• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTML WYSIWYG Editor

ozEworks

Okay I have sat here and answered 20+ posts which gives me another lazy person's post bonus :P

Is there a WYSIWYG editor around that you can add fonts to? I need to add something like 20 fonts to an editor and all the ones I have found don't let you add any :(

This is driving me nuts. :blink:

Hi

I mean the editor for product descritions etc. in Admin.

I have the standard one here. It comes with only has a set of about 8 fonts. There does not seem to be a way to add extra fonts to it.

Hi

I mean the editor for product descritions etc. in Admin. 

I have the standard one here.  It comes with only has a set of about 8 fonts. There does not seem to be a way to add extra fonts to it.

Remember that if the person viewing your site does not have the font you specified it will default to the system font. Thats why it's better sticking to a common font family

in css this would be

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

it would try each one in turn till it found one it could work with.

If you have 'My Snazzy Font', unless your customers have it on their system they wont see your font, pointless.

Stick to the basic fonts.

But if you are determined to go down this route

http://www.fckeditor.net/

This is for a specific site feature customizing stationery and providing online softproofs so it requires as many fonts as the graphic designer uses in her work all of which are all pretty much standard for most PC font libraries.

If anyone actually knows of an editor that can have fonts added I would be very grateful to know.

We have tried lots of options including writing this in flash but tecfhnology is beating us at all turns.

This is for a specific site feature customizing stationery and providing online softproofs so it requires as many fonts as the graphic designer uses in her work all of which are all pretty much standard for most PC  font libraries.

If anyone actually knows of an editor that can have fonts added I would be very grateful to know.

We have tried lots of options including writing this in flash but tecfhnology is beating us at all turns.

I'm sure the one in the link I posted allows you to add fonts

DreamWeaver is really good,

But if you add any fonts and the End user dose not have it it wont make you any good

They are looking for an HTML WYSIWYG editor (i.e. one that appears in a browser window for on-line editing)

As others have said, it won't matter at all what font the person uses in the editer. If the customer viewing the page does not have the font installed on their computer they will not see it. fdkediter is pretty much the same thing (and a pain in the butt to install) as the wysiwyg editers offered in the contributions area.

I would suggest using images, if they want to show off the different styles they offer.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

As others have said, it won't matter at all what font the person uses in the editer. If the customer viewing the page does not have the font installed on their computer they will not see it. fdkediter is pretty much the same thing (and a pain in the butt to install) as the wysiwyg editers offered in the contributions area.

I would suggest using images, if they want to show off the different styles they offer.

Mmmm I found fckeditor really easy to install.

• 1 month later...

Archived