• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I want to install this contribution but it is SO HARD

I want to make a coupon code for my store so that Retailers can get a wholesale discount.

>_<

If you are refering to being a retailer and wholesaler their a contrib. that would be more usefull to you than having a ccgv. It is in the contrib section called seprate pricing per customer.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../download,11185

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried searching for the answer through all the pages and through google and forum search, but didn't find this so forgive me if this has been asked.

I have successfully (appears that way anyway) installed CCGV 5.16 w/ all updates over the most current version of OSC plus STS4 and option_type.

I am running into one issue. The first time that I enter a valid coupon code upon checkout and click redeem I receive the following in the red box at the top:

The coupon has been successfully applied for <BR>***HOWEVER:No reducion available, please see the coupon restrictions***

If I reenter the code on the reloaded checkout page, the coupon works and is applied correctly.

This leads me to two questions:

1. Why would it work the second time but not the first time? (I have tried this several times and it is consistent)

2. Where is the text for the box modified? - I checked the english.php files and was able to find something similar but not that particular text.

Thank you,

Jen

I tried searching for the answer through all the pages and through google and forum search, but didn't find this so forgive me if this has been asked.

I have successfully (appears that way anyway) installed CCGV 5.16 w/ all updates over the most current version of OSC plus STS4 and option_type.

I am running into one issue. The first time that I enter a valid coupon code upon checkout and click redeem I receive the following in the red box at the top:

The coupon has been successfully applied for <BR>***HOWEVER:No reducion available, please see the coupon restrictions***

If I reenter the code on the reloaded checkout page, the coupon works and is applied correctly.

This leads me to two questions:

1. Why would it work the second time but not the first time? (I have tried this several times and it is consistent)

2. Where is the text for the box modified? - I checked the english.php files and was able to find something similar but not that particular text.

Thank you,

Jen

What version of CCGV did you install? Many of the problems with CCGV is dependent on th version that you install, and on your version of OSC.

I installed 5.51a2 parts 1 and 2 and this cleared up this problem in my test site. If you send me a PM, I will give you the url so that you can check it out.

CRE loaded OSC presents their own problems that I am not familiar with.

1.. Is answered in the forum, but a long way back.

2.. The text is correct.

There are quirks with this contrib. I am waiting for the next full version before I try it on my live site.

Hi

I saw someone else posted an error like this but I could not find a resolution.

When I go to my cart (or any page where the cart is displayed) I get this error message:

1146 - Table 'db132456.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Wired

Hi

I saw someone else posted an error like this but I could not find a resolution.

When I go to my cart (or any page where the cart is displayed) I get this error message:

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Wired

When a table is missing, it would seem that the sql file has not been run. If you do not know how to do it, ask.

Hi

No, its in there although it does say in phpmyadmin under the table "PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `customer_id`"

I have a reasonably customised osc so thought that this could be the error (did not just copy file over but used Beyond Compare to analyse each file).

Any other ideas

Thanks

W

When a table is missing, it would seem that the sql file has not been run. If you do not know how to do it, ask.

Hi

No, its in there although it does say in phpmyadmin under the table "PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `customer_id`"

I have a reasonably customised osc so thought that this could be the error (did not just copy file over but used Beyond Compare to analyse each file).

Any other ideas

Thanks

W

My site is 40+ contribs, is that reasonable?

Which version of the sql did you run?

The problem would still seem to be with your dB.

If you backed up the dB before running the sql, try restoring it and run the sql again. Apart from that, I have absolutely no idea.

Over 40+ contribs. Cool :D I'm not quite that many.

Think I missed out the very last line of application_top

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion

The cart is working fine now. Not sure where the link to the db came from though. Thanks for your advice.

W

My site is 40+ contribs, is that reasonable?

Which version of the sql did you run?

The problem would still seem to be with your dB.

If you backed up the dB before running the sql, try restoring it and run the sql again. Apart from that, I have absolutely no idea.

Over 40+ contribs. Cool :D I'm not quite that many.

Think I missed out the very last line of application_top

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion

The cart is working fine now. Not sure where the link to the db came from though. Thanks for your advice.

W

No problem, we are still all learning. one day, I wil get the hang of php.

My install is working on my test site (eventually my working site). If you want to play, send me a PM and I will give you the url.

I have found that you always back up your dB before running an sql script. It just makes life easier.

What version of CCGV did you install? Many of the problems with CCGV is dependent on th version that you install, and on your version of OSC.

I installed 5.51a2 parts 1 and 2 and this cleared up this problem in my test site. If you send me a PM, I will give you the url so that you can check it out.

CRE loaded OSC presents their own problems that I am not familiar with.

1.. Is answered in the forum, but a long way back.

2.. The text is correct.

There are quirks with this contrib. I am waiting for the next full version before I try it on my live site.

I installed 5.51a with the two most recent updates available (so I'm at the very last contrib at this point). I also installed it over oscommerce 2.2ms2. CCGV is then installed over global reg, STS Plus and option_type. There were only 6 files that required merging and non had conflicts from the original osCommerce ms2 load.

I will search back in the forum again for the answer to #1. I am trying to find the text for #2 because one of the words is spelled wrong - restrictions is missing the 't'.

My only other issue now is Paypal not receiving the discount as part of the total, but I saw that already in the forum and can go implement that.

Thank you Coopco for your quick response,

Jen

Hi

One more thing. I think I may have missed something else but just to check first...

When a customer applies a coupon code, the Products ordered table in the check out shows

Sub total

Shipping

Total

Discount

Should it not then show another line, ie the new total with discount applied?

Cheers

W

Sorry, one more and I think I am done (!).

When I send a voucher from my account to a friend, the screen says:

Congratulations, your Gift Certificate has successfully been sent

gv 97545c154b

I know that the code is the number used to redeem in the checkout but I am not sure why it appers on this screen.

Any ideas.

Thanks

W

Edited by Wired PSF

Sorry, answer to my own question above, I had the sort order incorrect within Admin, thus the discount was the last thing showing (at 740). I have made the Total the last thing and this now works.

To replace my question since I answered it :), can I ask a different one.

When I buy a voucher, on the checkout_success page, it says

Your Order Has Been Processed!

Your order has been successfully processed! Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days.

I thought I had read somewhere that a different screen was shown given that no goods are being sent. I wanted to change this to reflect the fact that the voucher would be 'released' thus avoiding the fraud worry of customer getting the voucher and cancelling the payment. I just felt that it was worth a little more explanation so that customers dont email in saying where's my voucher?

Apologies if misread, thanks for info.

W

Edited by Wired PSF

Hi

My girlfriend just spotted this one and searching the contrib hasn't found an answer.

Within the checkout i have

Sub-Total: ?148.60

Discount Coupons:club: -?14.86

United Parcel Service (UPS) (6 lbs) (Ground): ?8.50

Gift Vouchers (-) : ?66.26

Total: ?75.98

Is there any want to make the gift voucher a negative too (like with the discount code, ie Gift Vouchers: -?66.26

Thanks

W

Hello.

I'm trying to get this mod installed and working and seem to be stuck. Whenever I add an item to my cart and sign in to checkout I get this message:

This is on the checkout_shipping.php page. Am I missing a line of code somewhere?

I'm still stuck with this same issue, even after downloading 3 different packs. Is there a pack with complete files and a sql file that will work?

I also have not been able to find additions to the includes > functions > general file. Are there changes that need to be made in this file?

I have quite a few mods on my shop and I really don't want to start over in order to get this to work.

Thanks!

Clesha

I'm still stuck with this same issue, even after downloading 3 different packs. Is there a pack with complete files and a sql file that will work?

I also have not been able to find additions to the includes > functions > general file. Are there changes that need to be made in this file?

I have quite a few mods on my shop and I really don't want to start over in order to get this to work.

Just a thought but did you check to make sure you defined it in the database.php file

All right guys.

I have finally solved problem number 2. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out problem 1, which is this:

1) When the customer checks out and it forwards to paypal, the discount is not there. The customer will end up paying the original amount without the coupon discount.

Has anyone out there encountered this problem and/or know how to solve it???

THanks!

I'm having problems with CCG v5.15. There seem to be two problems:

1) When the customer checks out and it forwards to paypal, the discount is not there. The customer will end up paying the original amount without the coupon discount.

2) When someone enters the discount code, a message at the top pops up with this message:

The coupon has been successfully applied for $0.12

However, this value is different than the actual discount shown, which has this amount:

Discount Coupons:<discount code>: -$0.44

I don't understand why there are discrepencies here. One takes into account 5% off from the actual product. The other takes into account 5% off the total price including shipping. How do I go about fixing both these problems?

Thanks!

All right guys.

I have finally solved problem number 2. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out problem 1, which is this:

Has anyone out there encountered this problem and/or know how to solve it???

THanks!

Maybe you will need to say what PayPal contrib and version you are using.

Hey coopo,

I am currently using version 5.16 of CCG.

With regards to paypal, I am using the official one supported by the osCommerce team, osCommerce-Paypal_IPN-v1.1. Here's a link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...Paypal_IPN-v1.1

When I was merging with CCG, there were several differences with the paypal IPN and what CCG had. I ended up copying over the CCG files.

In paypal.php for CCG, it had this comment:

LISTEN UP!!!

I removed all instances of shipping in the cart => paypal transaction. What does this mean?

It means that PayPal will never list shipping in any order transactions. However, should

you use a coupon with free or discounted shipping in it, PayPal will always recieve the correct

charge amount.

Thanks!

Maybe you will need to say what PayPal contrib and version you are using.

Hey coopo,

I am currently using version 5.16 of CCG.

With regards to paypal, I am using the official one supported by the osCommerce team, osCommerce-Paypal_IPN-v1.1. Here's a link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...Paypal_IPN-v1.1

When I was merging with CCG, there were several differences with the paypal IPN and what CCG had. I ended up copying over the CCG files.

In paypal.php for CCG, it had this comment:

Thanks!

The file with that text also has in its header

$Id: paypal.php,v 1.1.1.1 2004/09/22 13:45:13 devosc Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

DevosC, Developing open source Code

http://www.devosc.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Copyright © 2004 DevosC.com

Released under the GNU General Public License

To me, this is the PayPal_IPN developed by Gregory Babool (DevOSC) and not the official OSC one.

The one by DevOSC is the one that I use and seems to work.

Hi all,

I need urgent help on this, we have a problem with percentage disount coupons.

I am running an altered 5.10b version of CCGV with the fix for double discount added, every thing was working great until today, when a custome tried to apply his 20% discount.

The value of the discount should be ?14.60 +- 1penny and the total for the order should be ?61.39, but as you can see below its completely wrong, does anyone have a fix for this, as I have not found one yet looking through these pages.

But we do not seem to have this problem when we send a ?5, ?10..... voucher to anyone?

Here is what he saw:-

Sub-Total: ?72.99

Shipping & Handling (Best Way): ?3.00

UK/EU VAT: ?11.32

Discount Coupons:PS101: -?6.00 <---- This is incorrect!!!!!!!

Total: ?67.81

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

Hi all,

I need urgent help on this, we have a problem with percentage disount coupons.

I am running an altered 5.10b version of CCGV with the fix for double discount added, every thing was working great until today, when a custome tried to apply his 20% discount.

The value of the discount should be ?14.60 +- 1penny and the total for the order should be ?61.39, but as you can see below its completely wrong, does anyone have a fix for this, as I have not found one yet looking through these pages.

But we do not seem to have this problem when we send a ?5, ?10..... voucher to anyone?

Here is what he saw:-

Check your settings for the 20% coupon, make sure that you have set it as 20% (The value of the discount for the coupon, % on the end for a percentage discount.)

Is it possible that when someone creates an account that the value of the gift voucher is added straight to their account rather than having to go through the redeem process. Thinking of those who create an account because they have been refered to the site and are buying something straight away.

Thanks,

Ally

Hi all,

An update to our problem, If a category has or has had a product in the Specials category ALL other products that ARE NOT on Special offer in that category do not have the discount applied, even when the item has been removed from the specials section.

Any ideas anyone, some one did post something to do with specials but cannot find it now.

Thanks

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

I'm testing the CCGV and for some reason the credit is not being deducted from the total. Below is how it displays at checkout confirmation.

Sub-Total: $64.95

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Total: $69.95

Discount Coupons:93a6dc: -$16.09

Any suggestions? I've installed all the rollouts and patches and nothing.