPal checkout flow is sort of like: checkout_confirmation->paypal/catalog/checkout_process->paypal/catalog/checkout_update.

paypal/catalog/checkout_process is where any info required for that particular order-session is stored in the table orders_session_info.

-apols if haven't answered everything.

Thanks Greg! Worked like a charm when I edited order.class.php. :D

Jeff

Can anyone tell me why I get the following email when using the Paypal Sandbox?

==============

------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Post

An unknown POST from 66.135.197.164 was received.

PayPal Response

Connection Type

curl: 1 transport: domain: www.sandbox.paypal.com port:

Attention!

This is email has NOT been sent by PayPal.

You have received this email via the osCommerce PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN Contribution

To discontinue receiving this notice disable 'Debug Email Notifications' in your osCommerce PayPal configuration panel.

==============

Thanks,

David

I have noticed something that is potentially very bad when a customer goes through the checkout process using PayPal IPN. When they get to PayPal, if they close the browser window or use the back button to go back to your site, the order is treated as confirmed and it goes into the database even though they never actually checked out or paid. Is there a wqay around this or have I just completely missed something?

-Aaron

Hi, I just installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN 2.9 and it completes the orders and all but when I go to view the order fro mthe admin menu, I get

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/jimmsdep/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line 110

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

'option_id' => $attributes['products_options_id'],

'value_id' => $attributes['products_options_values_id'],

//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN         

Line 110 is the option_id line. Any ideas?

I too have a similar error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in C:\www\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\order.php on line 133

this is the code:

$this->products[$index] = array('qty' => $orders_products['products_quantity'],
                                'id' => $orders_products['products_id'],
//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
                                   'orders_products_id' => $orders_products['orders_products_id'],
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
                                       'name' => $orders_products['products_name'],
                                       'model' => $orders_products['products_model'],
                                       'tax' => $orders_products['products_tax'],
                                       'price' => $orders_products['products_price'],
                                       'final_price' => $orders_products['final_price']);

Can anyone see what is wrong please?

Can anyone tell me why I get the following email when using the Paypal Sandbox?

==============

Unknown Post

An unknown POST from 66.135.197.164 was received.

----O><---- snip ----

Ok, I finally figured out why this was happening. I setup two accounts in the sandbox, a normal account and a merchant account. I confirmed the normal account and added money, but I did not attach an account to or confirm the merchant account. In this state, I got the problem mentioned above.

After I added a bank account to the merchant account and confirmed it, everything began working as expected.

David