Sign in to follow this  
ccgrealm

Question about easyPopulate

I have a general question concerning easyPopulate:

Is there a way to make it so that, when I upload items using easyPopulate, the value in the v_products_quantity is added to the current total stored in my database, as opposed to overwriting it, as it does now.

For example, I run a trading cards store, and I routinely add singles to the store. If I were to upload the following example:

v_products_model

123-456-78

v_products_price

$1.00

v_products_quantity

EOREOR

EOREOR

I would like the new quantity value (in this ex., 5) to be added to the stored value in my database (for the example's sake, we'll say there are 12 singles in stock already). So, instead of entering 17 (and having to check for each item to see how many are currently in stock), I would like to add the 5 to the current 12 (I hope this makes sense....if not, I apologize).

I'm hoping that there is a patch I can add or modify to the current easyPopulate file to make this happen (I did read through the modifications at the beginning of the file, but found nothing to answer this question).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ccgrealm

Mike Greenleaf

CCG Realm

The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool. - Stephen King

support thread is here for easypopulate, which is where questions need to be posted, and when other questions regarding other contributions, they should also be posted in their respective threads.

Easy Populate

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=64945

anyway you will need to write a routine to ep for doing that insert statement.

John Oligario

Knowledge Base Contributions

Hi! That link is broken. It seems there isn't that support post anymore :(

C?lia

support thread is here for easypopulate, which is where questions need to be posted, and when other questions regarding other contributions, they should also be posted in their respective threads.

Easy Populate

Hi! That link is broken. It seems there isn't that support post anymore :(

C?lia

Easy Populate

I have been unable to figure out how to get EP to read from and write to the "Product_Attributes_Download" table.

When I download, edit and reload, the db has a fit (A Big Thumbs up for Back Ups) and loses the download file names for the products. In attributes the files are missing after reload.

A pointer to the solution if I have missed it, or a suggested solution, if one hasn't been discussed before

Steve