• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

No, I mean't an update by Aaronwear

Thanks for getting back to me... I'll have another trawl through at some point, tried searching the forum for the name "aaron" or "wear" or "aaronwear" but didn't find anything.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for getting back to me... I'll have another trawl through at some point, tried searching the forum for the name "aaron" or "wear" or "aaronwear" but didn't find anything.

Go to the contributions download section and see if you used the 20th November 2005 modification added by aarondwyer

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Go to the contributions download section and see if you used the 20th November 2005 modification added by aarondwyer

Hello,

The one I installed was "Credit Class & Gift Voucher 5.17" from 20th September 2006 by mauriziomagnino but it does seem to include the "easier to understand" contribution - and the code is the same as the later file by aarondwyer as you mentioned. Do you know if there was another fix after this that's not in the download section?

Thanks for all your help on this, it's much appreciated!

Hello,

The one I installed was "Credit Class & Gift Voucher 5.17" from 20th September 2006 by mauriziomagnino but it does seem to include the "easier to understand" contribution - and the code is the same as the later file by aarondwyer as you mentioned. Do you know if there was another fix after this that's not in the download section?

Thanks for all your help on this, it's much appreciated!

If memory servees me correct there was an issue with the easier to understand checkout addition. I'm pretty sure there's a fix posted in the forum for it. Try going back to the forum post from 20th November 2005 onwards, maybe you'll see it.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hello,

Who knows what the difference between v2.17 and v2.18. I've just updated my CCGV to v2.17 a week ago and now is 2.18. There is no updates history in the package so I assume it's the same v2.17 plus the fixes following its release. I hope there are no any critical changes to go all over the installation again. It's so lengthy.

And I also have a question about the "Treeviev category/product selector popup for coupon_admin.php" addition by Beer Monster. May be somebody knows how to modify the code so the products are sorted by model instead of name in the popup list? I have no luck with this so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm using version 5.16, upgraded manually with all the fixes. I seem to be having an issue with shipping calculation though. If I set Enable Download to false, shipping calculates properly, except it charges shipping for gift vouchers. If I turn it on, then I get no shipping charged at all! It skips right past the 'Delivery Information' step in the checkout page.

In Checkout shipping there is the line:

if (($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight') ) {

Am I correct in guessing that CCGV determines 'virtual' items by having a weight of 0.00?

I'm curious because our distributor does not give us product weights so all the products have a defaulted weight of 0.00. I am guessing this is why I am having the issue, just wondering if somoene can confirm it.

As an oscommerce novice (I've done a few mods & a couple of contribs), my experience is limited, and I've found things MUCH easier when I have a step-by-step install document.

Is there an automated install proceedure? If not, will the "CCGV Manual Instructions Version 2" by "deathgod" dated 30June2006 work for installing CCGV 5.18?

Once installed, I assume the remaining instructions provided by "mauriziomagnino" will get me rolling?

TIA

Dave

As an oscommerce novice (I've done a few mods & a couple of contribs), my experience is limited, and I've found things MUCH easier when I have a step-by-step install document.

Is there an automated install proceedure? If not, will the "CCGV Manual Instructions Version 2" by "deathgod" dated 30June2006 work for installing CCGV 5.18?

Once installed, I assume the remaining instructions provided by "mauriziomagnino" will get me rolling?

TIA

Dave

In your own good don?t install this one. Install this one http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4135

Recently we installed Protx_Direct 2.0 contribution. I have just noticed that for some reason our CCGV that we have installed is now not working. When you try to redeem the coupon code it says that it has redeemed it but it never takes it off of the final price. It doesn't seem to matter what payment method you choose it will still give this message and not take the discount off.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

regards

Nick

After a bit of fiddling around with the Order total i now have it working again.

I was just going to say that it had to do with either your checkout_confirmation page or the protx module.. glad you sorted it out.

CHOOCH

Hoping this is the correct place to post......

I DID backup my catalog before adding the contribution, CCGV5.18. I had trouble getting the contrib to work properly, so I deleted the catalog and reuploaded my backed up catalog from before.

Now I get the following error on the checkout_confirmation page:

Warning: order_total(includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fabadmin/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 25

Warning: order_total(includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fabadmin/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 25

Warning: order_total(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fabadmin/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 25

Warning: order_total(includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fabadmin/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 26

Warning: order_total(includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fabadmin/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 26

Warning: order_total(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fabadmin/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 26

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: ot_coupon in /home/fabadmin/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 29

Here's the code from the order_total.php page (line 23 through 30)

reset($this->modules);
	while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {
	  include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/order_total/' . $value);
	  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'order_total/' . $value);

$class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
	  $GLOBALS[$class] = new $class;
	}

Note: I don't have the ot_coupon.php page in includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php since I reuploaded the catalog from before I ever installed the contribution.

By the way, the store is http://fabulalife.com/catalog

Please let me know if any more information is needed and how I can fix the error. Thank you very much!

Jill

First, thanks everyone for the great contributions. But of course, I do have a problem and this is why I am posting.

My coupon codes are working great, except during subsequent checkouts. Any initial checkout with a coupon code works great. However, if I immediately go through a second checkout process the coupon code does not apply. Specifically what happens is, I post the coupon code, the confirmation displays for the correct discount amount, but the coupon code does not display in the order summary/total. If I post the coupon again, everything works great. It does not matter what type of coupon I apply you just have to post it twice.

I have seem several posts, but nothing exactly like this. I do not appear to be having the same problem on a dev server; it only happens on the production server. The only solution is to close the browser.

The server information is as follows:

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

Server OS: Linux 2.4.9-e.34smp

Database: MySQL 3.23.56-log

PHP Version: 4.3.0 (Zend: 1.3.0)

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b PHP/4.3.0 mod_perl/1.27

It appears that the server is not saving the cc_id session variable. I can echo the variable right before the tep_redirect('success') line in ot_coupon.php and everything looks great. However, if I put and echo, die() at the top of the checkout_payment.php file, the session variable is not defined. I have attempted to compare the $GLOBAL and $_SESSION variables during the first checkout and before and after the second, but came up dry. I looked at the php.ini settings and found nothing unusual. Register_Globals is (reluctantly) on.

Sadly, I am running out options. The (Trad) code really does appear to have many differences. I am now going to try manually closing out the session and deleting the cookie. Thanks for any suggestions.

I post the coupon code, the confirmation displays for the correct discount amount, but the coupon code does not display in the order summary/total. If I post the coupon again, everything works great.

there was an answer to this posted sometime back.... look throught the posts, I'm sure you'll find it.

CHOOCH

Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this to the right place. And I hope someone might have a little insight into my problem.

I've installed the latest version of "Credit Class and Gift Voucher" contribution (v5.18) on a vanilla install of oscommerce. I've been testing this to get an understanding of how it functinos.

All was ok until I tried to check out using both a discount coupon id (for free postage) and paying with vouchers.

Normally when you select to pay with vouchers you also have to select another payment method in case the voucher balance does not cover the purchase. Well, after applying the discount coupon mentioned earlier, when I select the tick box for gift vouchers, all other payment radio buttons become greyed out, effectively forcing the user to not use gift vouchers and pay by another means.

Has anyone come across this before and if so is there a simple fix?

Alternatively is it something I have not picked up on that discount coupons and gift vouchers can not be used in conjunction with one another? i.e. Can I not pay with vouchers if I've already used a discount coupon?

Any assistance much appreciated.

regards,

Scott

Has anyone come across this before and if so is there a simple fix?

the fix was posted sometime ago which calculates the order total and the GV balance. sorry, you'll have to search for the fix in the thread.

also, remember that free shipping overrides the coupon discount

CHOOCH

I'm having problems with the Order Total subtracting tax from my coupon value.

Example. The coupon is for $10 and the tax rate should be 13% for the order. Instead of subtracting $10 from the sub-total, CCGV is subtracting $8.85 from the total ($8.85 is $10 - 13% tax).

I need CCGV top subtract the full amount of $10.00.

Here's a sample.

Sub-Total (CDN$): $40.00

Discount Coupons:ABC2: -$10.00

6% GST + 7% PST: $4.05 <-- TAX SHOULD BE $3.90 (13% of $30)

Grand-Total (CDN$): $34.05

I've played around with the tax settings for the coupon and tried to disable the Tax options with no luck.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Edited by mangohead

Anyone know how to fix this?

NO! With the correct order total it should be:

Sub-Total (CDN$): $40.00

SHIPPING CHARGES: $0.00

TAX: 6% GST + 7% PST: $5.20 <-- TAX SHOULD BE 13% of $40

COUPONS: Discount Coupons:ABC2: -$10.00

VOUCHERS: -$0.00

Grand-Total (CDN$): $35.20 (not $34.05)

Remember you are not giving your customer a $10 discount coupon for a single item (or items) as such, you are giving a $10 discount coupon on the full amount after shipping charges and tax has been applied.

CHOOCH

After thoroughly searching this forum, I'm unable to find if this was ever asked or possible.

I realize that one is able to restrict categories for coupon use.

Is there any way to restrict gift vouchers from being used to buy additional gift vouchers?

Thanks

I need my Coupon Box to be above the "Payment Method Text". Also the Enter Code Below text should be near the top of the coupon box.

Everybody wants to have something set up in their way to suit their needs or their store layout - you won't get anyone here going to do it for you, i guess you'll have to play around with the code till you get it right.

CHOOCH

Everybody wants to have something set up in their way to suit their needs or their store layout - you won't get anyone here going to do it for you, i guess you'll have to play around with the code till you get it right.

I dont know what to play around with. What text to switch or swap. If someone would help me just fix this small probably it would help. The Text shouldt be all in the same spot. it should be Gift Vouchers than the code box than "Pament Method" than the payment box.. some how they got squished together.. and I dont know where.

Edited by ftwvampftw

Can anyone tell me the difference between the CCGV and CCGV9trad)?

I want to be able to offer gift certificates and have them downloadable...just one per customer.

I may use the coupon option at some time.

Any advice???

Marcia