• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to track affiliate ID?

lolati

Hello

Mod affiliate OSC:

"is there a way to make it so that anyone who makes a purchase in the future from the affiliate, gets credit for it? "

and this answer:

It's possible. Store the affiliate_id in the customer table, when the customer logs in back into the affiliate session

Ok but how exactly do I manage to make this work? Adding a field to the customer table is one thing but what do I have to do to make it work?

Thanks

Lola

Ms2

Lola

the length of time you have set for a 'cookie' on the customer's browser will determine this, read thru the affiliate documentation, you will find out how to set this. some companies only do it for a month, others for up to one year, up to you how you handle that.

dont know where you got the 'add a field' . .. it is all done via cookies

the length of time you have set for a 'cookie' on the customer's browser will determine this, read thru the affiliate documentation, you will find out how to set this.  some companies only do it for a month, others for up to one year, up to you how you handle that.

dont know where you got the 'add a field'  . .. it is all done via cookies

Yes but If I set up the cookies lifetime to 1 year (31 556 926 seconds) how do I set it up for lifetime (eg: 99 years= an outrageous number of seconds.. can't even calculate and I doubt this number would be understood by the script)?

Lola

Ms2

Lola