• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osc and phpbb

hi guys

is there a way to add members from osc to phpbb at the same time like register them on both while they register to site cause right now they have to register to both to have access to ordering stuff from store then to have support they have to register to forum!..

since i'm making a site for a computer store and i want to use phpbb to offer clients technical support on products they buy from my store they have to register to both at the same time!

Thank you!

Rejean Turgeon

R.A.S. Informatique

There is a phpBB contrib that does exactly what you are describing. When a customer wants to register for phpBB, they are redirected to the osC registration process. phpBB and osC then share the same user database.

-jared

There are actualy 2 mods for this. I was able to combine both so that while signing up the customers can put in a forum username in the regular store signup. Then it automatically would put the user into the database on a subdomain.

Notice over 300 registered and only 1 post by me LOL :D

Signup here;

http://www.misterbling.com

Username windups here automatically;

http://www.forum.misterbling.com

If you want something like this pm me and I'll try to find the 2 contribs specifically. Why on a subdomain? Google sees as a seperate website alltogether. You could do to an entirely different website too, just have to share the same database.

Edited by misterbling

• 4 weeks later...

I could really use a working contrib set that will allow me to do this. I'm still fairly new with oscommerce and php in general. Any help to this regard is greatly appreciated. I have tried the publicly released contribs that claim to do this, but they are either missing files, outdated or just simply confusing as hell.

Thanks in advance for a contrib that makes sense and really works.

~Uber

Thank you guys it's all set and working just fine thank's for the great help you gave on this!.

I could really use a working contrib set that will allow me to do this.  I'm still fairly new with oscommerce and php in general.  Any help to this regard is greatly appreciated.  I have tried the publicly released contribs that claim to do this, but they are either missing files, outdated or just simply confusing as hell.

Thanks in advance for a contrib that makes sense and really works.

~Uber

• 2 weeks later...