• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] MYOB Items/Products Import

higgalls

Hey Everyone,

This Contribution I have developed will output a text file which I can then use to import all my products in OsCommerce into MYOB so that I can use other contributions to automatically import sales into MYOB from OsCommerce.

It has been designed for the Australian-version of MYOB Premier 8, but should work on any Australian version, and may even work for other world-wide versions (but it hasn't been tested on them).

NOTE: There is one known problem so far, so please read the Install.txt file with the package for details about the problem and the way to get around it (it is simple).

Get the contribution here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3339

Cheers,

Chris :)

Edited by stonebridgecomputing

• 6 months later...

Great Contrib!! some very minor tweaks and it works great with MYOB V12 (NZ Edition)

Changed the GST code from 'GST' to 'S'

Removed 'products.products_SupModel AS SupModel' from the SQL Query

Removed the 'Sales Tax Calc. Method' Row from the export

After doing that, changing the account codes to match our accounts and changing the output folder it is working just fine.

Now all I have to do is have this + MYOB Export module + CSV Bank Statments working togeather and it makes quite an efficent Accounting/OSC intergration, especaly when there are upwards of 20 transactions per day.

Thanks for this contrib!

• 3 months later...

Hey Everyone,

The new version has been posted.

The only change that has happened is that I have now resolved the error causing you to have to resave the outputed text file. Now you do not need to resave it. The problem was with the way that the lines were ended.

Thanks to some people on here for pointing this out.

Cheers,

• 2 months later...
Thanks Chris for your contribution. I am going to try to use it with Premier 9.5 (the ).5 has the new tax tables). Do you know if there are liekly to be any problems?

Thanks and regards

Hey,

I honestly have no idea whether it will work or not. I don't see why it wont work though.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Hey,

I honestly have no idea whether it will work or not. I don't see why it wont work though.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Thanks Chris for your quick response. I will let you know how it goes.

Have you any information on going the other way ie. uploading information from MYOB to Oscommerce? This would allow automatic updating of stock levels so customers whether stock was available at the time of placing an order.

Regrads

Roy

Thanks Chris for your quick response. I will let you know how it goes.

Have you any information on going the other way ie. uploading information from MYOB to Oscommerce? This would allow automatic updating of stock levels so customers whether stock was available at the time of placing an order.

Regrads

Roy

Going the opposite way would be possible but tricky and would need a completely newly coded script.

I don't have the need for that sort of thing, so i've never looked into it. Sorry.

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I found a bit of a glitch with this - using the version of oscommerce found in 2ms2-060817.

The SQL query in the original code refers to a field that doesn't exist:

SELECT products.products_model AS prodModel, products.products_weight,
products.products_id AS id,
products_description.products_name AS name,
products.products_SupModel AS SupModel,
products_description.products_description AS description,
products.products_status AS prodStatus,
products.products_price AS price

I removed the products.products_SupModel AS SupModel, line and all seems good!

Max.

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

In re. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,product+import

MYOB Items/Products Import problem with output file

I have followed the instruction , checked that myob folder is read / write , have updated a new products, unfortunately no file has been generated under myob folder.

Do I need to run any command to generate the input file ?

I have also tried to create a 'myob_items.txt' file , still no avail.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

:)

• 1 year later...

This seems like an excellent contribution but I have no idea why I can't get a result. No text file is created and if I navigate to the myob_items.php file I get

Warning: fopen(DIR_FS_CATALOGcatalog//myob/myob_items021008.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/teamkaj/highlandmodels.com.au/catalog/myob_items.php on line 29 Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/teamkaj/highlandmodels.com.au/catalog/myob_items.php on line 31 : SQL error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '// products.products_SupModel AS SupModel, products_description.products_descri' at line 4| sql = SELECT products.products_model AS prodModel, products.products_weight, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, // products.products_SupModel AS SupModel, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_status AS prodStatus, products.products_price AS price FROM products, products_description WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Chris for your contribution. I am going to try to use it with Premier 9.5 (the ).5 has the new tax tables). Do you know if there are liekly to be any problems?

Thanks and regards

Changing this to work with 9.5 shouldn't be too much of an issue as there were not alot of changes in the Customer nad Stock tables between v8 and v9.

This particular contrib should work for most if not all Aust and NZ versions of MYOB Accounting, AccountingPlus and Premier with minimal adjustments.

• 1 year later...

THANKS FOR THIS CONTRIB!!

I have tried MYOB Export for Items, but for sales the information seems to be in the wrong fields and I can not get it to work in AccountEdge v8.

MYOB Import / Export works well for creating customers in AccountEdge v8 but I'm stuck with the sales :(

The information is in the CSV when I go to import but the fields don't match up.

Does anyone know how to change the order of the information exported to csv?