• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More Category Boxes

Hi,

I have followed the instructions for adding this contribution, but I keep getting a sql error when importing the new table i.e. "#1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'configuration_id' at row 1"

Can anybody shed some light please?

Thanks

I really enjoy this contrib... thanks. Two notes. I had added additional contribs and noticed that I need to to make some slight changes to the code of this one coming in. Nothing big... (I'm no coder.. I just barely know my way around PHP) but there would have been some extra semicolons and brackets if I had copied the code exactly..... lets see.. in Step 4 - admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

Replace the following lines:
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');
 }

With this:
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MORE_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MORE_CATEGORIES . '</a>');
 }

the code was put in but instead of the last few characters my current file showed an ending of

'</a><br>'

so instead of inserting

'</a>');  }

I inserted the above again... the semicolon and closing bracket were further down on the page...

Maybe this will help someone without any PHP knowledge.

I have one questions though. All my extra category boxes are not in the same style as my default categories box. I like the style of the default box better... as it sticks to the theme of my site with smaller text and green text subcatagories. Any ideas on how I can get them uniform??

• 2 weeks later...

I install the files attached in zip file added in "More Category Boxes with 4 Languages" but when i open my index page i take the following mesage:

1146 - Table 'oscommerce.table_categories_more_languages' doesn't exist

select * from categories_more,TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES where enabled = 1 and languages_id = '1' and box_id_language= box_id

Have somebody any idea what is the problem?

• 2 weeks later...
I install the files attached in zip file added in "More Category Boxes with 4 Languages" but when i open my index page i take the following mesage:

select * from categories_more,TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES where enabled = 1 and languages_id = '1' and box_id_language= box_id

first i got this also... then i fixet column left..

then i got this

Fatal Eror..... \includes\application_top.php on line 533

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've been using this contribution for ages on one site and I'm just setting up a new website and have made a copy of my original site on the same server. The problem I have though is when I try and create a new category box on admin/more_categories.php when I hit update I get a 1064 error.

I'm stumped as this is a duplicate of a site on which this is working and its on the same server??

The error is

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select * from categories_more where box_id = 

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use this contrib with the "More Category Boxes" contrib?

Thanks,

Martin

Apologies

Should be, is it possible to use this contrib with "dm_categories" contrib?

Thanks,

Martin.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for the super contribution. I have it installed and working succesfully but I would like to have more than 10 category boxes. I have added the additional info to the database and it does show on the shopping cart, however they are not showing in the admin side to allow me to add categories to the new boxes. I am sure I am missing something easy, but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be apprecisted.

Thanks,

I have just tested the more category latest version in here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3327

I find out that the look in browser Internet Browser are not good, but it's run well in ire fox browser. Any idea about that?

Rocdy

Beginner in php programming and still learning from this forums.

Special thanks for Oscommerce Community Forums that help me a lot. :-)

I have just tested the more category latest version in here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3327

I find out that the look in browser Internet Browser are not good, but it's run well in ire fox browser. Any idea about that?

Sorry, my problem was fixed. I just go to Admin-Configuration-Images and set Images Required to "false".

:-)

Rocdy

Beginner in php programming and still learning from this forums.

Special thanks for Oscommerce Community Forums that help me a lot. :-)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Have you solved this problem?

I got them same :blink:

Best regards

Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

Great contrib...but

>> BUG FIX <<

>> table 1 = table 11 <<

Noticed 1 (one!!) question here about the problem that table 11 gets the same entry as table 1 when updating the categories in the categorie boxes. I had the same problem and was updating database entries manually in the database (which is stupid). This problem only gets a real problem when you want to use all the 25 positions in the categoerie boxes. Because table 1 entry becomes the same as table 11 you will only be able to list 24 categories in a box. When you have the same problem and want to use all the 25 positions in a box change this:

in more_categories.php find (appr. line 73)

, category11_id = '" . $category1 .

change into

, category11_id = '" . $category11 .

I checked several (all?) contribution updates and it seems to be a problem in all files named more_categories.php (and in one contribution also the file named more_categories_org.php) there is NO problem in the contibution with 50 categories (more_categories-50.php). Perhaps someone can change this when adding a new full package for this contrib.

That's all...

Greetingz and happy programming,

Peter

Hi,

Have you solved this problem?

I got them same :blink:

Best regards

Jessica

I did not use the "German" language pack. But perhaps I can help a bit.

TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES is not part of the sql query in that package, so will not become a table in the database.

Perhaps you can add another line in database_tables.php? Something like:

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES', 'categories_more');

When this doesn't work there is an error in one of the php files in that package or lines are missing in the sql query in that package.

Peter

I did not use the "German" language pack. But perhaps I can help a bit.

TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES is not part of the sql query in that package, so will not become a table in the database.

Perhaps you can add another line in database_tables.php? Something like:

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES', 'categories_more');

When this doesn't work there is an error in one of the php files in that package or lines are missing in the sql query in that package.

Peter

Thank you for your answer Peter. :)

I read another tip, that I should reinstall everything so I did that.

I deleted every file and uploaded them again.

Unforunately I didn't get happier this time either. :blink:

This is the meassege I get now.

Warning: main(includes/boxes/more_categories.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/ackispac/rcmaffian.se/Test/oscommerce_st/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php on line 37 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/boxes/more_categories.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php4ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/ackispac/rcmaffian.se/Test/oscommerce_st/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php on line 37

Hope someone can help me or guide me to the right directions.

//Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

I read another tip, that I should reinstall everything so I did that.

I deleted every file and uploaded them again.

Reinstall will not help because the "German" package has something missing (or errors). In more_categories.php of that upload there is a line which needs "TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES". Because that is not in the sql or in any other file it will not work. I presume you need the language pack? The previous uploads are working well (only problem with the table 1 = table 11 which cab fixed easy).

I will have a better look (for you) what the problem of that German package is. I have never installed it, so I had no errors off course ;-)

Did you copy more_categories.php again in 'includes/boxes/more_categories.php (according to your error???)

KR,

Peter

Hi,

Had another look to the TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES problem. As I see it the "German" package is missing a proper sql file. According to the php files the table needs to be added to the database. That new table has to include includes lang0 till lang6. So if you want to use the "German" package you have to alter the database yourself by adding another table (or make a new sql file)

Reinstalling or changing names in database_tables.php will NOT help to solve the problems with this package (it is just missing a proper sql file).

KR,

Peter

Hi,

Had another look to the TABLE_CATEGORIES_MORE_LANGUAGES problem. As I see it the "German" package is missing a proper sql file. According to the php files the table needs to be added to the database. That new table has to include includes lang0 till lang6. So if you want to use the "German" package you have to alter the database yourself by adding another table (or make a new sql file)

Reinstalling or changing names in database_tables.php will NOT help to solve the problems with this package (it is just missing a proper sql file).

KR,

Peter

Peter, THANK YOU! :rolleyes:

I don't need the german language.

I will download another version instead and try one more time.

(hold your thumbs for me please :) )

Best regards

Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

Peter, THANK YOU! :rolleyes:

I don't need the german language.

I will download another version instead and try one more time.

(hold your thumbs for me please :) )

Best regards

Jessica

Hello again Jessica,

When you do not need more languages just install one of the other versions. I presume you have already used the sql query of the "German" pack, but that is the correct sql for all the other packs (which is the problem with the German pack).

In fact when you uploaded and changed everything for the "German" package, you will probably only have to upload the (two) new versions of categories_more.php. But please change in the file the issue I described as "table 1 = table 11" (see my post here Sep 13 2009).

KR,

Peter (which my thumbs up)

Peter....

I think I have done something stupid :blush:

I deleted every file and started all over again...

It went well until I should upload the sql file one more time :blush:

Now I get this meassege in phpmyadmin.

Error

SQL-question:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )

VALUES (

'8675309', 'More Categories', 'More Category Boxes options', '20', '1'

);

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '8675309' for key 1

Maby I shoudn't have deleted it?

I thought that was the best... to start all over.

I found the code you wanted me to change.

You are so kind trying to help me and I'm just making a new mess instead. *sorry*

Can you help me with this too?

//Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

Error

SQL-question:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )

VALUES (

'8675309', 'More Categories', 'More Category Boxes options', '20', '1'

);

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '8675309' for key 1

Can you help me with this too?

//Jessica

Hi again,

I do not know what you deleted, I presumed all the php files, but not the database table (table named "categories_more"). According to your error you try to run the sql for the second time but the table allready exists, so that is good. Just let the database as it is now. Only problem you could have is when you now want to use the 50 category option, that will not work when you have used the sql query for the 20 categieries (looking to your error I can see that you have used that database table).

So when you have not deleted anything from the database the table you need still exist in the database and you can forget the sql query. Just upload the new php files and look what happens. It is just an addition and you can choose in admin if you want your normal category box or the new more categories boxes, so you can allways turn it off (or on) in admin.

If you still have problems just let me know. You could also send me a PM.

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

I think there are at least 4 members here (5 including me) asking the same question but no answer or solution. :(

Everything works great :thumbsup: but the site doesn't look good at all. :'(

When adding more categories the right column and the content of the site falls further down on the site.

You cant se any products if you don't scroll down.

Does anyone have a solution to this? :blink:

All of you who had this problem, have you solved it or deleted more categories?

//Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

Hi all,

I installed this contrib and its working fine. Only 1 thing that i would to change.

If u click on a top cat that is in the box, the subcats expand under it. I dont want that they expand, but that only the top cats stay in the box.

Someone who can tell me how to do that?

Thnx in advance,

Peter

Hi all,I installed this contrib and its working fine. Only 1 thing that i would to change.If u click on a top cat that is in the box, the subcats expand under it. I dont want that they expand, but that only the top cats stay in the box.Someone who can tell me how to do that?Thnx in advance,Peter

Alrdy found it, just comment out: $tree[$value]['next_id'] = $first_id;