• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

penge the code you referred to is not in the 5.04 gvdc and above. I did find it in the original loaded 5 but the version I have is pretty old.

You really need to be careful about the contribs you try to install since some are for ms1 and some are for ms2 and in most but not all instances these two versions will not share contrib code.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said what is your sort order?

do you have gv set to queue the purchase of the gv?

Check - includes/add_application_top.php

DEFINE('GV_IMMEDIATE', false);

I tried what you said penge and unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I must have different issue.

Strider, thanks for responding. Here are my answers to your questions. My sort order is the same listed on the installation sheet included with the contribution. And yes, I have the GV set to queue.

What's happening, as mentioned in earlier posts is nothing is added to the queue database. When I email a gift voucher, there is not a problem.

1) In the Configuration Box of Admin you have the option "Download" on the left side. Click that link and you will be presented four configuration options, one of them is "Enable download".

/Fred

Fred,

Thnx, I can't beleive I overlooked that! **bashes head on table** to many 120+ hour weeks!

Anyways, looks like vouchers is working like a charm! Strider, and whoever else produced this code... thnx!

Is there a paypal account where people can contribute some $ for future developement of the voucher system?

Edited by thooper

hi!

while working on the module, i still have the following problems.

maybe somebody would like to help:

shopping cart

----------------

after selecting a credit, the link fo details won't become visible. same either for vouchers.

after redeem a voucher the shopping cart total is not getting recalculated.

when i look in the database, the credit-amount is still the same; has not been reduced.

this procedure works fine with credits - but not with vouchers.

activate a perchased voucher

----------------------------------

when somebody buys a voucher, the voucher does not get queued. the admin-option to get ququed is se.

thank you very much for any help and regards - Martin

mpally: It sounds like you don't have GIFT as the first part of your model number of the gift voucher.

ie model number = GIFT-whatever

or GIFTwhatever

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

shoping cart

--------------

i just checked if there are problems together with the contribl. 'free shipping over a certain amount' in /includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php;

but there aren't.

i can not understand why tep_session_is_registered('gv_id') is not true when

redeem a voucher is checked.

any idea?

Well, after reading 30 plus pages of problems I was hesitant to try and install this mod. After a week of "getting ready" I finally did it. It works flawlessly! I had to redo the install because I wasn't careful enough the first time, but it is a great contribution!

Thanks,

Terry

glad it works for you terry .. it is thought to be one of the more complex contribs I suppose but actually it is a very simple mod .. you just have to do it one step at a time...

In Install.html it says

Sort Order:

This needs to be set according to how you want tax to be calculated. You will also need to change the sort order of the other order total modules.

I would set the sort order of the order total modules as follows.

No tax recalculation required.

Sub-total - Sort order = 1

Shipping - Sort order = 2

Tax - Sort order = 3

Gift Voucher - Sort order = 4

Discount Coupons - Sort Order =5

Total - Sort Order = 6

---------------------------------

If I do that, then the "Tick to use Gift Voucher account balance -> " is not shown so buyer can't use the vaucher to pay :unsure:

then if i change the Gift Voucher - Sort order to be higher then Total, the "Tick to use Gift Voucher account balance -> " is available and buyer can use it to pay.

Why is it so? I still dont understand it even after read through the forum, maybe i miss somewhere hope you can tell me again.

----------------------------------------

In Install.html it didnt say how to make the shipping not charged for people buying the cert.

In this forum got the tip, set Download - true in configuration and weight of gift 0 Zero

----------------------------------------

Help / Install.html should be redone. its confusing in the last part and the Install system also has to be changed, instead of providing a replacement page for the pages which should be (EDIT||MOVE) it is allot better to include Install file which tell what code to add in what page at which place.

for example

New_Install_file.html :D

Open/Edit /catalog/checkout_shipping.php

Find

$Id: checkout_shipping.php,v 1.16 2003/06/09 23:03:53 hpdl Exp $

Replace with

$Id: checkout_shipping.php,v 1.16 2003/07/24 23:03:53 Strider Exp $

$Id: checkout_shipping.php,v 1.16 2003/06/09 23:03:53 hpdl Exp $

$Id: checkout_shipping.php,v 1.9.2.2 2003/05/13 22:27:48 wilt Exp $

-The reason for this is many people would have other modification made by installing other contrib and quite some large amount of people would have replace the file with the one included, since there is no information what to edit in the original file,

For example I had to open them in EditPad, compare both file and add any extra code i found in the file included with this contrib to my original file. that cost me allot of time :( and the hunt for the code like catching mouse , hahaha.

BUT 1 thing i admid, you did say N.B. When searching contribution files for details of changes. Search for the string ICW which is at the start of all edit/amend comments.

I miss that part until when i wrote this :D. I believe many will miss it as well :))

Once install it work like a babe, so great, so beautiful.

Thanks and as a way to say thanks for this fine contribution of yours, I send ian and Jason Gift Cert worth $30 each so you can get item from my store :).

I wish you and everyone contribute to this contribution a very prosperous life for making my life easier :P

Forgot to say, this is the hardest contribution to install not because its hard or something. but because Jason says so :))

Installation.

Installation of the Credit Class code can be quite difficult.......... I pospone the installation of this module for over 10 days because i thought it would be that hard and I dont have any knowledge of php whatsoever

But then, Jason says "If you follow the instructions below file by file then your installation of the contribution should go smoothly."

Yes its is really easy. except few confusing thing in the install.html like

catalog/create_account_process.php is deprecated as of 2.2.2 and has been folded into

catalog/create_account.php

catalog/create_account_process.php (EDIT||MOVE)either move to osCommerce installations as catalog/create_account_process.php if compatible or

edit your original file.

catalog/create_account.php (EDIT||MOVE)

either move to osCommerce installations as catalog/create_account_process.php if compatible or

edit your original file.

Man why cant you say create_account_process.php is deprecated as of 2.2.2 and if anyone has 2.2.2 can skip that file and use create_account.php instead.

I see the contribution has not been updated further for quite some time since no one complain of any bug so its time for a new and better Install File :P

Wish you luck

it does say that create account process is deprecated along with a few other scripts that were deprecated as of 2.2.2 .

But I am glad you have such a handle on the installation jaleel .. maybe you will be kind enough to rewrite it for us so it is not confusing to everyone but me and whoever and will explain it in better detail. I will be the first to admit my documentation skills are probably sorely lacking .. or maybe you would like to pay someone to install it for you and write the documentation .. *grins* .. for some reason I doubt it.

Jason, I wrote the above after i successfully install it :D.

Well you receive a Gift Cert to your email from me right ;) but in the message i said Ian while i really meant Jason :rolleyes:

OsCommerce and all the contrib is really much easier to do.

I install Interchange for my other webstore at www.officialreplicas.com about 1 month before i found OsCommerce.

I was not able to install or modify any of it and had to pay others for the job, the site running well but if i need to add any feature then i need to ask others to do it which i really pay :P .

The Documentation i cannot write because i don't know much of the feature this contrib have :D which i am sure i know and use only part of its rich feature thanks to you, Ian and all otehrs who contribute to this :)

Jaleel, thank you for the offer but I don't need a gift cert. Maybe send it to the core team if you like.

We do the best we can in the hour we can allot ourselves to make contribs like this. It would be nice to be able to afford to do the contribs the way they should be, but sometimes it is better to get them out then on subsequent releases add to them. What is your native language Jaleel? I need translations done into french and spanish of the language files and even the install.

Man , I read from page 1 and what i see until page 4 is error because of 1 small mistake in the install.html file, hehehe . the same mistake is still being done by I think almost everyone before they find the fix from this forum :), well atleast i did.

the original file says

No tax recalculation required

Tax - Sort order = 3

Gift Voucher - Sort order = 4

Discount Coupons - Sort Order =5

Total - Sort Order = 6

The Real Sort Order which will make it work

No tax recalculation required

Tax - Sort order = 3

Gift Voucher - Sort order = 5

Discount Coupons - Sort Order =4

Total - Sort Order = 6

Making the Discount Coupon Sort Order to default 740 will result in other problem if your Total - Sort order is less then Discount Coupon ;)

Credit goes to Benax

---------------------------------------

catalog/english.php (EDIT)

Add the following line to the end of the file just before the closing ?> tag

---------------------------------------

No file exist in that place :D

I am complaining to much :huh:

I hope to get time to help you fix the Install.html file in a few days as a way to say thanks.

Jaleel

P.S Jason maybe you would like to get a Soccer Jersey instead of the Mp3s?

Replica Soccer Jersey select which jersey you want and message me, 1 Soccer Jersey for you :)

i noticed, that the session-var 'gv_id' gets at only one place in code registered; when a voucher - received by email - is getting activated by link in that mail.

this works fine.

but in case of updating the shopping cart 'gv_id' while a voucher is redeemed, the var has never been set, so the link to the vouchers details can not be shown!

i compared every line of alls files and can not find out.

i'm getting mad.

in the end it works!

to everyone who installs this:

read line by line of the installation guide and be very careful with the upload of the various files.

then everything'll work fine - thank's everybody very much!!!

Silly question maybe for some but for me i think i should ask !

whats the difference between Discount Coupon and Gift Vaucher :lol:

how both work? I understand Gift Vaucher but i cant understand the Discount Coupon with this contrib.

Jaleel

Silly question maybe for some but for me i think i should ask !

whats the difference between Discount Coupon and Gift Vaucher  :lol:

how both work? I understand Gift Vaucher but i cant understand the Discount Coupon with this contrib.

Jaleel

Hi Jaleel,

the concept of discount coupon and gift voucher are similar but GV's can act as ordinary products in the store and you may buy and give them away. DC's are given away by the store owner itself, they can not be bought. And furthermore GV's may also be sent by mail from a customer to another customer. The store owner may send DC's out to customer(s) via email though. With GV's you have your own GV account with the shop but that is not with DC's.

DC's are very similar to coupons in ads in newspapers/magazines/commercials.

There are more differences but I hope you have a better idea of what DC's are?

/Fred

Fred now i understand both well. Thanks.

only thing is i don't know how to send or give Discount coupon. when i want to send from admin page it give away Gift Vaucher.

Jaleel

Ah, after i read the post i go to admin page and try to check it and great i found the coupon :)

Now the only problem is i want to send it to my user, i have ~2700 user registered in my website but they are not registered with the store, so whats the easiest way to send the email to them?

If i send same email which the store generate to everyone will it work?

thanks

Hi,

I need to disable Vouchers/coupons feature so it won't show up on the customer?s side.

My credit card processing company does not allow me to sell gift vouchers. However, I would love to have coupons option but no gifts.

Please let me know so i can bring my store live.

Thank you,

DJDN

Edited by djdn