• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PEAR

omidhz

Hi,

I have seen a lot of people looking for the step by step giude to learn how to setup PEAR for "PayPal Website Payments Pro Contribution".

Same as me, we have looked in this forum and there is no details about this.

I have started this topic to help myself (and others) to learn how to do that.

So anyone who knows about PEAR can complete our topic.

Thanks to all with all your support and help.

This is what I have found:

We have to Download the PEAR package from THIS LINK (not sure if this is the correct package that we need, so please correct me if I'm wrong).

Then we have to upload all the files to INCLUDES folder in our store.

Please complete the process for here......

Thanks agian

Regards,

this is a server/webmaster issue, not an osCommerce issue. you would be better off in a forum which explains this, or follow the directions which comes with how to install pear.

also, your webhost is the first place to start for issues like this, as they should have it available for you.

this is a server/webmaster issue, not an osCommerce issue.  you would be better off in a forum which explains this, or follow the directions which comes with how to install pear.

also, your webhost is the first place to start for issues like this, as they should have it available for you.

The concept of the PayPal SDK and PEAR is

pear/HTTP/Request/Listener.php

pear/HTTP/Request.php

pear/Log/* --- i.e. all the Log package files

pear/Net/* --- i.e. all the Net package files

pear/Services/PayPal/* --- i.e. all the PayPal Package files and dirs etc...

pear/Services/PayPal.php

pear/Log.php

pear/PEAR.php

in catalog/includes/application_top.php you can then add:

ini_set("include_path",  getcwd() . '/includes/pear' . PATH_SEPARATOR . ini_get("include_path"));

the above assumes that the pear directory is located at 'catalog/includes/pear' etc..

This Pear library will then be available to the osCommerce application.

Although from observation of the contribution download the PayPal directory is (or was) isolated from the Pear dir, the PP SDK is designed as if it is a Pear package, but imo, thats not quite effective because by default your client certificates would then reside in the Pear dir (which you would not want to share with the rest of the accounts of your webhost), hence it would probably be advisable to maintain your own pear library.

Also note, that in regard to using the PayPal Direct Payment program the PayPal Express Checkout must first meet the requirements of PayPal - for which there is currently still some work to do in the oscommerce contribution before meeting these requirements.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

the above assumes that the pear directory is located at 'catalog/includes/pear' etc..

This Pear library will then be available to the osCommerce application.

Although from observation of the contribution download the PayPal directory is (or was) isolated from the Pear dir, the PP SDK is designed as if it is a Pear package, but imo, thats not quite effective because by default your client certificates would then reside in the Pear dir (which you would not want to share with the rest of the accounts of your webhost), hence it would probably be advisable to maintain your own pear library.

Also note, that in regard to using the PayPal Direct Payment program the PayPal Express Checkout must first meet the requirements of PayPal - for which there is currently still some work to do in the oscommerce contribution before meeting these requirements.

Thank you for your reply,

I have added the

ini_set("include_path",  getcwd() . '/includes/pear' . PATH_SEPARATOR . ini_get("include_path"));

to the catalog/includes/application_top.php but I'm still getting the following error in the payment section of admin:

Warning: main(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32141 is not allowed to access /usr/lib/php/PEAR.php owned by uid 0 in /home/myusername/public_html/testshop/pear/Services/PayPal.php on line 11

Warning: main(PEAR.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/myusername/public_html/testshop/pear/Services/PayPal.php on line 11

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/bargai74/public_html/testshop/pear/:/home/myusername/public_html/testshop/pear/') in /home/myusername/public_html/testshop/pear/Services/PayPal.php on line 11

I don't know what is the problem.

Regards,

Archived