osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Every dollar amount entered, be it with/without dollar sign, with/without decimal, etc. it returns an "Invalid Amount" error.

What can I do to correct this error??

Any help would be appreciated!

~Roq

Did you create the gift vouchers and do the admin stuff for the?

there is nothing to create in the admin panel. There are only four options that i see and none allow adding of vouchers / gift certificates. I see:

Coupon Admin

Gift Voucher Queue

Mail Gift Voucher

Gift Vouchers sent

Is that what you were referring to?

~Roq

there is nothing to create in the admin panel. There are only four options that i see and none allow adding of vouchers / gift certificates. I see:

Coupon Admin

Gift Voucher Queue

Mail Gift Voucher

Gift Vouchers sent

Is that what you were referring to?

~Roq

You need to create a gift voucher as a product in the admin catalog..

Looks like you have the admin stuff.

I've installed 5.18 on my server. It works fine. When I upload it to the client's server and create a coupon in the admin form, I get the error

Error: No coupon amount has been entered. Either enter an amount or select free shipping.

When I put an echo in just before this, the amount field is null. When I put a print_r in, I see that all the form fields are posted back null. I tried changing $HTTP_POST_VARS to $_POST to see if that would help...no effect.

I've installed 5.18 on my server. It works fine. When I upload it to the client's server and create a coupon in the admin form, I get the error

Error: No coupon amount has been entered. Either enter an amount or select free shipping.

When I put an echo in just before this, the amount field is null. When I put a print_r in, I see that all the form fields are posted back null. I tried changing $HTTP_POST_VARS to $_POST to see if that would help...no effect.

Found it...it's that the https server changes the url , and the post array ends up not posting

You need to create a gift voucher as a product in the admin catalog..

Looks like you have the admin stuff.

Create one here-ish - /catalog/admin/categories.php? Is it supposed to appear as a manufacturer (nothing there if it is)? Or do I just create a product with no tax? How do I set it as a voucher?

This is kinda silly. Why is there no How-To manual with this?

~Roq

• 2 weeks later...
No, i get the same results on a new MS2.

Ive installed the files, settings and admin modules.

Queue Purchases

false

Have a voucher for $22.00 and cant select to have it included on checkout.

Any ideas why its left unclickable on checkout?

i got same problem which you have i also buy a new MS2 for my little. when i installed the there files some error will display i have replace all file and copy new but error will not gone with the file from the mod.i also have there coupon . Any one who now about this problem please help me to solve this problem.If you find solution of this problem then me.

Create one here-ish - /catalog/admin/categories.php? Is it supposed to appear as a manufacturer (nothing there if it is)? Or do I just create a product with no tax? How do I set it as a voucher?

This is kinda silly. Why is there no How-To manual with this?

~Roq

From the install instructions of an earlier version:

Creating a Gift Voucher.

Creating a gift voucher for a customer to buy is the same as creating a new product with the exception that the gift vouchers model number must start with the word GIFT in upper case. It can be GIFT_25 or GIFT25 or whatever you would like to use. as the suffix to the word. But MUST START with the word GIFT You can create gift vouchers in any denomination. Gift certificate images have been provide in the catalog\images directory in denominations of 25$, 50$ and 100$ values.

You can also create gift vouchers by sending them to your customers via the admin->Vouchers/Coupons->Mail Gift Voucher selection within the admin. To use this to send a voucher to a customer use the drop down customer list. To send to a single customer or future customer you can put their email in the Email To: text box. Do not use both the customer dropdown list and the Email To: text box or the customer will get 2 gift vouchers. To determine what values the gift voucher is used on please see the doc on modules->order total->gift vouchers.

Gift vouchers are a virtual product. In this regard, in many shops, they do not require shipping charges to be added to them. To avert the shipping charge on gift vouchers set the weight of the gift voucher to 0 when creating the product and enable downloads by setting true the value admin->configuration->downloads->enable download .

• 2 weeks later...

I am having some difficulties getting this contribution functional. I installed it manually using the instructions (even re-installed it to see if I missed anything) and problems persist. In the order total module, I am not sure if the CCGV is installing. Next to both the gift voucher and coupon module I continue to see 'Install' instead of 'Edit'. If I double click either, I can pull up the information. I can purchase a GV (properly named GIFT) and an email is sent that it has been purchased. The problem is that it never appears in the queue.

I am having some difficulties getting this contribution functional. I installed it manually using the instructions (even re-installed it to see if I missed anything) and problems persist. In the order total module, I am not sure if the CCGV is installing. Next to both the gift voucher and coupon module I continue to see 'Install' instead of 'Edit'. If I double click either, I can pull up the information. I can purchase a GV (properly named GIFT) and an email is sent that it has been purchased. The problem is that it never appears in the queue.

Look in the other thread you started.

The stock CCGV code has a simple format when it comes to free-shipping and a fixed discount/percentage discount. If you use the free shipping option in CCGV the coupon percentage/fixed descount is overrided.

"The coupon gives free shipping on an order. Note. This overrides the coupon_amount figure but respects the minimum order value"

Thank you very much for the input. Only problem is that while adding free shipping to a coupon code does indeed work, it makes all shipping options free (including UPS overnight!). Obviously I don't want that to happen... I only want one option from my Table ship method to be free over $x.xx. I want the UPS module and any others to remain 'normal'.

Thanks again for any further thoughts!

Edited by josh1r

Hi.

I have installed the "Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons" contrib and everything works fine except the fact that I get a warning message in that say ERROR_REDEEMED....(picture is linked below)

I searched this forum and found something that might work but all it did was turning the warning green instead of red!

I would like it to go away totally and not just change color.

I searched the forum before and can not finds any solution to this so if somebody would like so be so kind and and help me and/or post a link to a place were I can find a solution i will be most grateful.

//capo14

http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...redeemedwz5.jpg

Hi, I installed CCGV on my site, and all seems to work ok, except that I can no longer process credit card orders now. I'm using the payflowpro.php module. Any time I try to process a credit card order, I get the general header error "Credit Card Error! Please try again." Any idea why this may be?

The site is here:

http://www.iplaymusic.com/downloadStore

Quincy

Really struggling guys!

Can anyone help with my host of errors?!

First...

I have installed all areas of the contribution as much as i can see, i installed all required modules in the Admin section and then started to try bits out. First error straight away. After trying to email a Gift Voucher i get the following error on a white background:

--------------------

Warning: mysql_insert_id(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /homepages/6/d121049916/htdocs/flrsupplies/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 117

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/6/d121049916/htdocs/flrsupplies/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:117) in /homepages/6/d121049916/htdocs/flrsupplies/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

-----------------------

I dont know if i have missed something from installation as dont remember doing anything to database.php or general.php.

I am also thinking that maybe i have done something wrong on the mysql upload?

Your help is appreciated!

Also...

When i try to add a coupon in ADMIN, it goes in but is not working as get an error at the top of the page that reads:

Warning: mysql_insert_id(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /homepages/6/d121049916/htdocs/flrsupplies/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 117

Am i right in saying i really am having some SQL problems?!

Also...

When i try to add a coupon in ADMIN, it goes in but is not working as get an error at the top of the page that reads:

Am i right in saying i really am having some SQL problems?!

did you install the sql file?

did you install the sql file?

Yes, and when i try install again to make sure i get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

#

# Table structure for table `coupon_email_track`

#

CREATE TABLE coupon_email_track(

unique_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

coupon_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',

customer_id_sent int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',

sent_firstname varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,

sent_lastname varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,

emailed_to varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,

date_sent datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

PRIMARY KEY ( unique_id )

) TYPE = MYISAM

MySQL said:

#1050 - Table 'coupon_email_track' already exists

I tried taking out line 117 from the database file (using data from error msg)

This removes the errors, and says email sends fine.

Problem is the link to the voucher says its not valid and a gift voucher cannot be redemmed due to an error on worlpday.php.

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD START AGAIN?

WARNING:: DO NOT install this Add-on!!!

I installed it about a year ago. It half-assed worked so I disabled it in the admin.

For the past 2 weeks, I have tried to un-install it by re-installing backup files. I have given up. Once installed, it cannot be un-installed!! I'm no php expert, but I have been administering linux based systems since 1989.

There are not 231 pages in this forum for no reason.

BEWARE!!!!

WARNING:: DO NOT install this Add-on!!!

I installed it about a year ago. It half-assed worked so I disabled it in the admin.

For the past 2 weeks, I have tried to un-install it by re-installing backup files. I have given up. Once installed, it cannot be un-installed!! I'm no php expert, but I have been administering linux based systems since 1989.

There are not 231 pages in this forum for no reason.

BEWARE!!!!

I could not agree more, install the supported version.