• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Check that you are not applying the discount to shipping.

Right again Coopco!!

Now, is there a way to put the redeem button before the credit card information so that the customer only has to enter their number once?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right again Coopco!!

Now, is there a way to put the redeem button before the credit card information so that the customer only has to enter their number once?

I think that the Easy2UnderstandPayment_v12 addition by Jonyo took care of this.

aybe the optional part of the mod?

I think that the Easy2UnderstandPayment_v12 addition by Jonyo took care of this.

aybe the optional part of the mod?

I have the optionals by Jonyo in all the files. I think I'll try try the fixes_v1.1 contribution...I think that might do it.

I have the optionals by Jonyo in all the files. I think I'll try try the fixes_v1.1 contribution...I think that might do it.

I don't seem to be having the same problems as you.

Send me an e-mail if you would like to try my test site. I will give you the details by return e-mail.

Hi there all... I'm still having a little bit of a problem with this mod:

I have created a product called '$50 gift voucher'. If a customer buys only the $50 gift voucher, when they check out, the only option they get for payment is credit card (although I have bank transfer and COD installed). Does anyone know how to change this? If something else is brought, it gives all the options. Also, if a different product AND the gift voucher is ordered, it gives all the options, it's only when its JUST a gift voucher that I don't get all the options for payment.

Thanks,

~Barbara~

I have created a product called '$50 gift voucher'. If a customer buys only the $50 gift voucher, when they check out, the only option they get for payment is credit card (although I have bank transfer and COD installed). Does anyone know how to change this? If something else is brought, it gives all the options. Also, if a different product AND the gift voucher is ordered, it gives all the options, it's only when its JUST a gift voucher that I don't get all the options for payment.

Thanks,

~Barbara~

Bank transfer - check the payment zone in admin

It may also depend on the shipping option chosen.

COD for a gift voucher is a bit hard to achieve unless you print one out and hand deliver it (grin).

COD for a gift voucher is a bit hard to achieve unless you print one out and hand deliver it (grin).

hehe didn't even think of the COD issue! I checked the payment zone again, and it is definetly set right (for Australian Zones). Eventually when I get the store running, I'll only be using CC and Bank Transfer, while I'm playing around I've got other settings going, hence the COD. I'm still trying to figure out why it won't give me those options though?

One more thing - I'm having a small problem with the gift vouchers.

- A customer purchases a $50 gift voucher.

- I send it through admin

- Customer logs in and attempts to send the gift voucher onto someone else.

Customer cannot send the $50 gift voucher (error reads: Invalid Amount). However, after playing with it, it will send $49.99, so it's obviously a rounding error. Has this happened to others? How can I fix it?

Thanks,

~Barbara~

One more thing - I'm having a small problem with the gift vouchers.

- A customer purchases a $50 gift voucher.

- I send it through admin

- Customer logs in and attempts to send the gift voucher onto someone else.

Customer cannot send the $50 gift voucher (error reads: Invalid Amount). However, after playing with it, it will send $49.99, so it's obviously a rounding error. Has this happened to others? How can I fix it?

Thanks,

~Barbara~

Maybe set

Tax Class to none

Products Gross price 50

Let the nett price set itself

Can't image what the bank transfer problem is, but I do have a conrib installed that gives free shipping on products with zero weight.

I have a few questions about the gift vouchers.

Reading through the install documentation, it states this:

The value in the admin->configuration->Welcome Gift Voucher Amount

tells the system how much of a gift voucher you would like to send your customer that has just created an account.

However, this category does not exist for me! I checked and it seems I have copied over all the files necessary.

Also, when I create a gift voucher, I don't see any kind of ID being sent to the buyer who just bought it. Where is this gift voucher ID supposed to come from? When it is checked out of the cart, it seems just like any other item.

One more question: it seems that I have forgotten to allow taxes (United States). Is there some kind of easy way I can allow taxes for each state? If not, how do I go about putting individual state's taxes in and where can I get a list for these tax rates/states?

Thanks!

I'm having the same exact problem, except that I'm using only Paypal.

It gives me this:

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

to be used from Gift Vouchers

There is no payment type listed!

However, if I add some other item with it, it will correctly tell me that I can use paypal to pay.

I'm having the same exact problem, except that I'm using only Paypal.

It gives me this:

There is no payment type listed!

However, if I add some other item with it, it will correctly tell me that I can use paypal to pay.

Guessing again, but check the edits that you did on the checkout_payment.php and includes/classes/payment.php

Thanks,

~Barbara~

I have managed to get the bank transfer working finally, searched everywhere. I'm using the 'Ausbank contribution' for bank deposit and found that I had to change the code slightly:

// disable the module if the order only contains virtual products

// if ($this->enabled == true) {

// if ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight') {

// $this->enabled = false;

// }

// }

I commented this section out and changed the code slightly (I know it's commented out... but... it worked?!)

Wherever it said $order->delivery, I also changed to $order->billing (there are two lines to change).

Seems to be working on the first round of testing, hope this helps someone else.

~Barbara~

I have managed to get the bank transfer working finally, searched everywhere. I'm using the 'Ausbank contribution' for bank deposit and found that I had to change the code slightly:

// disable the module if the order only contains virtual products

// if ($this->enabled == true) {

// if ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight') {

// $this->enabled = false;

// }

// }

I commented this section out and changed the code slightly (I know it's commented out... but... it worked?!)

Wherever it said $order->delivery, I also changed to $order->billing (there are two lines to change).

Seems to be working on the first round of testing, hope this helps someone else.

~Barbara~

That contrib should not have needed to be moded to work, the problem is elsewhere.

Greetings

WOW there are so many posts in this thread!!

I have read through quite a few pages and don't seem to find my answers, so at the risk of making a fool out of myslef and possibly being a pain, I'd like to mention my problem here even though I'm sure it is something elementary that I'm missing.

Have the contrib installed, and the discount part works like a charm!

With regards to the gift voucher I created a product, gave it model number GIFT250, purchased it and that's all - no code in email, not in the queue section, no way to redeem it.

Can somebody please give me a hand or a pointer here?

Thanks much

Ron

Greetings

WOW there are so many posts in this thread!!

I have read through quite a few pages and don't seem to find my answers, so at the risk of making a fool out of myslef and possibly being a pain, I'd like to mention my problem here even though I'm sure it is something elementary that I'm missing.

Have the contrib installed, and the discount part works like a charm!

With regards to the gift voucher I created a product, gave it model number GIFT250, purchased it and that's all - no code in email, not in the queue section, no way to redeem it.

Can somebody please give me a hand or a pointer here?

Thanks much

Ron

PLEASE PLEASE disregard my previous post - got it done, and as I suspected something very very elementary!!! Sorry to be a bother.

====================================

I still can't get the discount price be forwarded to Paypal!

I got every thing working before I installed CCGV.

I am having the same problem:

1) When the customer checks out and it forwards to paypal, the discount is not there. The customer will end up paying the original amount without the coupon discount.

I am currently using version 5.16 of CCG.

And this is the same problem as Arrowhead123 is having part 1.

Not solved yet, can you help, please.

Hey Guys -

Me too, me too.

I have the PayPal IPN that has been working just fine. I installed CCGV1.51a, and then did the v5.16 fixes. However, when you go to checkout w/ PayPal, it does not calculate the discount.

Prior to clicking on "Confirm Order", the screen shows:

Sub-Total: $20.00

Total: $20.00

Discount Coupons:CONFERENCE: -$5.00

Then, when I click "Confirm Order" it takes me to PayPal:

Payment For: Shopping Cart View Contents

Currency: U.S. Dollars Help

Amount: $20.00 USD

Shipping & Handling: $0.00 USD

Total Amount: $20.00 USD

I've installed the contribution twice now - just can't get past this problem.

Maybe I've missed something -

I used the following files:

CCVG v5.16 - BlueNoteMKVI 8 Feb 2006

Then ... I installed:

bunch of fixes v1.1 (table/roundoff/etc.) aviram

Any help?

so here is my current problem--I am sure to discover more but this is what I have noticed so far--please tell me where to change this text--I cant find it for the life of me

screen.png

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

so here is my current problem--I am sure to discover more but this is what I have noticed so far--please tell me where to change this text--I cant find it for the life of me

screen.png

This belongs in the support thread for the paypal contrib that you installed, but my guess is that you missed something in the install of that contrib.

the whole issue with that particular paypal ipn that is in the CCGV does not work. When I first installed CCGV I had the same issue to reslove that issue simply do not install the paypal.php or any other of the paypal stuff. This gets rid of the error and you can still use the supported version of paypal.

Hope this helps

First of all, a huge THANKS!! to Coopco for all the help! :D

Next, I have installed version 5.16 and add the fixes_v1.1. At this point, the contribution is working as I need it, however, my problem still lies with the checkout part of it. As Coopco mentioned before, the mods by Jonyo should have taken care of this but I'm not sure if it did or if it did what I thought it was supposed to.

Here's what I want:

I want to offer a coupon code to special customers via email (done). Once a customer is logged in and has selected items, I want them to be able to use the code that was sent (also done). Now, at checkout, I would like the customer to just choose their shipping (which they can and do) then I want them to go to the payment page (aka checkout_payment.php) and enter a code if they have one (they can if they have one) then continue (maybe without hitting a redeem button??) to enter their credit card number and then click continue on the bottom. (So far all of this can happen - here's where I would like to see something different) When the customer hits continue, I want them to go to the confirmation page so they can see their total and the discount applied and their shipping address, credit card info, etc. Currently, if they hit continue (or redeem) they are prompted back to the same page but with the red banner at the top saying their discount is applied but they have to enter their credit card information again.

I don't like this but I don't know how I can change it. I have tried to modify the files but I am no professional so it's not working out for me. I am afraid that the checkout is too confusing but mostly annoying to have to enter in the credit card info twice.

So, what do ya think? Is this possible? :-"

This belongs in the support thread for the paypal contrib that you installed, but my guess is that you missed something in the install of that contrib.

Maybe if you post the source code for that page?

How does anyone know IPN version is on a shop just by looking at the page?

Hello,

I have/had Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons working, but now it doesn't. Not sure when it stopped. Everything seems to be working fine except its not deducting the coupon or voucher at check out. Entering the redeem code for a coupon or voucher has no effect. There are no errors.

Any ideas of where to begin looking for this problem?

Thanks!!

Here what I have in my store right now. When my Cart is empty, the more info link works just fine and there is no error message in the status bar. but when I add a item to the cart I get the error again.

Here is the Javascript code I'm using in my catalog/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php file:

?$cart_contents_string ="
<script language=\"javascript\">
function couponpopupWindow(url) {
?window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re
sizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=450,height=280,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l
eft=150')
}
//--></script>";

I think that will help anyone who knows more programing to solve the problem.

Looking forward to hear good news.

has anyone mastered the way to put the pop up in the header.... for those who have header in cart?

any advice would be appreciated

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH