• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post shipping module v0.3: Please Help!

helvetica

Re: CanadaPost Shipping Module 0.3-For MS1 and later

Ok I have read the forum posts regarding this shipping module and I have no idea what my problem is but it's just not working for me.

After installing the latest module by Kenneth Wang (the one without the dimensions) I fill in all the information that I need I do a test check out and when I get to the shipping page, all i have ever gotten was:

"This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.Cannot reach Canada Post Server. You may refresh this page (Press F5) to try again. If you prefer to use canadapost as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

Thats all i ever get! no matter how many time sI refresh. I do have a CPC account set up with Canada post and I even did changes Typhoon suggested in the last fix added to the contributions page...

Maybe someone can just send me a working version of the module? :) help me please.

Make sure you have set up your account properly on the Canada Post web site and that you have an account on their production server. It does not work on the test server.

Hello,

Could you please inform me of how to sign up to the production server?

When you called/emailed Canada Post to get your account number they automatically put it on the test server. You have to call/email them back and ask to be transfered to the production server.

• 2 years later...
Damn GoDaddy must be the worst Web Host, they do not have port 30000 open which is needed for the Canada Post Server! <_< >_<

Hi, were you ever able to get them to open the port? I've just run into this as well, so far everything else is working, would suck to have to move again!

Let me know,

Thanks

Craig

Hello, all. I am not a coder, but a humble cut and paster who is trying to get her own website together. I know there must be a simple answer for this, but I have been struggling with it for hours before deciding to write a post - I have downloaded the July 24/07 version posted by sanam and placed the files in the proper folders. I have a sellonline account with Canada Post and CPCID. I think I have changed the CPCID in the php file to my CPCID, but all I keep getting back from trials of the site is "Merchant CPC Id not found on server." Two questions - could someone please tell me what exactly I am supposed to replace in the CPCID in the canadapost.php file?

$this->CPCID = MODULE_SHIPPING_CANADAPOST_CPCID;

Is it only in the 'class constructor' area or other places?

Thank you so much.

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

check this there is a solution for that problem not tested yet

see : Alternate Curl Code if PORT 30000 not working

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...2/search,canada

this is not working for me. does someone have the complete canadapost.php file with this mod already working? it would be great if they could post it here for me to cut and paste. i have tried this mod a few times but with no luck. thanks in advance!

Hello, all. I am not a coder, but a humble cut and paster who is trying to get her own website together. I know there must be a simple answer for this, but I have been struggling with it for hours before deciding to write a post - I have downloaded the July 24/07 version posted by sanam and placed the files in the proper folders. I have a sellonline account with Canada Post and CPCID. I think I have changed the CPCID in the php file to my CPCID, but all I keep getting back from trials of the site is "Merchant CPC Id not found on server." Two questions - could someone please tell me what exactly I am supposed to replace in the CPCID in the canadapost.php file?

$this->CPCID = MODULE_SHIPPING_CANADAPOST_CPCID;

Is it only in the 'class constructor' area or other places?

Thank you so much.

:blink:

your user profile and ID should be input under your administration panel under MODULES, SHIPPING. as far as i know, you should not be changing your php file at all. of course, this mod is not working for me... but i did have it working just fine last year before there were changes....

this is not working for me. does someone have the complete canadapost.php file with this mod already working? it would be great if they could post it here for me to cut and paste. i have tried this mod a few times but with no luck. thanks in advance!

the curl workaround is in a complete canadapost.php file but it is the one for canada post shipping without dimensions. however, i did a clean install with that module and cannot get it to work (the curl workaround). my checkout page simply does not load.

i have tried altering the curl coding but to no avail. anyone out there have this working on the dimensional canada post contribution? i've been at it all day and all last night.

my hosting company will not open port 30000 for me.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

the curl workaround is in a complete canadapost.php file but it is the one for canada post shipping without dimensions. however, i did a clean install with that module and cannot get it to work (the curl workaround). my checkout page simply does not load.

i have tried altering the curl coding but to no avail. anyone out there have this working on the dimensional canada post contribution? i've been at it all day and all last night.

my hosting company will not open port 30000 for me.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

I have been working on this for hours and cant get it.. same tried any cURL option i could and nothing seems to be working... anyone?

• 1 month later...

Just installed the contrib and having the same message stating that Canada Post cannot find my CPC ID. I was using my 7 digit Venture1 account number. So I take it this is not the ID number to enter, but we need to get them to assign us an actual CPC number correct?

• 1 month later...
Just installed the contrib and having the same message stating that Canada Post cannot find my CPC ID. I was using my 7 digit Venture1 account number. So I take it this is not the ID number to enter, but we need to get them to assign us an actual CPC number correct?

Correct. They will issue you an id which looks like CPC_SOMENAME.

Jason

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My canada post id does not have cpc_name it is just an id that I set up. Is that the correct one to use?

I cannot get mine working either. I have tried multiple things and currently when you get to the shipping address page it just keeps returning there whenever continue is pressed.

Help!!!

• 1 month later...
Hi,

My canada post id does not have cpc_name it is just an id that I set up. Is that the correct one to use?

I cannot get mine working either. I have tried multiple things and currently when you get to the shipping address page it just keeps returning there whenever continue is pressed.

Help!!!

mY PORT 3000 is working as I get an xml answer but my id is not working and it is a CPC_NAME

Im not sure what else to do .