• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Paypal IPN - Devosc

devosc

I'm using 2.6a and I'm sure I have everthing configured correctly, yet I am receiving this error in the debug email:

------------------------------------------------------

Invalid Test

An error has occured, mostly likely because the Custom field in the IPN Test Panel did not have a valid transaction id.

Also orders are not being updated, but this is probly related to the above problem. Any help would be great, cause I'm at a loss here :blink:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had about 3 purchases this week and I noticed that when I went to go look at the customers items my cart doesnt seem to be modifing my items that are in stock it doesnt minus the order from stock.Yes I have it configured in my admin to do this but it isnt doing it.Now I also had the PayPal IPN installed recently and I just noticed that it corrects my stock when the customer make a pyment with money order or check but paypal it doesnt>My question is where should I be looking to correct this problem..Yes I know in my PayPal IPN ...But is ther a certain file I should be looking at?

The Hobby Undergound..."For The Pure Hobbyist"

Hello there,

I recently went through the installation of the PayPal IPN Gateway for osCommerce on my clients site at http://www.conerysports.com. I had a few questions come up during the installation. Here they are:

During the modification of the file isp_global_config-dist.php I am to modify this part of the file:

// 1. This is the domain name, user_name and user_password of the MySql Server.

$this->AConfig['default']['mysql_host_name'] = "yourmysqlserver";

$this->AConfig['default']['mysql_user_name'] = "mysql_username";

$this->AConfig['default']['mysql_user_password'] = "mysql_userpassword";

Well, in my cpanel when I created the database "paypalipn" in the MySQL section it displays it as "conerysp_paypalipn" rather than simply "paypalipn" My question is in the first part above where it asks me to input "yourmysqlserver" what do I put in, "conerysp_paypalipn" or "paypalipn" ?

Same question applies for the username and password. The username I created is "paypalipn" but it is displayed as "conerysp_paypali" dropping the "pn" off the end. So do I enter "paypalipn" as the username or "conerysp_paypali" ?

Finally, the password, is it exactly what I entered it in to be or is it modified like above, how should I enter it?

Thank you all for your time.

Thanks,

Shannon

Edited by sdamos

Hi Shannon

you are on a shared host and therefore cpanel adds your accounts username to all your ids/databases to prevent duplication.

This is what you should enter:

$this->AConfig['default']['mysql_host_name'] = "localhost";

$this->AConfig['default']['mysql_user_name'] = "conerysp_paypali";

$this->AConfig['default']['mysql_user_password'] = "your password - NOT modified";

...and this is the name of your db: conerysp_paypalipn

Regards

Ian

oscStudio.com

Ive had about 3 purchases this week and I noticed that when I went to go look at the customers items my cart doesnt seem to be modifing my items that are in stock it doesnt minus the order from stock.Yes I have it configured in my admin to do this but it isnt doing it.Now I also had the PayPal IPN installed recently and I just noticed that it corrects my stock when the customer make a pyment with money order or check but paypal it doesnt>My question is where should I be looking to correct this problem..Yes I know in my PayPal IPN ...But is ther a certain file I should be looking at?

Hi

you state "Now I also had the PayPal IPN installed recently" if I were you I would contact who ever installed it as they obviously did it wrong. Unless there's a bug I have not found out about yet. If thats not possible, let me know and I'll have a browse through the code to give you some idea of where to look.

Regards

Ian

oscStudio.com

I'm using 2.6a and I'm sure I have everthing configured correctly, yet I am receiving this error in the debug email:

Invalid Test

An error has occured, mostly likely because the Custom field in the IPN Test Panel did not have a valid transaction id.

Also orders are not being updated, but this is probly related to the above problem. Any help would be great, cause I'm at a loss here :blink:

Hi

where have you got verrsion I'm using 2.6a from? I thought this contribution was at v1.5. Do you have a link to this version?

You should receive an email with more error details. Could you post that? If an error occurs the order is not updated but intead you should receive an email notifying you of the problem in more detail.

Regards

Ian

oscStudio.com

Thank you Ian, are there any settings in my admin area I need to change now that I have installed this? My utlimate goal here is for the payments received in paypal to actually display the name of the item purchased rather than simply the name of my store.

Regards,

Shannon

In response to:

Hello there,

I recently went through the installation of the PayPal IPN Gateway for osCommerce on my clients site at http://www.conerysports.com. I had a few questions come up during the installation. Here they are:

During the modification of the file isp_global_config-dist.php I am to modify this part of the file:

// 1. This is the domain name, user_name and user_password of the MySql Server.

$this->AConfig['default']['mysql_host_name'] = "yourmysqlserver";

$this->AConfig['default']['mysql_user_name'] = "mysql_username";

$this->AConfig['default']['mysql_user_password'] = "mysql_userpassword";

Well, in my cpanel when I created the database "paypalipn" in the MySQL section it displays it as "conerysp_paypalipn" rather than simply "paypalipn" My question is in the first part above where it asks me to input "yourmysqlserver" what do I put in, "conerysp_paypalipn" or "paypalipn" ?

Same question applies for the username and password. The username I created is "paypalipn" but it is displayed as "conerysp_paypali" dropping the "pn" off the end. So do I enter "paypalipn" as the username or "conerysp_paypali" ?

Finally, the password, is it exactly what I entered it in to be or is it modified like above, how should I enter it?

Thank you all for your time.

Thanks,

Shannon

Edited by sdamos

After checkout from paypal users were redirect back to the checkout-success page and being given the option off print out the ther order details. when user click on the print they received this error in the popup windows suppose to show them the invoice of their order.

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/www/html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/www/html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

now here is the content of general.php file

line 42: return htmlspecialchars($string);

If user click print in their account history everything will be just fine. They can see their order invoice with all the details. This error only show when user comeback from paypal checkout and click on print.

I am using the latest 2.6a ipn contribution.

Any idea to fix this?

Thanks all.

Just installed Ipn mod 2.6a (first Install) and got it up and running pretty good so far. When I place an order I am Directed back to the checkout success page but when I arrive there I am no longer logged in and it says cart is empty. Is this what is supposed to happen? I thought It was supposed to empty the cart and give me the order success screen.

Any Advice here would be appreciated.

Charlotte :rolleyes:

Hi all,

just installed this contribution and it's looking promising. :)

However, I'm having a problem - I've got the module configured to use the paypal sandbox, but when I try and progress an order from the checkout_confirmation.php and click on "Confirm Order", I can see the browser try and access sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr but that's as far as it goes.

If I change the config to use the real paypal domain it seems to take me into the paypal normal screen but I can't seem to get it to work with the sandbox at all - is the sandbox working at the moment or have I messed up something in the configuration? :unsure:

Thanks,

Simon

Got My checkout page working correctly now...

Adjusted prefs in paypal and moved 1 line of code in checkout_success down.

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));
  } else if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {
    paypal_order::reset_checkout_cart_session();
  }
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

to...

//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));
  } 
else if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {
    paypal_order::reset_checkout_cart_session();
  }
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

Now I am having a problem with my taxes showing in the cart. I think It may be a configuration error on my part somewhere. Will check things out and see. Just wanted to let you know the solution I came up with in case anyone else is having the same problem.

To all the helpful ppl here,

My problem is the redirection from checkout_process.php to paypal.com is not working it keeps direct to here -> https://module_payment_paypal_domain/cgi-bin/webscr

Can anyone of you guide me on how to rectify the above problem...according to FAQ there was a page to edit checkout_splash.inc.php...but i doesnt seems to be able to do it....pls help :unsure:

thanx in advanced

Hi Keith,

You set the paypal address in the admin section at...

www.yourdomain.com/admin/modules.php?set=payment&module=paypal

It the second to last setting there.

Good Luck

When is the order marked as PayPal Processing? If the buyer doesn't complete the order on PayPal, but just closes the window, for example, will that leave me with an open order in admin? The reason I am asking is because I'm getting a number of orders showing up in admin marked with PayPal Processing. But when I look at my PayPal account, they aren't always there. I'm wondering if it is because the buyer just changes his mind or if I have a problem somewhere. Some orders do go through with PayPal so it would appear the code is working. Any ideas?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Keith,

You set the paypal address in the admin section at...

www.yourdomain.com/admin/modules.php?set=payment&module=paypal

It the second to last setting there.

Good Luck

Hi Charlotte,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal

Enable PayPal Module

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Processing

Sort order of display

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is the palpay configuration, but i couldnt find any section to key in the following address -> www.yourdomain.com/admin/modules.php?set=payment&module=paypal

Would you pls guide

Keith, make sure you copied over the new modules/payment/paypal.php and unistall/remove the payment module from the admin and then click install, the new fields should then reappear, try the latter first.

Jack, sounds like the customers are abandoning the orders, not much that could be done about that, although you could consider contacting (emailing) some of them to see if there were any problems etc...

PayPal will always send an official payment receipt once a payment has been made regardless of IPN.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Gregory. That's what I thought was happening but wanted to be sure. I'll send emails to the ones currently marked as waiting.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi All,

This looks like a nice piece of work!

I have it all installed and I hope working :P

I am just doing some cosmetic changes and would like to change the text on the checkout_payment.php/Payment Information page.

This is where the shopper chooses which payment method to use.

There is a bit of text that says "PayPal Payment or" I have searched through and can't find this bit of text in the code.....

I can find the bit tha displays the PayPal logo but not the text.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

profpixel, catalog/includes/languages/modules/payment/paypal.php:

something TEXT_TITLE, however changing it will cause the admin to not display PayPal IPN transaction details, this is a problem caused by osC storing the payment title as the payment method, since if everyone changes the title then there is no generic way to determine the payment method, e.g the payment method class name should also be stored. I did post a small work around, in the general support channel but thinking more now it is not an abosolute fix since the language used by the customer might be different from the language used in viewing the admin, basically it was to compare **_TEXT_TITLE instead of 'paypal' in admin/orders.php

Jimmy, the affiliate notes highlight the changes required in both this and the osC-Affiliate contrib so that may both work, e.g to update the affiliate info accordingly once a 'Completed' payment has been received. Those changes were based upon a previous version of this contrib 2.x so should still be ok for 2.6a, and I think only one small change was required in affiliate_application_top.php script.

Jimmy, the affiliate notes highlight the changes required in both this and the osC-Affiliate contrib so that may both work,.

So I would guess this is for the site owner to Payout to the affiliate. So if you pay by check to the affiliate this update is not needed?

I will put it in just in case

Jimmy

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

Trying to install pp shopping cart ipn. I didn't have phpMyAdmin. I went to their site and downloaded phpMyAdmin-2.5.7-pl1 in the form of a zip file. I unzipped and then clicked install. A windows message came up and said windows cannot open this file with 2 options under what do you want to do.

1. use the web service to find the approiate program or

2. select the program from a list.

Can someone help me? :(

Hi Jimmy,

include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_checkout_process.php');

I can't remember what the above will do, I think it merely updates the affiliates tables, e.g no affiliate payments are made (automatically), but rather it is to update the logs so that the admin->affiliates section can reflect the affiliations/statistics correspondingly.

I don't think the osC-Affiliate contib automatically pays anybody since no 3rd party sites are notified (as in other affiliate programs).

Smoker,

Download phpMyAdmin via this link, it is the 'zip' version. Unzip it and in the main directory look for config.inc.php

In that script modify the following fields (exmples below where appriopiate):

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://www.mydomain.com/phpMyAdmin/';

$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'Secret_PassPhrase';

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host']          = 'localhost'; // MySQL hostname or IP address

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']     = 'cookie';    // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']          = 'UserName';      // MySQL user

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']      = 'UserName_Password';   // MySQL password (only needed