• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I updated with the latest release, but now cannot redeem a voucher balance. Before the update I could redeem a voucher, but the balance in my account never decreased, now I have a balance, but cannot redeem.. Any ideas where to start to look...

In /catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php

Find the following:

function collect_posts() {

and look for the following line:

$post_var = 'c_' . $GLOBALS[$class]->code;

and change it to:

$post_var = 'c' . $GLOBALS[$class]->code;

This will take care of showing the redeemed Gift Voucher amount. However, it is still not deducting the redeemed amount from the GV total. I'm still working on that. Any help is appreciated.

I went back and tested the change I posted above and it actually took care of all my issues. It is showing the deduction amount on the order page when redeeming a gift voucher and also deducting the amount redeemed upon confirmation of the order.

I hope this helps someone.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also found an error in /catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php :

Find the following code:

function credit_selection() {

Look for this code below it:

$output_string = ' <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" >' . "\n" .

and change it to:

$output_string .= ' <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" >' . "\n" .

Edited by Proetorian

pretorian: which version are you playing with? you do not want to put in the .- there or it will double the output and the 'c_' is out of the new release also the 'post' instead of $post vars

trpost: which version are you playing with?

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

look people do not use 5.10... use 5.10b .. you will save yourselves untold hours of trying to figure out what is going on.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

such & such? I haven't heard that one.. what kind of error msg... for what function or page

where is my coffee

He he - look at your browser address bar when you redeem a voucher :D

eg.

https://www.my_server.com/checkout_payment.php?error_message=Congratulations%2C+you+have+redeemed+%2420.00

Matti

such & such? I haven't heard that one.. what kind of error msg... for what function or page

where is my coffee

He he - look at your browser address bar when you redeem a voucher :D

eg.

https://www.my_server.com/checkout_payment.php?error_message=Congratulations%2C+you+have+redeemed+%2420.00

Matti

Matti:

This is not exactly an error message... in fact the "error_message" is only the generic value name to call the message to display... it could'of been "message" or whatever... ;)

using 2.2.2 and 510b. Everything works except for two things:

shipping is charged for gift certificate(weight on item set to:'0')

Here are my admin settings in modules/order total:

Discount Coupons 6

Gift Vouchers 740

Handling Fee

Low Order Fee

Delivery(shipping) 741

Your Order Sub-Total 1

Convenience Chg

Tax 7

Total 742

Here are my admin settings in modules/order total/gift voucher:

Gift Vouchers

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Queue Purchases

false

Include Shipping

true

Include Tax

false

Re-calculate Tax

Standard

Tax Class

--none--

Credit including Tax

false

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

add_ccgvdc_application_top.php

still receiving $10 gc with welcome email:

Set the amount of a Gift Voucher that the new signup will receive, set to 0 for none

// define('NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '0'); // placed in the admin configuration mystore

//

// Set the coupon ID that will be sent by email to a new signup, if no id is set then no email :)

// define('NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '0'); // placed in the admin configuration mystore

I have searched this thread, but quite frankly, it has gotten too big and confusing for my small brain.

http://www.gogogrocery.com

As always, any help greaty appreciated.

"Aliiiiive, it's alive, it's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!"

Your Sort Order looks wrong. Try this...

Sub-Total -- 1

Shipping -- 2

Tax -- 3

Discount Coupons -- 4

Gift Vouchers -- 5

Total -- 6

I would also set Queue Purchases to True, to cut down a fraudulant GV purchases.

As for the signup Email, these settings are now in Admin/Configuration/MyStore. If its not, you must not be using v5.10b.

-R

the amount of the welcome gift voucher and the welcome disoucnt coupon code ..(*not the id !!!!!*) ... are now in the admin->configuration->my store so they are accessible from the admin panel

unless you have them set somewhere else

When Gift Voucher FAQ is added to my breadcrumb trail, it's in a different font/color than what I have set. I don't see anywhere in the GV mod where this is changed and there's nothing in stylesheet.css for it. But it only happens for GV. Anyone know where this is being altered?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

well .. the gv_xxx.php files use the default stylesheet.css if you are using a different stylesheet then you will need to load that.

well .. the gv_xxx.php files use the default stylesheet.css if you are using a different stylesheet then you will need to load that.

Ok. finally found the problem. In gv_faq you have $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE); which causes it to use body in css by default. Changing it to

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ)); will cause it to use the css breadcrumb selector.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

FYI...

I just verified that the code I posted for displaying the Payment Method will definitely work on the Catalog side in ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO.PHP, as well as ADMIN/INVOICE.PHP

-R

Hi, might be a dumb question, but how do you make it so when someone buys a gift voucher it doesnt ask them to choose a shipping amount. I use the UPS XML shipping module. Thanks and great MOD!

Hi, ask for advise again :rolleyes:

How to popup a window when customer enter a coupon code and redeem sucessfully?

Because some of my testers report that they have to spend a little time to find out they have redeemed their coupon and the new balance on the check out page.

So, I think it will be more confidence if a window popup and tell them information directly, such as:" You have sucessfully redeem a coupon" then show them the code, coupon credit and the new order total. :)

The Coupon Redeem info and link is displayed prominently in the Shopping Cart infoBox. Just click on the link and a popup is displayed with the Coupon info.

-R

Newbie needs advice here if anyone can spare a minute...

Can this contribution account for zones? I need to offer free shipping on just a few categories and then only to one zone. Is there a way to do that with this?

Thank you for any advice!

Thank you!

But how to let it popup automatically? :)

Because my stonefront is using 750 in width with left column only

The shopcart box is under 2 infoboxs, customer may not catch the coupon info at once :(

leafi...

One idea would be to make the Coupon Text a different and brighter color than everything else so it's a bit more eye catching.

Since this is not currently a feature included with the contribution, you are completely welcome to write the code. Then, you can share it with all of us. :)

It can be accomplished with Javascript and an alert box.

-R